An awesome destination for an unforgettable mountain holiday any time of the year, Breckenridge beckons travellers with snow-covered slopes, rip-roaring ski adventures, and majestic scenery that soothes the soul.
One of the best mountain towns in the United States, Breckenridge is famous for its high-end ski resort, historic neighborhoods, endless opportunities for outdoor recreation, and hundreds of fashionable boutiques, fine dining establishments, and world-class spas. Travellers can divide their time between the historic Main Street attractions and mountainside adventures.
Finding the right accommodation is important to enjoy easy access to the most popular attractions and make the most of your holiday with ease. From high-end boutique hotels and attractive holiday rentals to lavishly opulent resorts and homely inns, our roundup will introduce you to the top 10 cool and unusual hotels in Breckenridge, Colorado (in no particular order)…
1. Crystal Peak Lodge by Vail Resorts – a striking and contemporary upscale ski lodge offering ski-to-door accommodation and filled with flawless decor
Ideally situated at the foothills of the snow-capped Peak 7, the Crystal Peak Lodge offers easy access to Breckenridge’s famed skiing and hiking trails as well as the historic downtown district.
Crystal Peak features 45 wonderfully furnished residences, including 1, 2, and 3-bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens, seating areas, and a private balcony overlooking the Rocky Mountains.
The condominium-style residences exude a certain elegance, with their artistically crafted interiors, exquisite wooden finishes, and high-end furniture. The Lodge offers an onsite restaurant, a fully equipped fitness studio, and a hot tub that provides the perfect place to soak any tired muscles after an adventurous day of skiing.
The Crystal Peak Lodge serves as an excellent base for those adventurers eager to embark on the legendary Peak 7 terrain.
- To book, check prices or availability for Crystal Peak Lodge
2. The Ranahan by Vacation Club Rentals – a sprawling luxurious complex of modern aparthotel accommodation
Perched along a beautiful six-acre plot of land by a bend of the picturesque Blue River, the Ranahan by Vacation Club Rentals welcomes travellers to explore the historic splendours of Breckenridge from a lavishly decked-out, opulent accommodation.
The Ranahan offers a selection of modishly decorated 1-bedroom suites and sprawling 2-bedroom villas. The accommodations have a distinct, ranch-style construction incorporating the region’s native stone and timber architecture with rich textures and refined color palettes.
The units feature opulent furnishings and exquisitely crafted furniture to create an oasis of modern comfort and convenience. The onsite amenities are impressive, including a luxuriant outdoor pool, an indoor pool with a water slide, a child-friendly splash pad with play area, and hot tubs.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Ranahan
3. The Lodge at Breckenridge – a conveniently located chic ski resort offering fantastic views of the Rocky Mountains and a sumptuous on-site spa
Nestled at the astounding height of over 10,000 feet, the 3-star Lodge at Breckenridge welcomes nature lovers to experience the spellbinding beauty of the Rocky Mountains from a scenic, cliffside location.
The Lodge at Breckenridge rooms offer stunning mountain views, and the interiors have a traditional Colorado-style charm with rustic-chic décor and exceptional amenities.
The Lodge provides a selection of 45 guest rooms in the main building, and 2 private luxury homes tucked next to the venue. Travellers can choose from standard rooms, family-friendly suites, and rooms with private balconies so as to feast their eyes on the majestic scenery.
The private homes are a great option for larger groups, particularly those wanting an intimate alpine sanctuary with home-like comforts and ample space for their party.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Lodge at Breckenridge
4. Breckenridge Ski Hideaway – cute and quaint ski accommodation within easy reach of downtown
Holidaymakers looking for a centrally located ski holiday rental will find the Breckenridge Ski Hideaway the perfect accommodation to indulge in alpine adventures without losing touch with the action-packed downtown district.
This well-appointed and maintained condominium is situated within walking distance from Main Street, offering easy access to an abundance of trendy dining spots and popular retail outlets.
The interiors have a unique eclectic energy characterised by a vibrant and brightly lit interior featuring an assortment of high-end appliances, polished flooring, and carefully selected furniture which lends to the overall quirky vibe.
The condo features a cosy fireplace, a spacious living room, a stainless-steel kitchen, hot tub, and a beautiful balcony overlooking the bustling downtown attractions.
- To book, check prices or availability for Breckenridge Ski Hideaway
5. Grand Lodge on Peak 7 – impressive luxury ski resort offering a range of accommodation filled with all the amenities you could need and providing a unique, high-end take on classically traditional rustic American decor
The Grand Lodge on Peak 7 is an upscale establishment that radiates timeless sophistication with its classic mountainside construction and exceptional interiors that pay homage to Breckenridge’s alpine heritage.
One can spend hours marvelling at the intricate architectural elements, such as the exquisitely crafted stone fireplaces, alder woodwork, and rustic hammered iron details.
This elegant venue offers a wide selection of sprawling suites and residences, including 1,2,3, and 4-bedroom accommodation options.
Each suite and residence is uniquely designed with luxurious furniture, spa-like bathrooms, and an array of comfortable lounging furniture. The residences offer more space and amenities to accommodate large groups and provide the convenience of a functional kitchenette.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Grand Lodge on Peak 7
6. Mo Mountain Fun! – for stunning views, a hot tub, patio set amongst gorgeous scenery
A charming holiday rental nestled in the heart of the alpine wilderness, Mo Mountain Fun offers easy access to a multitude of attractions, including Main Street, the Breckenridge Ski Resort, and the Stephen C West Ice Arena.
The high ceilings fill up the interiors with sunlight while the large windows offer bewitching views of the snow-packed slopes and the stunning backdrop of the peaks beyond.
This residence offers five sleeping areas, a spacious living room, a contemporary kitchen, and a sprawling deck with grilling equipment.
Designed to combine relaxation and entertainment, this luxury vacation rental features numerous recreational amenities, such as a spa tub, onsite massages, an arcade room, and large flatscreen TV.
- To book, check prices or availability for Mo Mountain Fun!
7. Timbernest Condominium #A1 – bright, warm, and welcoming ski holiday rental with attractive terrace, great mountain views and access to a hot tub
Timbernest Condominium #A1 offers a convenient location and a creatively designed apartment to enjoy the best of Breckenridge without the hassle of having to travel in everyday during your stay.
The apartment features 2 tastefully furnished bedrooms, a spacious living area, and 2 bathrooms with a private balcony offering picturesque views of the surrounding scenery. Ideal for large groups and families, this attractively adorned apartment makes for a delightful home-like setting from which to enjoy independence and privacy.
The venue provides access to two indoor pools, hot tubs, and a luxe outdoor heated pool. Tenants also have exclusive access to an onsite clubhouse, and the property manager can arrange a complimentary shuttle service for guests who don’t want to walk to the nearest attractions.
- To book, check prices or availability for Timbernest Condominium #A1
8. Tyra Summit A3C – a cozy shabby-chic ski holiday rental with a lovely terrace, finished with an admirable attention to detail and thoughtful touches
Tyra Summit holiday rental positions its guests just a stone’s throw away from the famed Four O’Clock Ski Run and the Snowflake ski lift.
This modern residence is designed with classic mountainside interiors and chic rustic accents, featuring a vibrant display of colours and stylish furniture.
The kitchen is spacious, brightly lit, and well-equipped with a range of stainless-steel appliances, cookware, and kitchenware. The four-seater breakfast bar creates a cosy dining nook, while the sprawling dining table is more suitable for entertaining large groups.
The living room features elaborate lounging furniture where you can look forward to unwinding with the help of a smart TV and multiple streaming services, whilst the balcony offers sweeping views of the snow-dusted mountains.
- To book, check prices or availability for this Tyra Summit holiday rental
9. Breck Creekside at Wildwood Suites – rustic self-contained accommodation for skiing, with 1- and 2-bedroom condominiums each decorated with a cool and unusual flair
Breck Creekside at Wildwood Suites welcomes guests to enjoy an unparalleled feeling of rejuvenation in its beautifully decorated rooms or while undergoing indulgent pampering sessions at the sumptuous onsite spa.
This alpine oasis of relaxation offers a unique lineup of accommodation options, each of which features handcrafted furniture, ensuite bathrooms, designated workspaces, and a lovely balcony from which to enjoy the soothing mountain scenery.
Guests can stay committed to their fitness goals using the onsite fitness studio and sports facilities or enjoy a spot of well-earned relaxation in the inviting hot tub.
The BreckConnect Gondola is 25-minutes away, and travellers can stroll over to the Edwin Carter Discovery Center Museum or walk down to the nearby Mother Loaded Tavern to feast on tasty all-American delicacies.
- To book, check prices or availability for Breck Creekside at Wildwood Suites
10. Tannenbaum by the River Condominiums #303 – a quirky chic vacation rental with floor-to-ceiling windows
Travellers seeking serenity and solitude will adore this 2-bedroom apartment nestled in a scenic expanse of untouched, verdant wilderness.
Tannenbaum by the River Condominiums are popular among travellers seeking independence and privacy, and this 2-bedroom unit offers ample space to accommodate large groups without cramping anyone’s comfort.
The condo offers 1 king bed, 2 queen beds, 1 double bed, and 1 queen sofa with luxuriously soft bedding and fine linens. The interiors have traditional Colorado-themed décor, intricately handcrafted furnishings, and a rustic charm that compliments the wild mountainside location.
These condos offer easy access to the Blue River – perfect for an early morning run along the scenic river bend!
- To book, check prices or availability for Tannenbaum by the River Condominiums
We also have posts on…
- Cool boutique hotels in Denver
- Cool boutique hotels in Colorado Springs
- Cool boutique hotels in Moab
- Cool boutique hotels in Salt Lake City
- Cool boutique hotels in Park City
- Cool boutique hotels in Santa Fe
- Cool boutique hotels in Albuquerque
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Boulder
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Telluride
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Steamboat Springs
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Crested Butte
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Vail
Gary is an award winning full time professional photographer and videographer with too much wanderlust for his own good. Fuelled by strong coffee, you’ll often find him wandering well off hiking trails in search of interesting photographic subjects or scenery to video. Self taught and with the use of pioneering digital techniques, he quickly built up a strong client base and has worked with many prestigious organisations, including GQ, BBC, London Fashion Week, Grazia, Sky, Metro, Vogue Italia. He specialising in evocative images of people, places and cinematic videography and his goal is to make the viewer look twice and engage. As well as a penchant for good design, the ketogenic diet and Hungarian Vizslas, he also has a huge affection for Chicago, Bucharest, Scandinavia, Croatia and absolutely everywhere in Italy. Find him on Instagram @garynansome, Twitter @garynansome and his website https://garynunn.co.uk/