East Africa is one of the sub-regions of the African continent. It covers an area approximately equal to 5.9 million square kilometers. The region has 19 countries in total and a total population of more than 400,000,000.
East Africa is known as the world of natural resources and has a great attraction for tourists, especially those who love wildlife. The eye-catching natural beauty and safari adventures make it a must-visit place on everyone’s bucket list. Among many of the countries, Kenya and Uganda are the most visited countries in East Africa.
East Africa Tourist Visa
Recently, East Africa has become one of the fastest-growing regions for tourism. Therefore, applying for a tourist visa has become more comfortable and quick. You can even apply for an e-Visa, which makes the process a little faster and hassle-free.
e-Visa can be obtained online without the need to visit the embassy. Following are the basic requirements you need for an e-Visa application:
- A valid passport
- An active e-mail address
- Credit/ debit card or any other source of online payment
Find out more about East Africa visa and make your application successful within a few minutes from home!
To apply for an e-Visa, you have to fill in a form online and pay the visa charges. You will receive your e-Visa within 6 business days. The process is simple and easy to follow. It can be done by any applicant from all over the world without any restrictions. The e-Visa allows you to travel to Uganda, Rwanda, and Kenya.
Best Places to See in East Africa
Once you have landed in one of the countries in East Africa, you must be wondering which places to visit and where to go. For your ease, we have listed below some of the best places recommended by most tourists and that are the most visited places.
Let’s have a look:
- Sipi Falls, Uganda: Sipi Falls is a beautiful series of three waterfalls. It is an exciting and breath-taking view to see the wonderful waterfall. The sound of the water falling and the natural beauty all around is so mesmerizing. Sipi Falls is in the district of Kapchorwa.
- Zanzibar, Tanzania;The Zanzibar is a semi-autonomous part of Tanzania. There is a different world in Zanzibar with its own unique culture and lifestyle. There are many resorts, ancient places, and fantastic architecture that attracts tourists.
- Masai Mara, Kenya: Masai Mara, known as Mara, is mostly mainly occupied by wildlife. It is a place for many lions, leopards, elephants, and cheetahs. Seeing nature at Masai Mara is an exciting sight, and no tourist comes back without going here.
- Malindi, Kenya: Malindi is a small town in Kenya. The things that attract the tourist to this small city include its beaches and its local markets. Fishing and surfing are also some of the most common adventures enjoyed by the tourists visiting Malindi.
- Murchison Falls National Park, Uganda: Another most visited place in East Africa is the Murchison Falls National Park. Enjoy the safari adventures and the natural waterfalls in this national park. The park was established in 2005 and is home to many animals and species.
- David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage, Kenya: A rescue center for orphan elephants is another excellent spot to visit. Enjoy the lovely sight of the baby elephants getting fed and encouraging the human’s way of loving animals.
- Lake Bunyonyi, Uganda: A relaxing and peaceful lake that takes away all your tiredness. You can also enjoy rope swings here and relax at the calm islands to refresh yourself for another destination.
- Kidepo Valley National Park, Uganda: This national park is another excellent tourist spot with many lodges and safari destinations for visitors to explore.
- African Heritage House, Kenya: A unique presentation of African culture and mud architecture, this heritage house is one of its kind.
- Watamu, Kenya: Another famous beach town in East Africa. Scuba diving and sea fishing are often seen sights you can find here.
East Africa has several marvelous places to visit. The list does not end here; instead, it’s just the beginning of an unforgettable trip.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply for your e-Visa today and have a safe and memorable trip to East Africa.