Want to take your best furry friend to one of the UK’s loveliest tourist spots? There are plenty of pet-friendly cottages in the UK, and here we bring you some of the best! Here are beautiful dog-friendly cottages to stay in the United Kingdom…
Table of Contents
Spring Cottage – a pet-friendly cosy cottage in Cornwall
If it’s a stunning view of the Cornish countryside that you’re looking for, then Spring Cottage is exactly the place. This freshly renovated cottage boasts relaxing countryside views and a rustic wood burner to keep you and your four-legged friend warm and cosy throughout the colder months. This quaint little cottage comes with all the amenities you will need for a relaxing and stress-free stay including:
- Full lounge, complete with Smart TV, DAB radio, and DVD player
- Functional Kitchen with fridge, electric cooker, microwave, dishwasher, and washing machine.
- Full bathroom with bathtub, shower, sink, and toilet
- 2 bedrooms complete with linens, and chest of drawers (one queen bed in first, two twin beds in the second bedroom.
When you’re not resting in your cosy cottage, you can take advantage of the local shops, or enjoy a refreshing walk down the Camel trail located just minutes down the lane from the cottage, then stroll less than a minute walk to the well-known Quarryman Inn for a delicious meal or nightcap. Check out the cottage and other great dog-friendly accommodation on the Orginal Cottages Website.
Nant Awel – a stylish dog-welcoming bolthole in Wales
If you and your beloved pet enjoy holidaying in the lap of luxury, then Nant Awel cottage is the perfect choice. Located in a beautifully serene location in Llanbedrog, Snowdonia & The Lleyn Peninsula, is a magnificently landscaped oasis that will offer exactly the calm tranquility that you and your pet are looking for. When staying at Nant Awel you will get the sense that you’re taking a step back in time while still being able to enjoy all of today’s modern technology that we rely on including Wi-Fi, iPad, and Alexa.
The inside of this classic designed yet sophisticated cottage boasts an open concept floor plan that includes luscious colour schemes, and retro and antique furnishings, three opulently decorated bedrooms fully stocked with high-end linens, and a large bathroom with dual hand basins, and a deep and luxurious freestanding tub.
Melbrake Cottage – a stylish dog-welcoming cottage in Devon with great views
Just a 10-minute walk from Dartmouth Castle in Devon, Melbrake cottage will welcome you and your pet with open arms. This marvelous traditional family property is able to sleep up to 6 people comfortably, making it ideal for large families. This bi-level property offers panoramic views of the River Dart from each floor and is just minutes from Dartmouth town center. This tastefully decorated home provides an at home feel with a holiday home flare that your entire family will enjoy, and has a very practical and spacious layout to provide optimum comfort for even larger sized families including:
- Practical sized kitchen with double oven, six ring ceramic hob, microwave, dishwasher, fridge, and storage space
- Tastefully designed dining room with family-sized dining table, electric fireplace, flat-screen TV, large windows (providing plenty of natural light),
- Large living room with large sized two-seater sofa, free-standing chair, armchair, coffee and side table, TV, and DVD player
- Two bathrooms (one shower room and one family bathroom)
- Three tastefully decorated bedrooms (bedroom1- king-sized bed, bedroom 2- with a double bed, bedroom 3- with two twin beds)
The outside of this well-kept property is just as luxurious as the inside. This meticulously landscaped property comes complete with a sun lounger and bench that has been strategically placed for guests to enjoy a spectacular view of the River Dart, as well as a family-sized table and chairs for outdoor dining.
Sunny Side House – bright and stylish pet-friendly accommodation in Brighton
This centrally located cottage near the heart of Brighton is ideal for both families and business travellers alike. This spacious three-floor home allows for even larger sized groups to stretch out comfortably after a day of sightseeing and shopping. The large open plan living area offers not one, but two private outdoor living areas for you your guests and best of all your pet, to relax outdoors in. In addition to the charmingly designed interior guests can enjoy the following:
- Large open plan living room with 2 sofas, 8 seat dining table, TV, DVD player, and beautifully finished wood floors
- Full kitchen with fridge, 4 ring gas hob, electric oven, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, and two wooden barstools
- Manicured Garden with bench sitting, and table and chairs
- Bathroom with shower, toilet, and handbasin
- 4 bedrooms ( bedroom 1- double bed, bedroom 2- two twin beds, bedroom 3- two twin beds, bedroom 4- one single bed
The property also includes unlimited Wi-Fi and plenty of nearby parking. It is important to note that this property has a one pet only policy. Check out Sunny Side House here.
Shuttleworth Lodge – a homely lodge in Norfolk which welcomes pets
Perfectly placed on the outskirts of the charming village of Thursford, Norfolk is the enchanting Shuttleworth Lodge, where you can enjoy being surrounded by a massive fully enclosed garden in this quiet and private location. This comfortable, spacious, and pet-friendly lodging can sleep up to 6 guests and boasts all the modern home comforts, and amenities, you will need including:
- Large-sized south-facing sitting room with living flame gas fireplace, flat-screen TV, DVD, CD player, French doors that open to a covered veranda, and plenty of comfortable seating
- Practical kitchen with fridge, electric hob, double oven, TV, 6-person dining table, microwave, dishwasher
- Bathroom with bathtub and shower, shower room with toilet and washbasin, as well as a cloakroom with toilet and washbasin
- 3 bedrooms (bedroom 1- double bed and TV, bedroom 2 and 3 – two twin beds)
- Large driveway able to fit up to 4 large-sized cars
The cottage is also fully stocked with towels, reading material, family games, and a telephone for incoming calls. This property allows one medium-sized pet per stay.
Carter’s Cottage – a traditional cottage in Wiltshire which will welcome your pooch too!
Perfectly positioned just minutes from beautiful Chippenham, Bath, and the iconic Stonehenge, Carter’s cottage is a classic 18th-century cottage that offers a truly calm and relaxing atmosphere for all of its guests to enjoy. Situated just minutes from the property owners’ farm, this lovely little cottage is the ideal spot for any family or group of friends to holiday in. Guests who own a small-sized pet are more than welcome to bring along their furry friend to cuddle up within this warm and inviting cottage surrounded by beautiful trees, and flowers, to enjoy. The property also offers a fully enclosed garden that is perfect for guests who are bringing small children. This property comprises of two bedrooms, a spacious sitting room, a full practical kitchen, and a bathroom with bathtub and electric shower.