How to avoid scams in South East Asia
South East Asia has it all – sun, sea and 24 hour beach parties, but where there’s tourists/travellers there’s scammers and this part of the world definitely has more than its fair share.
1) Get any visas from the country’s actual embassy/consulate to ensure authenticity.
2) Make sure all taxi rides are on the meter.
3) Do not (I repeat NOT!) hand your passport over to anyone masquerading as a cop.
4) If you are thinking of renting a moped in Vietnam please take note. They do NOT recognise an international driving licence so you are technically driving without a licence and liable to be pulled over by the many troops of street police.
5) I feel the need to reiterate not accepting free lunches from locals.
Swipe Up for more travel destinations!