With world-famous sunsets, fine weather perfect for alfresco dinners, a vibrant cultural scene, and plenty of Hollywood glamour, Los Angeles makes a perfect backdrop for a romantic vacation or weekend away. Take a stroll along Santa Monica pier, people watch together on Rodeo Drive, go for a hilltop picnic by Griffith Observatory, drink cocktails at a rooftop bar, and then finish the evening at the amazing Electric Dusk Drive-In which offers an old-school theatre experience – a perfect romantic city break! Now you just need a very special place to stay, so here are the most romantic hotels in Los Angeles…
1. Petit Ermitage – for an extra special romantic break in LA
Located in West Hollywood, Petit Ermitage offers an extensive range of impressive suites that are decorated in vintage style and they also pamper their guests with high-end amenities like complimentary breakfast and unlimited Wi-Fi, a huge swimming pool, and a spa with a sauna, so perfect for a couple in love!
To add an extra slice of romance, the hotel offers an amalgam of services from private rooftop dining to heated saltwater pools, and beautifully designed suites, with rustic interiors and fine color palettes.
- To book, check prices or availability for Petit Ermitage Los Angeles
2. Viceroy L’Ermitage Beverly Hills – a chic, stylish, and romantic upscale hotel
Situated in Beverley Hills, Viceroy L’Hermitage exudes glitz and glamour. Since its iconic opening in 1975, this property has had all the Hollywood feels! For anyone looking for an alluring getaway, Viceroy L’Hermitage offers the perfect getaway for two. This luxury hotel is tucked away in a tranquil residential neighborhood, offering privacy for couples and quiet seclusion from the LA’s bustle.
Besides elegant interiors and serene surroundings, the hotel is known for its staff at your service. The romantic LA hotel offers state-of-the-art amenities, soft linens, and deluxe bath products.
Forbes awarded Viceroy L’Hermitage a Five-Star designation in2000, and Travel + Leisure stated the hotel as one of the Top Hotels in Los Angeles.
- To book, check prices or availability for Viceroy L’Ermitage Beverly Hills
3. Beverly Wilshire – the ultra-romantic LA hotel made even more famous by the Pretty Woman film
Open since 1928, Beverly Wilshire is a classic heritage hotel that is the preferred address for royalty, celebrities, and international personalities and of course has been made even more iconic by the legendary movie Pretty Woman. A hotel by Four Seasons, Beverly Wilshire is known for its high-end amenities and world-class services such as Mediterranean-style pools, premium spas, and a luxury concierge service.
Located at the heart of Beverly Hills, Beverly Wilshire offers fine dining options, designer boutiques, and picturesque views. Its lavishly large rooms, with elegant white décor, have magnificent balconies that open to a breathtaking view of the Beverley Hills. Beverly Wilshire is the ultimate romantic accommodation!
- To book, check prices or availability for Beverly Wilshire Los Angeles
4. Andaz – one of the sexiest places to stay in Los Angeles
Want somewhere sleek, chic, and sexy to take your loved one? Look no further than the gorgeous Andaz hotel an upscale hotel located just 5 minutes walk from the Sunset Strip.
Stylish and smart and towering above the city, the Andaz West Hollywood – a concept by Hyatt exceptionally rated hotel is ideally located to explore this fabulous city. Take your loved one to the rooftop pool, the excellent onsite dining, or for a delicious signature cocktail in their fabulous bar.
- To book, check prices or availability for Andaz West Hollywood – a concept by Hyatt
5. Casa Del Mar – a 1926 Renaissance Revival hotel perfect for a stylish couple’s break
Drawing inspiration from relaxed villas in the Mediterranean and beach houses on Santa Monica, Hotel Casa Del Mar is a paradise for couples craving a best romantic getaway.
Casa Del Mar is a lovely oceanfront hotel, located in the heart of Silicon Beach. The chic hotel offers its guests with the most spectacular views and best amenities along the West Coast. Every guest room and suite display local artwork that portrays landscape views of the coastline from Palos Verdes to Malibu.
The hotel also hosts 3dual-floored penthouses at the top; each of which offers the ultimate romantic seaside hideaway from the hustle-bustle of the city. During your stay at Casa Del Mar, be sure to indulge in a romantic seaside dinner for two or private dining in your exclusive room.
- To book, check prices or availability for Casa Del Mar Los Angeles
6. Hotel 850 SVB West Hollywood at Beverly Hills – a sophisticated hotel offering romance and gorgeous views
An initiative by JK Hotel Group, 850 SVB is an innovative hotel concept, that effortlessly combines the ease and comfort of a home residence with the fine service and ace amenities of a luxury hotel.
These include a gorgeous lobby lounge, complimentary continental breakfast, roof deck with stunning views, an outdoor fireplace, and first-class hospitality. 850 SVB offers the best of both worlds! Hotel 850 SVB stands in a residential West Hollywood setting, close to the Pacific Design Center and the popular shopping district. Planning a romantic break coupled with some shopping indulgence? Look no further Hotel 850 SVB!
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel 850 SVB West Hollywood at Beverly Hills
7. Channel Road Inn – a cozy and intimate upscale bed-and-breakfast housed in a restored Colonial Revival home
Channel Road Inn is an ideal romantic spot, situated on the Santa Monica coast. The inn has a historic ambiance, rustic interiors and picturesque views. The rooms are finely designed in an elegant white theme with bright décor pieces and a charming fireplace, perfect for a cozy romantic break.
The hotel offers a plethora of top-notch facilities like private breakfast for two, afternoon high-tea, wine and cheese, and other experiences to pamper its guests. free internet
- To book, check prices or availability for Channel Road Inn Los Angeles
8. Shutters on The Beach – makes a gorgeous oceanside couple’s retreat
As the name suggests, Shutters on The Beach is a paradise for every beach lover and an idyllic option for your next beachside break for two. Located on one of Southern California’s most iconic beaches, Shutters on the Beach resort is a natural haven, offering cool ocean breezes, white sand beaches, and soft sunshine overlooking the alluring blue waves.
Every guest room is meticulously designed and includes quintessential necessities. The luxury and romantic cottages have double doors that open to balconies with breathtaking views and a sun-kissed pool terrace that matches the beautiful blue and green color palette outside. The Pacific Ocean, just outside your hotel room, is romantic and soothing, relieving your stress and making you feel rejuvenated from the moment you step into this luxurious resort.
- To book, check prices or availability for Shutters on The Beach
9. Hotel Culver – a stylish, eclectic, and romantic place to stay in Los Angeles
Situated in Downtown Culver City, Hotel Culver marries classic with contemporary, offering the guests and couples an opportunity to reimagine history. Based in one of the most vibrant neighborhoods of Los Angeles, the special accommodation presents its guests with a package of specially curated experiences that include exploring the local culture, nightlife, food scene, and historic sites.
Known for its luxury services, the romantic LA hotel offers high-speed Wi-Fi, complimentary breakfast, plush mattresses, pillows and comforters, luxe bathrobes and bath products, laundry services, etc.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Culver Los Angeles
10. The Charlie West Hollywood – a cluster of romantic English-style cottages and gardens once occupied by Charlie Chaplin
Charlie West Hollywood is a true treat for all the Charlie Chaplin fans, as the veteran comedian previously owned this hotel. The chic and modern apartment hotel is made up of a cluster of vintage and very private romantic English-style cottages and gardens once occupied by Charlie Chaplin.
The hotel’s rustic iron gates and British-style gardens immediately transport you back to England in the 1920s. The elaborate wooden interiors with intricate detailing add elements of splendor and luxury. There are no guesses why this beauty makes it to the list of the top romantic hotels in Los Angeles.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Charlie West Hollywood
11. Mondrian – a beautiful upscale hotel perfect for a glamourous and romantic break
A dim-lit poolside romantic dinner setting overlooking the skylines of LA, Mondrian is located in West Hollywood, California. The iconic documentary Britney: For the Record which showcases the life of Britney Spears was filmed here.
As the guests enter through its 30 feet tall Mahogany doors, they enter into Mondrian world which fuses comfort and beauty. The majestic rooms with a perfect setting for romantic getaways, the elegant interiors, and the friendly welcoming service at the Mondrian make it a luxurious pick for every love-filled vacay.
- To book, check prices or availability for Mondrian Los Angeles
12. Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills – for a classically romantic LA break
Designed by the eminent French designer – Pierre- Yves Rochon, the Waldorf Astoria emanates class and elegant luxury. This 12-floor hotel is one of the tallest buildings in Beverly Hills and is provides unparalleled cityscape views from each of its rooms. The classic art deco interiors show visitors glimpses of vivid French art.
The lobby is ornated with elaborate details and opulent crystal and the bathroom floors are decorated with magnificent golden geometric. Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills is the current award season’s favorite spot, with close proximity to the Golden Globes and the best shopping spots, so perfect for a romantic city vacation.
- To book, check prices or availability for Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills
13. Palihouse Santa Monica – an elegant Mediterranean Revival-style hotel perfect for an elegant and unique romantic break
Overlooking the majestic sea, the beautiful and chic Palihouse Santa Monica enjoys an idyllic position very near the sea. Offering an elegant Mediterranean Revival style along with a great service. Palihouse Santa Monica is the perfect pick for a romantic break for two.
The hotel is housed in an exceptional intimate property that dates from 1927 so offers something very extra special. Relax on the beach, go swimming, and don’t forget to walk to the beach (hand-in-hand of course!) to watch the very romantic Santa Monica sunset!
- To book, check prices or availability for Palihouse Santa Monica
14. Millennium Biltmore Los Angeles – a beautiful 1923 beaux arts-inspired hotel perfect for an extra special romantic stay
Millennium Biltmore is commonly referred to as the host of the coast since its opening in 1923. This timeless and classically romantic hotel, located in downtown Hollywood, is known for its elegant glamor and has become a second home to Hollywood celebrities, eminent personalities, dignitaries, and even some presidents.
The hotel lobby’s larger-than-life chandeliers give arriving guests a warm welcome. The rooms are spacious, stylishly decorated, and include soft linens, plush bathrobes, and expensive bath products. The hotel offers impressive facilities and superb hospitality for your every need. Millennium Biltmore presents an elegant ambiance amidst the chaos of the city and thus a perfect gateway for every couple.
- To book, check prices or availability for Millennium Biltmore Los Angeles
15. London West Hollywood at Beverly – a glamorous and romantic all-suite hotel
Standing at the crossroads of Beverley Hills and central LA, London West Hollywood is a calm oasis that offers incredible amenities to its guests. The hotel consists of a fitness center, beauty salon, spa, pool, private beach with sun loungers, free internet access, and more.
Considered as one of the best luxury hotels in West Hollywood, London West Hollywood offers impeccable service, world-class gourmet delicacies, and fancy cocktails. The rooms are spacious and modern, with attention to detail. Hills.
- To book, check prices or availability for London West Hollywood at Beverley
16. Maison 140 Beverly Hills – for a 1930s-inspired chic couple’s vacation
Maison 140, a Kelly Wearstler-designed hotel, is a fusion of modern, vintage, and aesthetic. The elegantly tree-lined driveways make you feel like you’re coming back home, but as you push through signature red doors you realize you’ve entered a luxury, romantic resort.
The hotel is home to a romantic bar, Bar Nair, which is decorated with red fresh slipper chairs, fancy stools, and vintage Asian antiques. The stellar rooms are designed with an inviting color palette, and the plush bamboo terries and luxe linens add an aesthetic touch to each room. This beautiful property is situated in the heart of the Beverley Hills, and only a few minutes from the famous, Rodeo Drive.
- To book, check prices or availability for Maison 140 Beverly Hills
17. Shade Hotel Redondo Beach – a polished waterfront hotel to impress your loved one
The first of its kind on Redondo Beach, Shade Hotel is a uniquely elite small hotel. This exquisite hotel offers guests stunning views of the Pacific coastline from Malibu to Palos Verdes. Located at the heart of South Bay, Shade is undoubtedly one of the best picks for your next romantic break.
Gourmet cuisine served at the in-house restaurant, poolside deck for sunbathing, and in-room temperature adjusting beds are just some of the luxury amenities available at Hotel Shade.
- To book, check prices or availability for Shade Hotel Redondo Beach
18. Villa Delle Stelle – for an intimate and stylish couple’s getaway
Villa Delle Stelle is a high-end boutique hotel, near famous landmarks like the Art Deco Pantages Theatre and the well-known Hollywood Walk of Fame. This beautiful hotel encompasses a homely 1924-villa.
Its cozy rooms and vintage interiors, combined with cutting-edge amenities make this property the perfect fusion of heritage and modern luxuries. The engraved amps and magnanimous chandeliers add a palatial feel to the interiors, while its 5-star amenities ensure a touch with modern reality.
- To book, check prices or availability for Villa Delle Stelle
19. Chateau Marmont – an iconic LA hotel designed to evoke the vibe of a French chateau
Built-in 1929 on Sunset Boulevard, Chateau Marmont is loosely inspired by the Chateau d’Amboise, a royal hotel in France. This marvelous property has been commonly used as an on-set location for a plethora of Hollywood blockbusters. It’s the properties eclectic interiors and exteriors that make it popular as a film set choice as well as a pick for a romantic getaway.
Known as one of the most romantic hotels in Los Angeles, Chateau Marmont offers manicured lush lawns, a serene setting, vintage décor and designer architecture, and a world-class gourmet experience. Amenities include 24/7 room service, high-speed internet, fitness centers, swimming pool and spa.
- To book, check prices or availability for Chateau Marmont
20. Sunset Marquis – a chic sanctuary steps away from the Sunset Strip
Sitting at the heart of the Sunset Strip, Sunset Marquis is an exclusive chic and romantic getaway from home to a luxurious yet homely experience. The extravagant-sized rooms with airy windows, not only flood the room with light but also expose you to awe-inspiring views of the surroundings as well as the resort’s splendid pool.
The simple yet enthralling room interiors add a positive energy to the ambiance and your mood. The resort offers a vast range of local cuisines. Whether it is a romantic holiday or a vacation with a group of friends, a stay at the beautiful villas of Sunset Marquis is the perfect choice to get away and relax.
- To book, check prices or availability for Sunset Marquis Los Angeles
We also have posts on…
- The most romantic hotels in New York
- The most romantic hotels in Lake Tahoe
- The most romantic hotels in Austin
- The most romantic hotels in Palm Springs
- The most romantic hotels in Sacramento
- The most romantic hotels in Portland
- The most romantic hotels in Seattle
- Cool and unusual hotels in Los Angeles
- The best things to do in Santa Monica