Characterized by sprawling jungle-clad mountains, dramatic coastlines, and turquoise waters, Phuket is an island brimming with geographical wonders which form a gleaming backdrop to a Thai vacation. A large cluster of eclectic resorts dot the sandy shores of Phuket, and offer an expansive mix of adventure and relaxation. From palm-fringed boutiques to high-end luxury villas, here are the best cool and unique hotels in Phuket, Thailand…
1. COMO Point Yamu, Phuket- SHA Extra Plus – an upscale, contemporary and Instagrammable resort overlooking the famous Phang Nga Bay limestones
Overlooking the dramatic limestones of Phang Nga Bay, COMO Point is perched beautifully at the tip of Cape Yamu. An expression of modern Thai luxury is evoked through Paola Navone-designed interiors, and the Shambhala wellness retreat which offers a tranquil spa experience.
The accommodations are colourful yet uncluttered, fresh yet indigenous, and are filled with a charming coastal ambiance.
Turquoise and blue accents are offset by cool white and grey Sino patterned tiles, whilst spectacular panoramas beam through the epic floor-to-ceiling windows. Two world-class restaurants also feature in this eclectic resort, providing a mouth-watering concoction of both Thai and Italian delicacies.
- To book, check prices or availability for COMO Point Yamu, Phuket- SHA Extra Plus
2. Anantara Vacation Club Mai Khao Phuket – SHA Extra Plus – one of the best resorts in Phuket providing guests with a lavish, elegant and beautiful stay
Set amidst manicured tropical gardens, the suites and pool villas that line this stunning resort are replete with pampering amenities, and offer the ideal place to kick back to the rhythms of island life.
The pool area showcases movies in the evening, bringing visitors together for a relaxed end to their adventure-filled day. Thai kickboxing and culinary classes complement an exciting entertainment programme, meaning you will never get bored in this Phuket gem.
A truly indulgent tropical escape at the Anantara is designed with couples, families, and friends in mind, and is a gateway to an impressive natural playground of sea caves, mangroves, coral reefs, and dazzling island-hopping excursions.
- To book, check prices or availability for Anantara Vacation Club Mai Khao Phuket – SHA Extra Plus
3. Namaka Resort Kamala – SHA Extra Plus – a modern, vibrant and trendy resort providing guests with panoramic views of the Andaman Sea
Nothing less than extraordinary, the panoramic vistas from Namaka Resort Kamala reflect a stunning location, perched on an elevated hillside where the lush mountain meets the Andaman Sea.
An array of five-star amenities ornate the modern guestrooms, while a quaint island ambiance permeates the three swimming pool areas and the open-air dining spaces.
For those who want to experience an electric nightlife, the colourful streets of Patong and the chic beach clubs in Bangtao can be reached within 10 minutes. However, an eclectic scene also takes shape in this vibrant resort, through live music, games for all ages, and other entertainment.
- To book, check prices or availability for Namaka Resort Kamala – SHA Extra Plus
4. Le Resort and Villas – a bright, hip and chic resort featuring on-site wellness and spa facilities
Blissfully situated on the awe-inspiring southern tip of Phuket, Le Resort offers an idyllic haven for relaxing and reconnecting. The atmosphere is set with clear mountain views surrounding the 54 peaceful units, which all come equipped with a spacious balcony.
Adding to the glamour of charming pool suites is a shimmering infinity pool at the Hillside Kitchen & Bar, which showcases an impressive display of internationally inspired drinks.
Catering to couples, family, and groups of friends, this chic and trendy resort puts you at arm’s reach of Phuket’s most celebrated sunset viewpoint at Promthep Cape, as well as the crystal-clear waters of the sea.
- To book, check prices or availability for Le Resort and Villas
5. Outrigger Surin Beach Resort – SHA Extra Plus – a tranquil, elegant boutique resort located by the white sands of Surin Beach
This tropical seaside haven is brimming with colourful handicrafts and plush silk fabrics, inviting guests to a feeling of tranquillity at the edge of the white sands of Surin Beach.
A stylish mix of contemporary design and traditional Asian décor permeates the property, leading to a sense of pure indulgence in the guestrooms.
The on-site Nalu Bar + Grill is a vivacious gathering place, named after the Hawaiian word for wave. A sensory dining experience is offered through globally inspired dishes produced by grill masters. The resort boasts two swimming pools dotted by sun loungers making for the ultimate spot of relaxation.
- To book, check prices or availability for Outrigger Surin Beach Resort – SHA Extra Plus
6. Stay Wellbeing & Lifestyle Resort – a lavish, trendy and chic resort hosting the largest and best gym in Phuket
Here we have Phuket’s premier fitness inclusive resort. Famed as one of Asia’s most trendy gyms, STAY FIT features three floors of state-of-the-art equipment, and offers daily group classes.
You can reawaken your senses at LeSpa, with the gentle touch of highly trained therapists and the use of Panpuri treatments.
Decorated with a modern outlook, the 162 private suites and villas are designed to offer the utmost comfort and experiences for peace seekers, and are decked out with top-of-the-range amenities.
Located on the Southern part of Phuket, Stay Wellbeing & Lifestyle Resort offers convenient access points to the hidden gems of Rawai and Nai Ham beaches.
- To book, check prices or availability for Stay Wellbeing & Lifestyle Resort
7. Island Escape by Burasari – SHA Extra Plus – a new, upscale and chic resort surrounded by breathtaking gardens, waterfalls and lagoons
Welcoming guests to an idyllic paradise, the traditional charm of Phuket is coalesced effortlessly with a modern lifestyle outlook at Burasari. Here, life is celebrated, passion is pursued, and happiness is fully realized through an extensive array of adventure excursions and the highest standards of comfort.
In the guestrooms, minimalist décor and soothing earth tones beautifully contrast the luxuriant tropical surrounds, which set the ultimate backdrop through large windows and spacious balconies.
The award-winning Spa Burasari offers a sanctuary for all the senses, utilizing aromatic practices handcrafted exclusively by certified spa specialists. In terms of dining, a meticulously curated line-up of tantalizing Thai and international cuisine is cooked up by the talented culinary team.
- To book, check prices or availability for Island Escape by Burasari – SHA Extra Plus
8. Crest Resort & Pool Villas – SHA Extra Plus – a hip, stylish and unique-design resort ideal for those in desire of a relaxing and rejuvenating vacation
Catering to the discerning traveller seeking revival and relaxation, this eco-designed resort is the perfect spot to be pampered in timeless elegance.
Owing to a supreme location on a gentle hillside, Crest Resort is surrounded by lush tropical rainforest and breathtaking views of the Andaman Sea from all angles.
The accommodation options vary from spacious sea-view rooms to tastefully furnished pool villas, all nestled among unspoilt mountains and vast slopes of greeneries.
The resort’s main restaurant ‘ATMOS’ offers an originally created menu of healthy recipes, and is the ultimate place to satisfy any gourmet lover with an East meets West flavour.
- To book, check prices or availability for Crest Resort & Pool Villas – SHA Extra Plus
9. AKRA Collection Layan – a stylish, upscale boutique accommodation featuring a private pool on every villa
Crafted for nature lovers, the boutique villas at AKRA are set amidst the tropical forest on the hill of Layan Bay. Each unit, regardless of category in design, boasts its very own salt-water private pool, while the 2-storey villas offer a separate living area with a plush sofa bed.
A stay here is a deep dive into adventure, with various offerings provided including long-tail fast boat rides to surrounding islands, epic snorkelling trips, and fabulous yacht excursions.
A delightful concoction of international flavours and local favourites is served at the Vanali Clubhouse, the resort’s extravagant treehouse where guests can dine with the sounds of cicadas.
- To book, check prices or availability for AKRA Collection Layan
10. Anantara Layan Phuket Resort – one of the finest resorts in Phuket where guests can enjoy a fun, trendy and elegant stay
This island gem invites guests to surrender to the tranquillity of an intimate beachfront paradise, amidst some of the island’s finest luxury appointings.
From serene villas to sprawling beachfront compounds, you can choose your tropical haven to suit your style. During the day, you can master the unique martial art of Muay Thai through a special range of programmes designed for all ages and abilities, before fine dining with the sand between your toes.
A scene for romance is set in the evening, with candlelit tables under a white gazebo inviting you to revel in the fresh ocean breeze.
- To book, check prices or availability for Anantara Layan Phuket Resort
11. Hotel Tide Phuket Beachfront – SHA Plus – a cool, design and lifestyle hotel where guests can enjoy a beachfront location
Bringing your heart back into harmony with nature through the soothing rhythm of the tides and the cool sea breeze, this designer lifestyle hotel is rooted in an atmosphere of calm and peacefulness.
The guestrooms boast plush denim accents, and complement a blissful night’s sleep with soft hues and gorgeous linens. Hotel Tide is located on the idyllic Siray Bay, in a character-filled corner of the city devoid of the hustle and bustle.
The magnificent sundeck offers a blissful space to watch the horizon sun rise and the sparkles of the moonlight on the calming ocean waters. This area is topped with an Olympic-sized swimming pool peering out over the sea.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Tide Phuket Beach front – SHA Plus
12. Chanalai Romantica Resort – Adults Only, Kata Beach – SHA Plus – one of the best resorts to stay for exploring providing a charming, romantic and lavish experience
A stay at this couple’s retreat will be filled with stirring memories of sun, sand, and tranquillity, with sophistication exuded at every turn.
Inviting you to embrace those worry-free balmy days together, Chanalai Romantica boasts the spaces and the furnishings to turn your vacation into the experience of a lifetime.
Radiating an air of romance, this Phuket paradise offers a large, themed swimming pool dotted by a lounge area steeped in luxury and elegance. A hearty breakfast is served each morning at Stardust Restaurant, which stays open to serve international dishes throughout the day.
A swim-up bar offers a charming alternative, through light snacks and crafted drinks that can be enjoyed in a luscious turquoise pool.
- To book, check prices or availability for Chanalai Romantica Resort – Adults Only, Kata Beach – SHA Plus
13. The Naka Phuket, a Member of Design Hotels – SHA Extra Plus – a unique, stylish and modern resort within walking distance of the beach and entertainment
Certain to exceed your expectations, The Naka raises the bar of Phuket’s tourist industry through an optimum location on the island’s most scenic stretch of shoreline.
Boasting an unspoiled setting where the beach meets hillside, The Naka is a unique spot where both the sunrise and the sunset can be relished in full splendour.
The tastefully decorated design villas feature private balconies, chic furnishings, and state-of-the-art amenities. Guests are invited to soak up the island charm by the stunning pool area, or indulge in a pampering wellness session at the spa.
An international twist on traditional Thai dishes is provided at The Wiwa, the resort’s all-day dining restaurant.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Naka Phuket, a Member of Design Hotels – SHA Extra Plus
14. Hotel IKON Phuket – SHA Extra Plus – a sleek, specious and romantic hotel where guests can enjoy a mountain or ocean view
Hotel IKON is the perfect place to let your hair down and retreat to a slower pace of life. Designed with a new generation of travellers in mind, new food and lifestyle trends are blended with elements of high-end comfort.
Crafted with custom-made furnishings and creative touches, a warm, relaxing style is exuded in the modern guestrooms, which boast exceptionally comfy beds, and marble-clad bathrooms, and are detailed with sprinkles of classy herbal products.
A stay here puts you a stone’s throw away from Karon Beach, as well as a vibrant quarter of Phuket teeming with renowned restaurants and natural attractions.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel IKON Phuket – SHA Extra Plus
15. Hotel Indigo Phuket Patong, an IHG Hotel – SHA Extra Plus – a vibrant, contemporary boutique hotel perfect for partying Millennials and Gen Zs
Located in a vibrant neighbourhood amidst lush greenery and pristine sandy beaches, this graceful boutique hotel presents a design-led concept infused with local stories of the Phuket fishing village.
The surrounding forest and the colourful nightlife seamlessly blend into one vivid display of luxuriant flair. The hotel’s rejuvenating facilities include a rooftop swimming pool, a Muay Thai ring, and a trendsetting fitness centre, complementing an eclectic ambiance steeped in a refined blend of modern and traditional.
The 180 design-forward guestrooms are equipped with a spa-inspired bathroom, and an ergonomic workstation. For your evening meal, simply head down to the Butcher’s Garden, which features an interactive kitchen serving a crafted fusion of locally inspired and international dishes.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Indigo Phuket Patong, an IHG Hotel – SHA Extra Plus
16. Patong Heights – a quirky-chic, upscale boutique hotel in close proximity to local attractions
Surrounding this glamorous resort are sweeping panoramas, which can be relished in the guestrooms from floor-to-ceiling glass doors which open onto a stunning terrace.
Perched above the epic landscape from a quaint hillside, guests at the hotel can revel in chic sophistication as they sit out and embrace the tranquillity of a five-star boutique resort.
The lush pool area, which can be accessed imminently from the ground floor pool-site suites, epitomises barefoot luxury and is draped in a blended atmosphere of beach and jungle.
The stunning white sands of Tri Trang Beach and Freedom Beach are both located within 2 km of the hotel.
- To book, check prices or availability for Patong Heights
17. Glam Habitat – SHA Extra Plus – an elegant, rustic-chic and trendy hotel that blends the best of luxury and nature
For travellers looking for a real home away from home, here we have an industry-leading resort in a class of its own. Situated a short peaceful walk from the pure white sand beaches of Kamala, Glam Habitat offers a refined coalescence of nature and opulent luxury.
A real taste of paradise awaits, defined by majestic horizon views from the elegance of a rooftop garden. 27 lavish pools inlaid with high-quality marble and wood ornate the accommodation units, offering a spot of total seclusion.
This charming boutique further boasts an eclectic bar which serves tasty cocktails, as well as restaurants full of exquisite dishes.
- To book, check prices or availability for Glam Habitat – SHA Extra Plus
18. The Yama Hotel Phuket – SHA Extra Plus – a charming, quiet and spacious hotel perfect for a couple’s romantic getaway
Whether in pursuit of a romantic escape or a family-friendly haven, The Yama Hotel invites you to leave your worries behind and let the gorgeous Andaman sea soothe your soul.
From lounging out by the awesome outdoor pool, to sipping crafted cocktails at the rooftop bar as you savour authentic farm-fresh cuisine, this design hotel has the recipe for the perfect island vacation.
The 104 guestrooms boast spacious interiors, and a sense of splendour emanates from the contemporary décor and the fully furnished balcony. State-of-the-art amenities are added to enhance the blissful experience on offer at this cool Phuket resort.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Yama Hotel Phuket – SHA Extra Plus
19. Mazi Design Hotel by Kalima – SHA Plus – a creative, unique and modern hotel in a location perfect for Millennials and Gen Zs
Translating to ‘Come In’ in Thai, ‘Together’ in Greek, and ‘Memory’ in Turkish’, the hotel’s name ‘Mazi’ is steeped in eclecticism, an essence reverberating through the works of tasteful modern art that adorns the hotel’s walls.
Striking, contemporary exteriors and cool classy interiors embellish this chic hotel, which can be found just a short walk from the world-acclaimed Patong Beach and Phuket’s vibrant night scene.
The hotel boasts 3 main room types, which are each designed with the highest level of comfort in mind. After a day of island adventures, you can return to a cooling plunge in Mazi’s stunning swimming pool as you savour a fresh fruit smoothie, before tucking into an authentic blend of Chinese, Thai, and International cuisine in the restaurant.
- To book, check prices or availability for Mazi Design Hotel by Kalima – SHA Plus
20. O’nya Phuket Hotel – SHA Extra Plus – a Shino-Portuguese style, new boutique accommodation with unique interior décor
Owing to a prime location in a bustling area, a step out of the O’nya lands you directly in the midst of countless shopping malls and restaurants.
The bountiful array of activities on offer in Phuket including the aquarium and the theme park can also be reached with a short walk.
The hotel draws inspiration from historic Sino-Portuguese styles, and combines these traditional elements with the comfort of modern facilities.
An air of functionality suffuses the 24 boutique guest rooms, which boast LED televisions, a rain shower, and amenities designed for a pampering experience. Complementary all-day local snacks are provided in the lobby, which welcomes guests to a boutique experience steeped in historical glamour.
- To book, check prices or availability for O’nya Phuket Hotel – SHA Extra Plus
Was this helpful?
Good job! Please give your positive feedback ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us.✍
Gaby Maia – writer and photographer
Born and raised in Brazil, Gaby has always had a taste for the intriguing, the off-beat and the far flung. After traveling around most of South America, living in Spain and Italy and then moving to England, her feet have stayed continually twitchy. Studying for a degree in Spanish translation and then learning five more languages only poured more fuel onto her traveling ardor. Gaby likes nothing better than discovering new destinations in her spare time and meeting the locals, tasting the cuisine and then writing about her favourite places. Her other indulgences include French cinema, boxing, photography, colourful manicures and soaking up the rays on a sun-infused beach. The places she loves the most include Rio de Janeiro, Rome, Turkey, Barcelona, Lisbon and Cornwall. Find Gaby on Linkedin or Twitter.