To make a house a home, you must customize the space in order to make it your own – but this is also true of your camper van and motorhome. Across the world, people want to impose their own style on the blank canvas of their homes or their cars, usually through changing the paint or enhancing the visual characteristics, and it has become a hobby for many.
The popularity of camper vans and motorhomes has grown exponentially over recent years, chiefly because they enable people to travel whilst also enjoying the luxury of home comforts. Unlike a conventional holiday (to a hotel or resort) which can be laborious and expensive to arrange, investing in a mobile home grants the owner a freedom to explore.
The current circumstances posed across the globe have understandably seen a rise in interest in camper vans and motorhomes too as they offer the closest form of escapism that a holiday usually would. A common issue faced by those purchasing a new camper van or motorhome, however, is the lack of diversity in style and appearance. Here are some great ways you can pimp up your campervan/motorhome/RV…
- Hire for a professional for a complete respray and even consider going for something metallic or two-tone for a van that will really stand out. It could be an expensive project but hey your van will look totally awesome when it’s finished. Although the downside to this is that you could potentially get fed up with the color in the long run or it could affect its resale value.
- Get some cool LED strip lights and run them alongside the corner edge of the van ceiling, just make sure they’re stuck on well or they will keep falling off as you travel along! You can even get your very own remote control so you can change the color to suit your mood.
- Get some trendy steering wheel and seat covers. They will not only look rad but will also keep your wheels and seats clean (and also help you keep the value of your van).
- Get some cute mascots to hang around the van, yes it’s kitsch but it’s also fun and those long journeys can sometimes be a little dull.
- If you really want to go the whole hog get some astroturf and lay it down on the floor – instant tropical paradise!
- Decorate with colorful and fun or trendy cushions and blankets for some extra individualism.
Now for my favorite way to personalize a motorhome – stickers!
The conventional motorhome generally has two features ideal for customization: a white, blank exterior color and a large surface area on the sides of the vehicle. These features can act as a canvas to fill with decals and stickers and this is one of the cheapest and quickest ways to personalize your motorhome.
There are lots of sites like the camper van and motorhome decals by Mural decal where you can check out and buy these stickers. They usually come in a variety of campervan stickers in an assortment of sizes and often in a selection of at least 30 colors.
Regardless of whether you are looking for inspiration or have a particular theme in mind, I’m betting you’ll find something that will fit your taste. For example, the vinyl stickers come with a large range of themes – the beach, nautical, travel, nature, novelty, landscapes, prominent campervan brand logos, and many more.
Nowadays uniqueness is hard to create, especially when camper vans and motorhomes conventionally are designed in a similar way to other models. But now you can do something about this! Revitalize your motorhome or camper van and give it a new life – and give it a personality all of its own. Enjoy!