With more and more airlines charging passengers to check in their bags, it’s not surprising so many of us are choosing to travel with only our hand luggage. Enter the Arcido Bag, which is designed not only to look good but to also make those journeys easier and more organised, giving you easy access to the things you want when you need them.
Launching soon on Kickstarter, The Arcido Bag is made from a high quality slate grey canvas that’s totally weatherproof. Overall it’s a pretty awesome piece of travelling kit – as well as the stylishly understated design we love how it adapts to different travel scenarios.
What’s so special about the Arcido Bag?
- It’s designed to carry as much as possible, without being uncomfortable. It’s within the carry-on dimensions for most airlines, and fits in the dreaded luggage ‘cage’ at the airport, so you know you won’t be faced with extra check-in fees.
- One main compartment inside makes it ideal for trips that last several days, as you can put a lot of clothes and shoes inside. One issue the creators came up against when they were researching the product was the fact that people wanted to divide their clothes; nobody wants a pair of dirty pants to accidentally fall out! So the main compartment is divided by an inner wall that can be used to separate your things.
- Dealing with liquids is also a perennial nightmare for hand-luggage only passengers. The Arcido Bag has a waterproof inner pouch that means any leaks will be contained. It’s also really easy to access your liquids bag when you’re at security.
- The bag is handily weatherproof. The fabric has been sprayed with a water-repellent coating, and lined with PVC. The zips are also waterproof, which makes the whole bag weather tight.
- For the laptop compartment, the designers wanted to make something more flexible than the usual laptop slot. “We’ve come up with an adaptable laptop harness that adjusts to fit your exact model of computer,” explains Felix Kenchington. The whole thing can be removed if you don’t need it, which frees up even more space at the back of the bag.
- The bag is designed to keep your gear safe – there’s are also interlocking zips that lets you lock the bag and a hidden back pocket is great for passports.
- You can carry the bag in lots of different ways – you can hide the back straps, and also attach the messenger strap if you want to carry it over one shoulder. It also features high quality top and side handles, and the zips are also waterproof.
Want to win an Arcido Bag?
We’ve got one of these great bags to giveaway (and Arcido are also throwing in their matching passport holder and washbag too – thanks guys!) and it’s really easy to enter – see the box below.