One of the most famous cities in the world is also one of the most romantic. Stroll hand-in-hand along beautiful South Bank, go for a picnic in Richmond Park, wander around an art gallery then end the day with a candlelit dinner with incredible views at one of the city’s upscale restaurants, for the perfect romantic city break.
Make sure you also find somewhere equally special to stay. From quintessentially English old-fashioned romance to chic and modern places to stay, here are the most romantic hotels in London…
1. Sunborn – the upscale yacht offers a unique base for a romantic couple’s city break
Sunborn hotels reimagine the hotel experience by giving you a unique view of London. View the city from the deck of a superyacht hotel in a beautiful and unforgettable romantic experience. Sunborn is dedicated to providing its visitors with a first-class luxury experience.
Look out at the twinkling city lights as you enjoy fine dining with your loved one, enjoy onboard entertainment, and fall in love with London’s very own floating hotel. For an extra romantic touch, Sunborn offers an exclusive romance package for that extra special couple’s break.
- To book, check prices or availability for Sunborn Hotel London
2. The Rookery – a small, creative and very romantic hotel in Clerkenwell
The term ‘rookery’ is a colloquial term for a slum but located in Clerkenwell, London; this idyllic neighbourhood is anything but a slum. The area was previously a thriving historical market with a lack of law enforcement, which attracted London’s thieves and cutpurses.
However, today the old architecture remains, making the rookery hotel look as though it was taken straight out of a period drama.
With Victorian-style décor, this gorgeous and elegant hotel offers a romantic atmosphere, a unique history, and all within close proximity to local sights such as St Pauls Cathedral.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Rookery London
3. Shangri-La Hotel – for the ultimate modern romantic break
If you want the best cityscape views in all of London, then this is the right choice for you. Starting on the 34th floor of The Shard, this hotel occupies 18 floors and towers above the city of London.
Provided you aren’t afraid of heights since the Shard is the tallest building in all of western Europe, you can enjoy a truly elevated experience.
Also featuring the highest hotel pool in west Europe, the Shangri-La Hotel offers a full view of London and more. The Shangri-La hotel is a stylish fixture in the UK’s tallest building, and offers the ultimate modern romantic city break.
- To book, check prices or availability for Shangri-La Hotel London
4. Ham Yard Hotel – a chic hotel perfect for an upscale couple’s city break
Tucked away in the midst of Soho, you can find the Ham Yard hotel. The Ham Yard hosts an urban village feel as in the thick of the city you can find a modern British haven.
With 91 bedrooms and suites in total, all individually designed by award-winning interior designer Kit Kempt in an elegant modern British style.
They have a bowling alley, a theatre, gym, and spa to keep you entertained in this peaceful retreat amongst the bustling streets of London.
Casual and relaxed, this upscale romantic London hotel makes the perfect getaway for couples looking for a chilled-out experience with all the top-notch service of a high-class hotel.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Ham Yard London
5. The Zetter – a small, beautiful Townhouse perfect for a cozy romantic break
The Zetter is an award-winning hotel known for its creative touch and location within Clerkenwell, a London neighbourhood known for its artists, architects, and creatives of all walks. A modern hotel on an old street, The Zetter is a pioneer in the hotel industry with some unique design features.
It offers a whole host of beautifully decorated and often very romantic rooms, a rotating program of on-residence artists, and a great connection to the whole of London.
If you want to see all of London, then you will be happy to learn that the Zetter is close to the underground, national rail, Thameslink, and cross rail stops and is one of the best-connected hotels in all of London.
Besides that, Clerkenwell isn’t too far from the sights and sounds of well sought-after tourist attractions.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Zetter London
6. Blakes – a truly beautiful intimate design hotel perfect for impressing a loved one
Blakes is an upmarket hotel with a flair for the theatrical. Located in the Royal Borough of Kensington, Blakes Hotel is renowned as the world’s first boutique hotel.
Known for their unconventional and eccentric design, Blakes hotel’s exquisite interior design definitely has the wow-factor!
A five-star hotel fully equipped with luxury amenities and complete with a stylish underground bar, Blakes is a beautifully atmospheric hotel with a high-quality service.
A place of beauty, art, and drama, this is undoubtedly one of the most romantic locations in London to stay with your special someone.
- To book, check prices or availability for Blakes Hotel London
7. Corinthia Hotel – for upscale romantic elegance in central London
Located in central London in a former British government building, you can’t get much closer to London’s heart when in the Corinthia Hotel.
Only moments away from Trafalgar Square and Whitehall, the Corinthia Hotel is a luxurious five-star hotel located in one of London’s most sought-after areas.
Close to classic tourist attractions and complete with a high quality of service, the Corinthia is an excellent choice if you want the whole luxury experience in your romantic getaway.
- To book, check prices or availability for Corinthia Hotel London
8. Montcalm Marble Arch – perfect for a chic romantic spa hotel break
Montcalm Marble Arch Hotel has an eye for the chic and contemporary. Sitting grandly atop park lane, the Montcalm Marble Arch hotel welcomes you and your beau a comfortable and memorable stay.
As well as an on-site spa they offer a superb choice of rooms for anyone with an eye for luxury design and the finer things in life. Perfect for a romantic staycation.
- To book, check prices or availability for Montcalm Marble Arch
9. Bloomsbury Hotel – a stylish and romantic hotel which occupies a restored Georgian building
The Bloomsbury Hotel offers relaxation in comfort and style during your visit to London.
This is an excellent choice for a museum-going couple as both the British Museum and the national gallery sit right on their doorstep.
The Bloomsbury Hotel is an ideal starting point for your London adventure since it is only a nine-minute walk away from Soho.
Luxury rooms and in close proximity to some of London’s most fantastic attractions, this romantic London hotel is the total package.
- To book, check prices or availability for Bloomsbury Hotel
10. Bingham Riverhouse – perfect for a romantic getaway overlooking the River Thames
An idyllic riverside retreat in Richmond, the Bingham Riverhouse wins for its peaceful and romantic atmosphere by the River Thames. If you need to wind down and relax, Bingham is a great choice.
Rooms are carefully decorated with handmade beds, and eco-friendly mattresses, and some even feature hand-carved copper bathtubs.
Quaint and peaceful, the Bingham Riverhouse is the choice for a couple looking to hide away from a stressful world but still in reach of the central city amenities.
- To book, check prices or availability for Bingham Riverhouse
11. Twenty Nevern Square – a small hotel perfect for an intimate couples break
This romantic townhouse hotel gives a homely feel contrasted with an eclectic mixture of furniture styles and décor.
Soak in the high life, in Kensington, London, in these high-end residential-style rooms. Set beside Nevern Square Garden and only a short walk to local attractions such as Harrods, Harvey Nichols, the Victoria and Albert Museum, and Science Museum.
A relaxing getaway in the gorgeous neighbourhood of Kensington offering an intimate and romantic experience.
- To book, check prices or availability for Twenty Nevern Square
12. The Ritz – the famous luxury hotel for an extra special and classically romantic break
We can’t not mention The Ritz on this list which is one of the most famous and classy hotels in London.
The pinnacle of high society and a quintessentially English hotel, The Ritz Hotel is a luxurious upper-class establishment that’s on many a traveller’s bucket list. With a Micheline-starred restaurant, world-renowned afternoon tea, and luxury suites, it is hard to imagine ever wanting to leave.
This legendary hotel fit for a queen is an excellent choice for a romantic getaway as your partner will never forget that one time you went the extra mile!
Walk in the footsteps of the rich, famous and influential and step into The Ritz, a hotel that will undoubtedly leave an impact on your love life…
- To book, check prices or availability for The Ritz Hotel London
13. The Gore Hotel – an elegant, romantic and intimate place to stay in Kensington
Established in 1892, this quintessentially English Gore Hotel in London will welcome you in for an elegant and intimate experience.
A quick walk away from the tranquillity of the Kensington Gardens; this luxury location will promise to provide you with the full English Welcome of afternoon tea, high dining, and an unforgettable experience.
This romantic London hotel also comes with all the perks of staying in the neighbourhood of Kensington and much, much more.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Gore Hotel London
14. Artist Residence – a gorgeously creative and intimate hotel perfect for a unique romantic break
If luxury and high society isn’t your cup of tea, then you might want to consider visiting the Artists Residence. Sporting a unique shabby chic style, this small and intimate hotel earns the title of the Artists Residence.
Located between the charms of Chelsea, the London Tate, and Westminster’s grandeur from this one unique location, you can view the city from any angle you please.
Complete with ‘the clubhouse’ an all-day hangout with neon, pop art and an easy-going menu designed to make you feel right at home. If Artists Residence provides the service of a five-star hotel with all the comforts of home for a unique romantic stay in London.
- To book, check prices or availability for Artist Residence London
15. No.11 Cadogan Gardens – a lavish hotel filled with classically romantic decor
Located just a stone’s throw away from the site of the annual Chelsea flower show held by the royal horticulture society.
No.11 Cadogan Gardens is an upscale hotel complete with al fresco dining and lavish classically romantic decor.
Not far from South Kensington’s attractions, such as the natural history museum and the Royal Albert hall and just south of Hyde Park No.11, Cadogan Gardens also offers a wonderful location for your couple’s London retreat.
- To book, check prices or availability for No.11 Cadogan Gardens
16. The Ned – a grand designer hotel which is a great choice for impressing your loved one
The Ned is a stylish five-star luxury hotel with 1920’s style glamour. Previously the disused and run-down Midland Bank building, this piece of history and architecture has been transformed by its current owner, who has turned it into a luxury playhouse for its many visitors.
With a spa, beautiful rooms, and ten on-site restaurants, The Ned offers an elegant and stylish stay perfect for impressing your special someone.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Ned Hotel London
17. Sea Containers – a sleek, sexy and sophisticated design hotel
The Sea Containers Hotel located on the south bank of the River Thames takes its inspiration from 1920’s cruise liners offering an eclectic energy and top-notch service.
This much-loved hotel is where glamour meets brutalism to intertwine into a unique, chic, and sexy London visit.
Award-winning food, a cinema, spa, and a view of the city from across the Thames makes this nautically-themed hotel a great choice for an upscale romantic and fashionable city break.
- To book, check prices or availability for Sea Containers London
18. The Adria Hotel – combines charm and elegance for a quintessentially English romantic stay
In pride of place in one of London’s most prestigious neighbourhoods, the Adria Hotel is a traditional Victorian townhouse that has been transformed for the modern traveller.
With a focus on history, each room is named after a British Icon, one for each letter of the Alphabet.
If you haven’t already guessed, A is for Adria. Located in South Kensington and a quick stroll away from the natural history museum, the Adria Hotel is ideally situated to help keen couples take in the history and culture. Offer a wonderful classically romantic London stay.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Adria London
19. Egerton House – an upscale romantic London hotel housed in 19th-century townhouses
Egerton House is a stunning London townhouse just a skip and jump away from Harrods and overlooking private gardens.
Situated in the heart of Knightsbridge and nestled away on a quiet street, Egerton House is a peaceful, romantic, and whimsical retreat full of character and personality.
Experience their mad hatter’s tea whilst sitting by the fire, sip on martinis in style, or go out exploring into the bustling streets of London with your loved one.
- To book, check prices or availability for Egerton House London
20. Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites – London’s finest all-suite 5 star hotel perfect for a chic and romantic stay
Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites is a statement to the influences of India on English cultures and lifestyle. It is a five-star hotel situated just next to Buckingham Palace and just a stroll away from many of London’s most sought-after attractions. T
he romantic London hotel makes up three townhouses overlooking a courtyard, with each building offering suites of individual character and strong personality.
They have three restaurants on-site, including the Michelin-starred Quilon. Europe’s very first Jiva spa, where traditional Indian spa techniques are blended with Mediterranean influences for a unique spa experience is also located here. Enjoy!
- To book, check prices or availability for Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites
We also have posts on…
- The most romantic hotels in Paris
- The most romantic hotels in Santorini
- The most romantic hotels in Venice
- Romantic Hotels in Chicago
- The most romantic hotels in New York
Ever since he was knee-high to a grasshopper Michael has always been a sucker for an adventure. Growing up he was lucky enough to live in a handful of exotic far flung locations including Hong Kong, Pakistan, Kenya and Tanzania and since then he’s continued his taste for seeking out new cultures. So much in fact he now travels the world as a trading digital nomad, exploring everything from the sizzling street markets in Bangkok to random back alleys in Sri Lanka and everything in between! He also has a special fondness for Cohibas, street food, playing carrom, and fine wine and knows his clarets from his chiantis. He counts Cuba, Amsterdam, Indonesia, Cambodia and Italy as his favourite destinations.
1 thought on “Top 20 Most Romantic Hotels in London 2022”
Your collection for romantic hotels is awesome, it’s everyone’s dream to spend the best quality time with his or her partner in a fairytale-like environment like these!