Influencer marketing can offer an exceptional return on investment and here at Global Grasshopper we always strive to create and produce the highest quality and most sharable content possible. We have an excellent track record in working on very successful campaigns with clients ranging from smaller independent companies to prestigious household name brands, including a campaign which won a Travel Media Award. We have also many repeat clients (of all sizes) proving that we can offer an excellent ROI.
Bloggers have an increasing and proved highly valuable influence – 33% of younger people now rely mostly on blogs before they make a purchase, compared to only 3% who look to TV, magazines and books. Also, more than one-third of travellers have changed their plans in general after seeing a social media post, and more than half have changed hotel plans (Forbes). A very recent study by TapInfluence showed Influencer Marketing to offer a huge 11 times ROI over all other forms of Digital Media.
Many of our posts also go viral attracting good quality links, high engagement and gaining high rankings in Google for continuous traffic, leads and visibility. We also specialize in going above and beyond the average influencer marketing experience in our larger campaigns offering lead magnets, split tested social media adverts and engaging multiple stage sale funnels to ensure the maximum ROI is offered. Contact Becky for quotes and more detailed information.
Examples of native style advertorials we have produced for smaller, one-off campaigns:
- 10 of the most beautiful places to visit in Myanmar – received over 23,000 views, 17,000 social media shares, 31 comments and now ranks at the top of Google for keywords “beautiful places Burma”, “beautiful places to visit Burma” and “beautiful Burma” among many others (client: Luminous Journeys).
- 12 of the most beautiful sailing destinations in Europe – over 14,000 views, 6,200 social media shares, 21 comments and now ranks at the top of Google for “beautiful sailing locations”, “beautiful places to sail” and “beautiful sailing destinations” among many others (client: Incrediblue).
- 8 unique things to do in Thailand– over 13,000 views, 331 social media shares, 19 comments and now ranks highly in Google for “unique things to do in Thailand” (client: AIS Traveller SIM).
- 10 of the most beautiful National Parks in North America – over 6,000 views, 320 social media shares, 20 comments and now ranks highly in Google images for related keywords (client: Insight Holidays).
Examples of content produced for larger campaigns:
- A road trip adventure in Newquay with a MokkaX – this was one of two posts produced for the Vauxhall #MokkaX campaign. It received over 5,000 views 125 social media shares and 22 engagements and the video produced for the campaign by our team videographer received over 51,000 and counting across our social media channels. The video was also used by Kaper PR to present to new clients.
- 10 reasons why Sabah is the ultimate honeymoon destination – this was part of a series of five posts produced by us for Royal Brunei and Sabah Tourist Board for the very successful iAmbassador #LoveSabah campaign. This post received over 6,000 views, 480 social media shares and 30 comments. It was also republished in the Epoch Times and was part of the campaign which won a Travel Media Award for content, was nominated for Travel Marketing News 2016 and the Shorty Media Awards 2016. The campaign as a whole (which included a small group of five top influencers, including us) was proven to increase Royal Brunei’s profits and also increase honeymoon package sales in Sabah, Borneo.
- Exploring Fraser Island: Australia’s most unique beauty spot – this was one of a series of four posts produced by us for the Queensland Tourist Board as part of their #ThisisQueensland campaign. This post received over 6,000 views, 2,000 social media shares and 34 comments and the photos were used as promotional material by the Queensland Tourist Board.
- A weekend in Dublin – without luggage! – this was a post produced for the high profile Moneysupermarket #MSMLostLuggage challenge campaign. It received over 4,000 views, 150 social media shares and 21 comments.
- Exploring Austria – culture and nature in affluent Vorarlberg – this was one of two posts produced for the Austrian Tourist Board as part of the #roundtripAustria Captivate campaign. It received over 4,500 views, 225 social media shares and the photography was used as promotional material by Visit Austria. The set of these images used by Visit Austria on their Facebook page received 4,200 likes, 260 shares and 81 comments.
- Exploring Utrecht, Holland – more than just a mini Amsterdam? – this one of two posts produced for Stayokay Utrecht for their #Stayokaysleepover campaign it received more than 7,000 views, 911 social media shares and 29 comments.
What our clients say about us…
“Our client was extremely happy with the work that Becky and her team did for the project, so much so that the video has been shared throughout the company. The work was original, beautiful and extremely impressive, we’d love to work with Global Grasshoppers again in the future.” (Dana Leigh Account Executive at Kaper PR talking about the work produced for her client Vauxhall)
“Becky and her team videographer Gary were an absolute pleasure to work with. Having worked with many bloggers whilst being in PR, Becky definitely stands out as one of the most professional and easy to work with. A breath of fresh air. Our client was delighted with her review, which I will add went above and beyond. Breathtaking video, images and a thorough write-up. I hope to work with Global Grasshopper again in the future – a total pleasure” Georgiana Oddy (Account Executive at Manc Frank)
“Becky and her team are extremely pleasant and professional to work with and the quality of the writing and photography they produce shows they are at the top of their game. They are easily one of the best blogs in travel and always offer excellent ROI” Lynsey Devon (Owner and Founder of Heaven Publicity)
“A true professional, Becky and her team really know how to capture the reader’s imagination with engaging insight into the destination accompanied with beautiful photography. Covering unique angles and producing exceptional social media and articles on campaigns, she is always a pleasure to work with and I cannot recommend her enough!” Emily Wilson (Senior Account Manager at Grifco PR)
As an agency, we work with many bloggers but you are the first in a long time to have shown that level of professionalism. Your branding is lovely, your website inspires and you seem like a professional and skilled bunch of happy folk! Sheila Manzano (Director of ThreelittlebirdsPR)
“Lee Hubbard from the Global Grasshopper team was one of our 24 international bloggers who worked with us on our Stayokay Utrecht – Centrum launch event campaign. It was a real pleasure to work with Lee, he is a very professional blogger who was able to pinpoint exactly our focus points in both his social media posts and online article. The pictures were perfectly chosen and he delivered an excellent ‘inside story’ of his experience in Utrecht.” Kim Querfurth (PR and communication manager at Stayokay Netherlands)
I have to tell you I really never write reviews or respond to bloggers but I have to tell you thanks for all the great travel info on your site. We are planning a trip to Iceland with friends and your list of hotels was just perfect. I just signed up for your emails for more travel inspiration. Very nice. (Sallie McLaughlin, a reader)
I‘ve been thinking about travelling back to Asia and was debating Japan vs Vietnam. Your write-up on the Vietnam islands has sold me! (Andy Hampton, a reader)
Who is our audience?
- Aged mostly 18-45
- Approximately 60% female 40% male
- Mostly college educated.
- The majority of our traffic comes from the UK, then the USA, Canada, Australia, Europe and Asia.
- Mainly independent travellers and ‘thinking’ holidaymakers looking to spend a wide variety of budgets when they travel.
How we can work with you
- Native style SEO targeted advertorials created for maximum shareability and high rankings in Google. These are also shared through our social media channels and further boosted by a small group of top influencers.
- Sponsored reviews, giveaways and competitions designed to be highly engaging with the aim of offering your brand excellent ROI.
- Brand ambassadorship – we can help to reach out to your target audience by putting a face to your brand.
- Content creation and/or social media boost for your company website or publication.
- Banners, videos and widgets placed either in our high traffic posts or on our sidebar.
- Beautifully produced videos – we have a very talented professional videographer on our team who has worked with the BBC, Sky and London Fashion Week who works with us to produce excellent video content. His first video for one of our campaigns went viral receiving over 50,000 views in a just a few days.
- Our very popular brand campaign/sponsored press trips consisting of engaging real-time social media, highly sharable blog posts with high-quality aspirational photography, video footage and social media amplification.
- Tactical larger campaigns – we can also design and implement creative campaigns which aim to provide the gold standard in influencer marketing. They involve bespoke split-tested social media adverts, viral videos, lead magnets and multiple-stage sales funnels. Contact Becky for quotes and more detailed information.
Examples of Global Grasshopper campaign videos created by our professional videographer…
This video was produced for a campaign for Eviivo, with our promotion it went viral and has received over 50,000 views on Facebook (with only £20 worth of boosting), YouTube and Instagram.
This video was produced for the Vauxhall #MokkaX campaign, with our promotion it went viral and received over 20,000 on Facebook (with only £20 worth of boosting) and Instagram within one day. It now has received over 51,000 across all our channels.
This video produced for the #PlanetChernobyl campaign, with our promotion it went viral receiving over 15,000 views on YouTube in just a few days.
We are also open to collaboration ideas, contact Becky to discuss further.
Why advertise with us?
- We get an average of 210,000 page views a month
- Ranked No.3 Travel Authority in the UK by Agility PR solutions.
- Ranked as No.5 UK Travel Blog on the industry respected Vuelio list.
- Domain Authority of 49
- Over 26,000 Twitter followers.
- Over 61,000 Facebook likes.
- Nearly 14,000 Instagram followers.
- Over 5,700 Pinterest followers.
- Over 2,000 Google Plus circles.
- Over 3,500 regular readers through our RSS feed.
- Nearly 100,000 collective views on our YouTube Channel.
- We’re a Google Page Rank 5
- Our domain is over nine years old, older domains carry a much higher weight in Google rankings.
- We rank at the top of Google for hundreds of important travel-related keywords.
- We often gain huge amounts of traffic through StumbleUpon and several of our posts have been viewed over a million times.
- We were part of a small team of influential travel bloggers who worked with both Sabah Tourist Board and Royal Brunei Airlines on an iAmbassador campaign which achieved a very impressive return on investment. As a direct result of the campaign, we collectively increased Royal Brunei’s profits and dramatically increased (compared to the year before) honeymoon package sales in Sabah, Borneo.
- We can prove continuous and impressive above-average sales conversions on our site for our affiliate partners. We even rank as one of the highest earning affiliate partners in the UK for HotelsCombined.
Awards, nominations and accolades
- Ranked No.3 Travel Authority in the UK by Agility PR solutions.
- Ranked as No.3 UK Travel Blog 2018 on the industry respected Vuelio list.
- Shortlisted for the Best Travel Blog in the respected Vuelio Awards 2017.
- Finalist (alongside other finalists TV Comedian Dom Joly and a Guardian Journalist) for the best online coverage in the British Annual Canada Travel Awards 2018
- Won the runner-up position in 2017 Best UK Travel Blog for the Cheapflights Awards 2017 where over 60,000 people voted.
- We were part of the team who produced the Love Sabah campaign which won the award for the “Travel Media Innovative Campaign and Content of the Year” at the prestigious Travel Media Awards 2015.
- The Love Sabah campaign was also nominated in the Travel Marketing News 2016
- Listed on 121 Travel Blogs worth reading on Yahoo voices
- Mentioned as one of the best lifestyle blogs to follow in 2017 by CodeCondo.
- Named as one of the Top 15 UK travel blogs to watch out for in 2015 by Yahoo Style
- Ranked as one of the Top 18 travel blogs you must read by Wanderlust magazine
- Mentioned as the 5 lifestyle blogs to follow in 2017 by Lifehack
- Asked to take over the Instagram Account of Germany Tourist Board.
- Won the travel blog category in the Achica Living Blog Awards 2012
- Won Tourradar’s best travel article 2017
- Nominated for Travel Blogger of the Year Award 2015
- Nominated for Best UK Travel Blog for the Cheapflights Awards 2017
- Nominated for the LowCostHolidays Blog Awards 2014
- Nominated for best photo blog in SkyScanner’s travel blogscars 2013.
- Nominated for best piece of photojournalism in the Caribbean Travel Journalism Awards 2013
- TripAdvisor’s Top 25 Adventure Travel Bloggers to follow in 2015
- Asher Fergusson’s Top 100 Travel Blogs in 2017
- TripAdvisor’s Home Rentals Top Outdoor Travel Bloggers to follow in 2015
- One of Trip Advisor’s featured blogger in their travel must have article.
- Queensland Tourist Board’s Travel Blogs to follow in 2016
- Winfield’s Best Outdoor Bloggers 2108
- Wanderu’s Summer Bookmarks Travel Blog Award Winner 2015
- One of the Flight Case Company’s Top 20 Hottest Travel Blogs of 2015
- Asked to speak at Traverse Blogger’s Event 2014.
- Mentioned as one of the 10 must-read travel bloggers of 2013 by HomeAway
- Listed as Trip Advisor’s Holiday Lettings Top 20 Urban Travel Bloggers 2014.
- Asked to judge a successful and high profile LowCostHolidays travel blogging competition.
- Nominated for Photography in the HostelBookers Travel Blogger Awards Ceremony 2012
- Featured in the British Airways HighLife magazine in their Ultimate year-round travel guide.
- Published in the Exodus 40th Anniversary Magazine.
- Published in the Epoch Times.
- Asked to write hotel reviews for the Laterooms.com successful 52 Sleeps book which was also published into printed books by Lonely Planet and distributed to all their readers.
- Asked to judge a high-profile Instagram competition for Audley Travel.
- Featured in Zalando’s Travel section.
- Worked with prestigious production company Media Ark to develop a video campaign for a US Tourist Board.
- Asked to judge a popular Netflights travel photographic competition.
- Asked our opinion on Brexit for GoCompare.com magazine.
- Chosen as one of the Top 10 Travel Bloggers by Hotels4u.com
- Voted by readers of GotSaga.com as Europe’s 3rd best travel blog
- Asked to collaborate with Holiday Lettings on their popular travel quiz
- Invited to interview BBC travel presenter and best selling author Simon Reeve.
- One of WebUpon’s 15 Useful and Awesome websites that will improve your life
- Were LowCostHolidays Travel Bloggers of the Month
- Mentioned by Travelsupermarket.com as a Useful and Informative Travel Resource
- Selected by TravelInsurance.org as one of the 51 Fantastic European Travel Blogs
- Named as TVtrip’s favourite Travel Bloggers
- Listed as one of the 6 best travel blogs by Classic Collection Holidays
- Listed as Gap Year Escape’s Top 30 Travel Blogs.
- Made Tourism Link’s Top 10 Travel Blogs
- Interviewed by Income Society
- Interviewed by Hotelscheap.org
- Featured on HostelBookers 69 Travel Blogging Tips from the Top Travel Bloggers
- Chosen by Alamo for the Top USA blog post
- Chosen by CollegeScholarships.org as one of the 150 travel blogs for Students
- Won Iglu travel awards 2011 for the best travel stories.
Was asked to attend a TV interview by the BBC news, put forward for a casting for a Bing TV advert, National Geographic (best of the blogosphere feature), The Daily Mail, National Geographic (best of the blogosphere feature), Expedia Koh Samui guide, The Travel Channel, Daily Mail Travel, Forbes, Yahoo Travel, Business Insider, Lonely Planet, The Huffington Post, featured in British Airways inflight Highlife Magazine, Telegraph Travel, TripAdvisor, Epoch Times, Lifehack, Gadling, RightMove Overseas, Glamour Magazine, featured in Jet2’s inflight magazine ‘Jetaway’, RyanAir Blog, La Stampa (Italy’s most popular daily newspaper), Ekstrabladet.dk (National Danish Newspaper), Standaard.be, Nieuwsblad.be (Belgium’s national newspaper sites) Vecernji.hr (Croatia’s leading news site), Visir.is (Iceland’s most popular news and entertainment website), Wort.lu (Luxembourg’s largest newspaper) and had articles referenced by Wikipedia.
Brands we’ve worked with on larger campaigns
Google, Pinterest, Vauxhall, Lonely Planet, British Airways, Royal Brunei, Destination Canada, Queensland Tourist Board, Ferrari, MoneySuperMarket, Three Mobile, Singapore Air, KLM, Expedia, St Vincent and the Grenadines Tourist Board, Travel Supermarket, London City Airport, Germany Tourist Board, Discover Hong Kong, SkyScanner, LateRooms.com, Travel Alberta, Tourism Montreal, Your Singapore, Metropolitan Touring, Spain Tourist Board, South America, Sabah Tourist Board, Visit Austria, Rickshaw Travel, AirBnB, Swiss Air, Jeep Compass, Hotel.info, Spanish Tourist Board, Germany Tourist Board, Switzerland Tourist Board, Catalonia Tourist Board, Visit Sweden, Visit Jersey, Exodus Activity and Adventure Holidays, Swedish Lapland Tourist Board, The Gambia Experience, Israel Tourist Board, Sultanate of Oman, Nikon, Leica, Zalando, LowCostHolidays, Discover Ireland, Atout France, Discover Greece, Vibe Israel, Railbookers, Media Ark, Latvia Tourist Board, Live Riga, Visit Zurich, Premier Cottages, Autographer, Jet2 holidays, Barcelo hotels, Visit Oostende, Faville Tours, FPP Travel, Turismo Torino, Eating Italy, Brancott Estate, Eviivo, MyFerryLink, Eurail, Walks of Italy and Eating London.
Please contact Becky for more detailed information and campaign examples.