A gem on Florida’s Treasure Coast, the elegant city of Vero Beach has an abundance of quiet beaches and unspoilt nature and wildlife preserves. With a backdrop of endless vistas of blue skies, clear turquoise seas and waving palm trees, visitors can explore and shop in the historic downtown, visit the museums, art galleries and marinas, and enjoy water sports.
Baseball fans will want to visit the MLB’s Jackie Robinson Training Complex, with its year-round cycle of events. You can get close to nature at the many parks in and near the city, and go kayaking in the Indian River Lagoon system and other waterways, where you may meet some gentle manatees.
There is a wide range of places to stay, such as luxury hotels and spas, boutique historic inns and seaside cottages. Here is a list of the best cool and unusual hotels in Vero Beach (in no particular order)…
1. Costa d’Este Beach Resort & Spa – an iconic and Insta-worthy resort that offers a private beach ideal for a romantic stay
A deluxe, beachfront hotel boasting sophisticated rooms, a Cuban-fusion restaurant, an infinity pool with a poolside bar, a spa with four treatment rooms, and a fitness center.
Rooms at Costa d’Este Beach Resort & Spa feature teak furnishings, Egyptian cotton bedding, private balconies with ocean views, and limestone bathrooms with built-in benches and twin showerheads.
Basic amenities like flatscreen TVs, iPod docks, complimentary toiletries, and free Wi-Fi are available in all rooms. The luxurious resort is a few minutes walk from some of the best shops, restaurants, and bars on Vero Beach.
Address: 3244 Ocean Dr, Vero Beach, FL 32963, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Costa d’Este Beach Resort & Spa
2. Kimpton Vero Beach Hotel & Spa – a hip and stylish boutique-style resort that offers a heated oceanside pool
Located along the coastline of the Atlantic Ocean, Kimpton Vero Beach Hotel & Spa is an eco-friendly resort featuring elegant rooms and suites for a comfortable stay.
Each room at this cool boutique oceanfront hotel has a West Indies-style decor, modern furnishings, and bathrooms with rainfall showerheads and marble floors. Some rooms and suites come with private balconies and full kitchens.
The luxe resort hosts a wine social every evening. Other amenities include a spa, an oceanfront pool, a bar, a salon, and a fitness center.
Address: 3500 Ocean Dr, Vero Beach, FL 32963, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Kimpton Vero Beach Hotel & Spa
3. Prestige Hotel Vero Beach – easily one of the coolest hotels to stay in Vero Beach perfect for Millennials and Gen Zs
A laid-back hotel located a few miles from Vero Beach Museum of Art and McKee Botanical Garden, with South Beach Park reachable within a 6-minute walk.
The 2-star hotel features unassuming rooms and apartments with flat-screen TVs, coffeemakers, microwaves, and free Wi-Fi among other basic amenities.
One- or two-bedroom suites have advanced amenities like private lanais with sea views, living rooms with pull-out sofas, and full kitchens. All guests have access to parking, beach chairs, and umbrellas. There’s also a seasonal outdoor pool, a sundeck, shuffleboard courts, and BBQ grills.
Address: 1526 Ocean Dr, Vero Beach, FL 32963, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Prestige Hotel Vero Beach
4. South Beach Place – Vero Beach – a vibrant and trendy boutique hotel that is steps away from the beach
A contemporary, all-suite hotel located in a cul de sac opposite South Beach Park. The 2-star hotel is within walking distance of the Vero Beach Museum of Art and Vero Beach Municipal Airport.
Each room at South Beach Place is individually decorated and features all basic amenities including cable TV and free high-speed Internet. One-bedroom suites add living rooms, kitchens, and dining tables.
On-site amenities include an outdoor heated pool, a shuffleboard court, a coin-operated laundry, and a picnic area with a BBQ grill.
Address: 1705 Ocean Dr, Vero Beach, FL 32963, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for South Beach Place – Vero Beach
5. Sea Turtle Inn – a charming and cool hotel great for families and groups of friends
A pleasantly old-fashioned, budget hotel located about five miles from McKee Botanical Garden, with Vero Beach Museum of Art accessible within a 14-minute walk. Sea Turtle Inn offers easy access to all famous restaurants on Ocean Drive.
Guests are lodged in one- to two-bedroom apartments with separate living areas and full kitchens. Free Wi-Fi, a TV with cable channels, and air-conditioning are available in all rooms. The quaint hotel also has an outdoor pool fringed with palm trees and sun loungers.
Address: 835 Azalea Ln, Vero Beach, FL 32963, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Sea Turtle Inn
6. Sea Spray Inn – a cool and cozy inn that features an outdoor pool and a rooftop deck
An informal apartment hotel fronted by a beautiful grove of palm trees. Located a mile from Highway 1 in East Fort Lauderdale, Sea Spray Inn boasts airy, relaxed rooms and suites with garden views.
Free Wi-Fi, flatscreen TVs, sitting areas with sofa beds, and well-equipped kitchenettes are available in all suites. One- and two-bedroom apartments add living rooms. Guests lodged in the hotel’s penthouse can indulge in magnificent ocean views. On-site amenities include a BBQ area and a heated outdoor pool.
Popular attractions near the 3-star hotel include Hugh Taylor Birch State Park, Anglins Fishing Pier, El Prado Park, and Fort Lauderdale Beach.
Address: 4301 El Mar Dr, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Sea Spray Inn
7. A Vero Oasis-Soaking pool, lanai w/ amenities – a unique place to stay in Vero Beach that provides great amenities
An idyllic home nestled in a coveted neighborhood, a few miles from Jaycee Beach and South Beach. There’s a small soaking tub and a beautiful veranda tucked in the backyard with plenty of natural shade.
The beach home can sleep up to 10 guests and is equipped with three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a full kitchen, a living area, and a dining area. Featuring an ecru-white interior, this holiday home is a perfect place for both a weekend getaway and a long, multi-family vacation.
Address: 2431 20th Avenue, Vero Beach, FL 32960, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for A Vero Oasis-Soaking pool, lanai w/ amenities
8. Kaslo Breeze – a modern and comfy holiday home near local attractions
A stunning holiday home with comfortable, airy spaces for guests to unwind.
Located less than seven miles from Vero Beach Museum of Art, Kaslo Breeze has three well-appointed bedrooms, a fully functional kitchen, two bathrooms with a shower, a living room, a garden, and a furnished patio looking onto the street.
From greige floors to meticulously-manicured grass to desk workspaces in all rooms, Kaslo Breeze has everything to make you feel at home. All basic amenities like Internet access, air-conditioning, barbecue grills, and free toiletries are available.
Address: Vero Beach, 32966, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Kaslo Breeze
9. Lavish Vero Beach Escape with Pool, Hot Tub and Dock! – one of the most Instagrammable vacation homes in Vero Beach
A chic holiday home featuring four bedrooms with en suite bathrooms, a fully equipped kitchen, a living room with a dining area, a furnished patio, and an expansive backyard with a private pool and a soaking tub.
Nestled along a peaceful canal near the Indian River, the luxe property has a coastal-themed interior with azure and beige touches.
Guests have easy access to many popular attractions of Vero Beach, including South Beach, Round Island Beach Park, Avalon State Park Beach, and Vero Beach Museum of Art, Pepper Beach State Recreation Area. Round Island Oceanside Park is a 3-minute drive from the vacation rental.
Address: Vero Beach, 32963, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Lavish Vero Beach Escape with Pool, Hot Tub and Dock!
10. Orchid Island Retreat 1/2 mile from Ocean Beach – a greenery holiday home perfect for nature lovers
A paradisal house with an exquisite garden and a screened-in pool terrace. The holiday home has three bedrooms, a well-equipped kitchen, a living area, and three bathrooms with a bidet. The property is newly renovated with huge televisions, new appliances, and high ceilings.
The master suite features a walk-in closet with plenty of storage.
The pet-friendly house also has a two-car garage and a storage canopy for jet skies among other amenities. Major attractions near the property include Jaycee Beach, Humiston Park Beach, Indian River Shores Beach, and Vero Beach Museum of Art.
Address: 400 Live Oak Road, Vero Beach, FL 32963, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Orchid Island Retreat 1/2 mile from Ocean Beach
We also have posts on…
- Cool and trendy hotels in Tampa
- Cool and trendy hotels in Orlando
- Cool and trendy hotels in Tallahassee
- Cool and trendy hotels in Key West
- Cool and trendy hotels in Jacksonville
- Cool and trendy hotels in St Augustine
- Cool and trendy hotels in Fort Lauderdale
- Cool and trendy hotels in Naples FL
- Cool and trendy hotels on Sanibel Island
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Key Largo
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Palm Beach/West Palm Beach
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Daytona Beach
Ever since he was knee-high to a grasshopper Michael has always been a sucker for an adventure. Growing up he was lucky enough to live in a handful of exotic far flung locations including Hong Kong, Pakistan, Kenya and Tanzania and since then he’s continued his taste for seeking out new cultures. So much in fact he now travels the world as a trading digital nomad, exploring everything from the sizzling street markets in Bangkok to random back alleys in Sri Lanka and everything in between! He also has a special fondness for Cohibas, street food, playing carrom, and fine wine and knows his clarets from his chiantis. He counts Cuba, Amsterdam, Indonesia, Cambodia and Italy as his favourite destinations.