Perched on a south-facing terrace above the Rhone valley, Villars is a charming village in the heart of the Vaud Alps, affording views of the Dents-du-Midi and the Mont Blanc massif.
The picturesque trails, vast ski areas, and snowparks make Villars a year-round holiday destination that attracts vacationers from all around the world. Though winters in Villars are all about skiing, summers offer some exciting off-piste opportunities, from hiking to mountain biking to golf.
Visitors can also look forward to treasure hunts, educational wood walks, and gastronomic tours, all in the heart of the mountains. As you explore the winding trails of Villars, you’ll come across some extraordinary natural treasures including the lakes of Lac de Bretaye, Lac de Chavonnes, and Lac Noir.
The holiday destination also boasts a great variety of accommodation choices, from luxury boutique hotels to chalet-style vacation rentals. Here are the top cool and unusual hotels in Villars, Switzerland (in no particular order)...
1. VIU Hotel Villars – a beautiful, trendy and very Instagrammable hotel surrounded by snow-capped mountains
Surrounded by majestic snow-capped peaks,VIU Hotel Villars is the paragon of alpine serenity. The tasteful hotel offers luxurious accommodations with private parking, a wellness area, an elegant restaurant, and a refined bar.
Whether you’re staying alone or with your family, there is a wide range of accommodation options to suit your needs. In-room amenities include flat-screen TVs with cable channels, coffee makers, safety deposit boxes, spacious wardrobes, and balconies with city views.
Located about 20 miles from Train station Montreux, VIU Hotel Villars is a minute’s walk from the nearest ski lift.
Address: 152 Avenue Centrale, 1884 Villars-sur-Ollon, Switzerland
- To book, check prices or availability for VIU Hotel Villars
2. Les Mazots du Clos – one of the best and trendiest hotels in Villars offering a true VIP experience
With lavish accommodations, diverse culinary offerings, and unique relaxation opportunities, Les Mazots du Clos stands as one of the best hotels in Villars. Set in a charming chalet-style building, the 4-star hotel offers a true VIP experience to its guests.
There are seven unique lodging choices, ranging from simple studios with standard amenities to two-bedroom suites with private decks. Dolce Vita, the most deluxe suite, in a private split-level Mazot has a spacious living room with plush sofas, a cosy fireplace, a dining area, and a modern bathroom with a walk-in shower.
The hotel’s intimate spa features a traditional outdoor sauna, an outdoor deck, a state-of-the-art infrared sauna, an outdoor heated pool, a hammam, and a jacuzzi.
Address: Av. Centrale 85, 1884 Villars-sur-Ollon, Switzerland
- To book, check prices or availability for Les Mazots du Clos
3. Maison de Montagne Bretaye – a cosy rustic chic hotel with a cool vibe perfect for partying Millennials and Gen Zs and offering ski-to-door access
An ideal base for those who don’t want to ease up on alpine fun, Maison de Montagne Bretaye provides an unparalleled lodging experience in the heart of the Vaud Alps ski resort.
From basic studios to dormitories to private flats, you can choose from a broad array of accommodation options at this boutique hotel. The onsite restaurant serves amazing seasonal dishes that will delight even the most discerning of palates.
Maison de Montagne Bretaye is about nine miles from Chillon Castle, with the Grand Chamossaire Chairlift reachable within a 10-minute walk.
Address: Case postale 71, 1884 Villars-sur-Ollon, Switzerland
- To book, check prices or availability for Maison de Montagne Bretaye
4. Chalet RoyAlp Hôtel & Spa – a modern upscale and conveniently located hotel with 5-star facilities
Yet another chalet-style hotel in the Swiss Alps, Chalet RoyAlp Hôtel & Spa provides upscale accommodation in sophisticated units. Located about five miles from Col de la Croix mountain pass, the 5-star hotel is a 5-minute walk from Roches-Grises train station.
All rooms have work desks, flat-screen TVs, minibars, and separate sitting areas. Upgraded rooms have private terraces, while suites feature living rooms and Nespresso machines.
With three fantastic onsite restaurants, you won’t feel like satisfying your appetite elsewhere. While staying here, you’ll also enjoy access to a chic spa with six treatment rooms, saunas, an indoor infinity pool, and a fitness centre.
Address: Domaine de Rochegrise, Rte du Col de la Croix 23, 1884 Villars-sur-Ollon, Switzerland
- To book, check prices or availability for Chalet RoyAlp Hôtel & Spa
5. Villars Palace – one of the most luxurious hotels in Villars that is also only a 2-minute walk from the nearest ski lift
One of the most luxurious hotels in Villars, Villars Palace boasts seven thoughtfully appointed units with upscale amenities. Flat-screen TVs, ensuite bathrooms, premium linens, work desks, and balconies are featured in all rooms, while some units have balconies with garden views.
Among the facilities available on site are an outdoor swimming pool, evening entertainment, a 24-hour front desk, and a fitness centre.
The 5-star is located about ten miles from Chillon Castle, with the nearest ski lift accessible within a 2-minute walk.
Address: Route des Hôtels 28, 1884 Villars-sur-Ollon, Switzerland –
- To book, check prices or availability for Villars Palace
6. Le P’ti Tzi-Mé – a cute and charming secluded chalet where you can enjoy your own space
A secluded property with breathtaking scenery Le P’ti Tzi-Mé offers a perfect home away from home to a small nuclear family.
Located at the base of the Bretaye ski area, this gorgeous wooden chalet boasts wood-panelled walls and ceilings that create a beautiful alpine look.
There’s a fully equipped kitchen, a living area, a private bathroom, and a spacious bedroom with a double bed and two single beds.
Address: Route du Col de la Croix, 1884 Villars-sur-Ollon, Switzerland
- To book, check prices or availability for Le P’ti Tzi-Mé
7. Villars Lodge – a quiet boutique hotel that is only a stone’s throw from the main resort
Offering a peaceful retreat in a gorgeous alpine setting, Villars Lodge is a stone’s throw from the Villars resort.
The secluded hotel provides accommodation in nine polished rooms, each of which is designed with your comfort in mind. In-room amenities include coffee makers, flat-screen TVs, work desks, and complimentary Wi-Fi.
The onsite restaurant has different menus for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. There’s also a bar, a sun terrace, and a shared lounge.
About nine miles from the hotel is the Aigle Castle, a popular Swiss heritage site near Lake Leman.
Address: 36 Route des Hôtels, 1884 Villars-sur-Ollon, Switzerland
- To book, check prices or availability for Villars Lodge
8. Hotel du Lac – a stylish and quaint hotel with mountain views
Discover the best of Villars at this quaint hotel in the heart of the Bretaye ski basin. At
Hotel du Lac guests lodge in stylish rooms with private bathrooms, complimentary Wi-Fi, premium bedding, and mountain views.
Onsite facilities include a polished restaurant, a full bar, a shared lounge, and a terrace with wonderful alpine views.
Located about 12 miles from Aigle Castle, Hotel du Lac provides easy access to some of the main attractions of Villars.
Address: Rue de Bretaye, 1884 Bretaye, Switzerland
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel du Lac
9. Appartements dans la Résidence Panorama – chic and modern boutique apartments for all group sizes
A refined non-hotel property featuring self-catering apartments with plenty of communal amenities, including a children’s playground, a swimming pool, and a sauna.
You can choose from four types of accommodation options, from a studio apartment with bunk beds to a family apartment with mountain views.
Guests at Appartements dans la Résidence Panorama can engage in many activities nearby, including bowling, skiing, and golfing. There are some fantastic restaurants and cafes just steps from the property.
Address: Route du Village, 1884 Villars-sur-Ollon, Switzerland
- To book, check prices or availability for Appartements dans la Résidence Panorama
10. Chalet la Griotte – a historic Swiss-style chalet with quirky-chic decor that is conveniently located
Set in a typical Swiss-style chalet dating from 1764, Chalet la Griotte is less than a mile from the nearest ski lift and Villars-sur-Ollon train station.
Downhome rooms at the modest guesthouse come with shared bathrooms, cable TVs, and fresh linens. Freebies include tea and coffee. Guests also have access to a communal kitchen equipped with all the essentials.
Address: Av. Centrale 31, 1885 Ollon, Switzerland
- To book, check prices or availability for Chalet la Griotte
We also have posts on…
- Cool boutique hotels in Zurich
- Cool boutique hotels in Interlaken
- Cool boutique hotels in St. Moritz
- Cool boutique hotels in Verbier
- Cool boutique hotels in Zermatt
- Cool boutique hotels in St Anton
- Cool boutique hotels in Val Thorens
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Grindelwald
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Arosa
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Andermatt
My first true adventure began as a six month voyage around South East Asia as a fresh faced backpacker and ever since I’ve lived a semi nomadic existence, clocking up visits to over 40 countries. I’m a lover of US Road Trips, deserted beaches bathed in warm glow of a sunset, Cuban mojitos, travel destinations far away from the tourist crowds and all things Scandinavian – from cloudberry liquors to Nordic noirs. When not wandering the world and running Global Grasshopper, you’ll find me walking my rescued Greek street dog in leafy South West London, strolling around the Brighton Lanes on random day trips, hunting for photogenic landscapes or daydreaming about my favourite places; Havana, Copenhagen, Italy, Laos, California and the surreally beautiful landscapes of a wintry Iceland.