If you’re seeking accommodation in Portland for an extended stay, whether a week, a month or longer, there are plenty of options available. Many places come with extras, too, like a separate living area and kitchen, so your accommodation can feel like a real home-from-home. Here are our best extended stay hotels in Portland, Oregon…
1. Couch Street Apartments by Barsala – a beautiful hotel that welcomes extended stays
Located near Portland Art Museum, Powell’s City of Books, and Lan Su Chinese Garden, Couch Street Apartments by Barsala have excellent facilities, including barbecue areas, a fitness center and free Wi-Fi.
Couch Street Apartments are only a 6-mile drive from Portland International Airport (PAX) and a 9-minute walk from Union Station, where all major train and bus routes meet.
In terms of attractions and facilities, there are almost 300 restaurants within 1/3 mile with a wide variety of tastes catered for.
As well as Powell’s City of Books, a one-minute walk away, there is also Portland Center Stage at The Armory, the Portland World Market, and North Blocks Park.
- To book, check prices or availability for Couch Street Apartments by Barsala
2. Mark Spencer hotel – a boutique hotel that will make you feel at home for those long days
The Mark Spencer Hotel is located in Downtown Portland in an unbeatable location. The hotel’s website invites you to #staylikealocal.
The hotel is over 114 years old and became well-known thanks to the influx of celebrities and theatre performers. The hotel rebranded in the 1960s but still retains the home-from-home feel that visitors loved it for.
There are some amazing restaurants nearby, and there are lots of shops too. The rooms are spacious with fast internet connections. There is also underground parking at a reasonable rate.
- To book, check prices or availability for Mark Spencer Hotel
4. KoZ on 16th by Barsala – a cozy aparthotel that offers commodities for long stays
Located on NW 17th Ave and NW Marshall Street, KoZ on 16th by Barsala is in downtown Portland near Moda Center, Washington Park, and International Rose Test Gardens.
The property is a studio apartment that is 312ft². There is a private bathroom and a large double bed.
The closest public transport link is Portland Union Station, which is just over half a mile away. Portland International Airport is just over 6 miles away.
In terms of restaurants, there are loads on your doorstep, including Portland City Grill and the Society Café and Lounge.
- To book, check prices or availability for KoZ on 16th by Barsala
5. PDX St Johns Hideaway – a great apartment suitable for families that provides a garden and a patio
Located on N. Edison Street is a great location for couples. The property boasts two bedrooms, a kitchenette equipped with a fridge and microwave, a seating area, a flat-screen TV, and a shower. You can also make use of the on-site barbecue facilities.
Unlike some properties in this list, at PDX St Johns Hideaway, you have the option of continental or à la carte breakfast options.
This is a two-bedroom property that can accommodate up to 5 adults and three children.
There is free Wi-Fi and parking on site.
There are many natural beauty sites near this accommodation, including Willamette River 0.3 miles away and Wildwood Trailhead just over 3 miles away.
Here, you are close to St. John’s Kitchen restaurant and Anna Bannanas St. John Café.
- To book, check prices or availability for PDX St Johns Hideaway
6. The Society Hotel – the perfect place for extended stays that offers amazing amenities
This boutique hotel in downtown Portland was once home to sailors. The hotel is tucked away in Old Town Chinatown. This accommodation is only 450 yards from the Lan Su Chinese Garden and 900 yards from Powell’s City of Books. The Society hotel has its own restaurant that serves American cuisine. In addition, there is staff on hand round the clock to help the guests.
In terms of rooms, there is everything from a single bed in a mixed dormitory to a king suite that can fit four adults and a child. Portland Union Station is only 0.3 miles away.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Society Hotel
7. Residence Inn by Marriott Portland Downtown – a homey pet-friendly hotel ideal for prolonged stays
This extended-stay hotel has everything you need to feel at home. The kitchens are fully equipped, the bedding is luxurious, and the cable TV has streaming capabilities. The hotel also has a 24/h fitness center.
If you’re traveling with pets, they’re welcome to stay here too.
Food-wise, there is a free grab-and-go breakfast available to all guests. In addition, there are lots of options close by for lunch and dinner, including McCormick & Schmick’s, Bambuza, and Southpark Seafood.
Other places of interest nearby include the waterfront and Max Light Rail service to get you around town.
- To book, check prices or availability for Residence Inn by Marriott Portland Downtown
8. WorldMark Portland Waterfront Park – an attractive hotel where you will find everything you need for an extended break
Situated in Old Town Chinatown and an 8-minute walk from Roseland Theater and Burnside Bridge, this hotel has excellent features.
There are 75 rooms available, valet parking, and air conditioning. For people wanting an extended stay, you will find a kitchenette with a fridge, microwave, and cooking equipment. There are also laundry facilities and a hairdryer.
If Wi-Fi connection is important to you, this is only free in the lobby. However, guests can pay $4.95 per day to have Wi-Fi in their room.
- To book, check prices or availability for WorldMark Portland Waterfront Park
9. Inn at Northrup Station – ranked one of the top places for extended stays in Portland
In Northwest Portland, you’ll find the Inn at Northrup Station 0.7 miles from Pearl District. Each room is equipped with a flat-screen satellite TV, seating area, coffee machine, free Wi-Fi, and air conditioning. The private bathroom also has a hairdryer and free toiletries.
Portland International Airport is 15 miles from this hotel, but the Inn is located along the Streetcar route, and guests at the hotel are offered free passes.
The Inn describes itself as ‘not your typical downtown Portland hotel’. It has a lot of original artwork designed by local artists and has a modern, retro feel. The Inn has become well-known as a distinct, boutique hotel with flair.
- To book, check prices or availability for Inn at Northrup Station
10. Park Lane Suites & Inn – an affordable inn, well-equipped for long term stays
The rooms at Park Lane Suites & Inn have elegant décor, free Wi-Fi, and cherry furniture. The suites have excellent kitchen facilities with maple cabinets and a full-size refrigerator. The living area has an armchair and sofa.
Although there is free parking available, it is limited and available on a first-come-first-served basis.
Park Lane Suites & Inn is situated less than a mile from Interstate 405 and Portland Art Museum.
- To book, check prices or availability for Park Lane Suites & Inn
11. Hyatt House Portland / Downtown – a contemporary hotel perfect for an extended vacation
Whether for leisure or business, this extended-stay hotel offers free breakfast and Wi-Fi, as well as a 24-hour fitness center with a pool and market.
The hotel is also pet-friendly and has meeting facilities, digital check-in, laundry, and business services.
There are numerous options available, including rooms, studio suites, and one-bedroom suites.
Hyatt House is located close to the waterfront and is a great location for recreation, dining, sightseeing, and getting around.
Portland International Airport is a 25-minute taxi ride, and Portland Union Station is a 12-minute taxi ride.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hyatt House Portland / Downtown
12. Laurelhurst Historic Dougan Suites – your go-to hotel for a relaxing extended visit
For anyone who struggles with allergies, Laurelhurst Historic Dougan Suites states that its rooms are allergy-free. This accommodation is ideal for families. It offers family rooms and has a children’s playground as well as free Wi-Fi throughout.
There are two accommodation types – a superior suite, which can accommodate three adults, and a three-bedroom house, which can accommodate six adults.
Here, you will be 0.3 miles from Laurelhurst Park and 1.4 miles from Buckman Field Park. There are lots of options within the local vicinity for dining options, including Urdaneta, Tin Shed, and Guilder.
- To book, check prices or availability for Laurelhurst Historic Dougan Suites
13. LoveJoy Nook – a charming apartment near amazing attractions that is ideal for a lengthy stay
This is a beautiful air-conditioned apartment situated just over 1.5 miles from Washington Park International Rose Test Gardens. Portland Art Museum is also a similar distance.
In the apartment, you have a seating area, kitchen, and dining area. There is also cable TV, a washing machine, and free Wi-Fi. Parking on-site is free. The property is fully air-conditioned.
Portland International Airport is around 7 miles away.
- To book, check prices or availability for LoveJoy Nook
14. Tabor Treehouse Holiday Home – a very attractive holiday home with a garden view, suitable for a long stay
Tabor Treehouse Holiday Home has one bedroom, a kitchenette, and a bathroom. It is located in Southeast Portland, 2km from Lighthouse Mission Church.
If you don’t fancy cooking, there are restaurants and cafés close by, including The Cheese Bar and Coquine.
The rooms have a seating area, a writing table, a safe, coffee & tea making facilities and toiletries.
Tabor Treehouse does not have parking on-site, and pets aren’t allowed.
- To book, check prices or availability for Tabor Treehouse Holiday Home
15. Cedar Mill Park Place Holiday Home – a great place to have an extended stay if you want to escape the city life
This stunning holiday home is ideal for an extended stay. It boasts air conditioning, barbecue facilities, a kitchen and a private bathroom. There is also a TV in the property. The kitchen has a dishwasher, refrigerator, and microwave.
As far as attractions go, the World Forestry Discovery Museum is just over three miles away, as is The Portland Children’s Museum.
Portland International Airport lies 10 miles away.
- To book, check prices or availability for Cedar Mill Park Holiday Home
We also have posts on…
- Romantic hotels in Portland
- Best Hotels with swimming pools
- Best Historic hotels in Portland
- Best luxury hotels in Portland
Gary is an award winning full time professional photographer and videographer with too much wanderlust for his own good. Fuelled by strong coffee, you’ll often find him wandering well off hiking trails in search of interesting photographic subjects or scenery to video. Self taught and with the use of pioneering digital techniques, he quickly built up a strong client base and has worked with many prestigious organisations, including GQ, BBC, London Fashion Week, Grazia, Sky, Metro, Vogue Italia. He specialising in evocative images of people, places and cinematic videography and his goal is to make the viewer look twice and engage. As well as a penchant for good design, the ketogenic diet and Hungarian Vizslas, he also has a huge affection for Chicago, Bucharest, Scandinavia, Croatia and absolutely everywhere in Italy. Find him on Instagram @garynansome, Twitter @garynansome and his website https://garynunn.co.uk/