Drenched in the charm of a turquoise sea, Aruba is alive with a cosmic array of stunning environs and historical elegance. Aruba’s rugged, windswept vistas and uncrowded beaches offer an impeccable backdrop to your island adventures. Be that snorkelling, hiking, or horseback riding, this beautiful Caribbean island is sure to fill you with an explorative vigour, as well as a longing to lounge on a pristine beach and relax to the rhythms of island life.
Beyond its eclectic range of epic excursions, Aruba’s dazzling landscapes are brimming with colourful architecture and a vibrant art and social scene.
Acclaimed as the ‘friendliest place on earth’, Aruba’s hotels draw people in from all around the world. From eco-friendly boutiques to luxurious resorts set along white sand beaches, here are the best cool and unusual hotels in Aruba, The Caribbean (in no particular order)...
1. Renaissance Wind Creek Aruba Resort – a stunning paradise that is home to some of Aruba’s most majestic private beaches
Set against the sparkling cityscape of Oranjestad, the glistening shores of this tropical oasis invite you to be swept away by the soothing allure of an authentic Aruban culture.
From the hotel, a water taxi will take you directly to a 40-acre private island within minutes, where you will experience relaxing treatments at the spa cove, and a tranquil paradise accompanied by free-roaming flamingos.
Revel in the serene beauty of your waterfront room, where pristine ocean, marina, or island views will take your breath away. At the Renaissance, the perfect dining experience is never far away, as the vast array of on-site restaurants serves everything from handcrafted cocktails to authentic steaks.
- To book, check prices or availability for Renaissance Wind Creek Aruba Resort
2. Riu Palace Aruba – All Inclusive – one of the most Instagrammable hotels in Aruba
There is no time to be bored in this all-inclusive palm beach, owing to the day and evening entertainment programmes on offer, which include upbeat live music and epic performances.
Offering you the chance to enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime vacation scene, Riu Palace blends an eclectic range of cuisine offerings across five globally inspired restaurants, with quirky hotel bars where some of the island’s most popular snacks and aperitifs are served.
A lush swim-up pool bar and ice cream parlour are just the icing on the cake! This grand hotel’s 400-plus rooms provide trendsetting amenities offering the utmost comfort, and the outdoor loungers and parasols are optimally placed for you to rest and rejuvenate in pure serenity.
- To book, check prices or availability for Riu Palace Aruba – All Inclusive
3. Boardwalk Boutique Hotel Aruba – a gorgeous oasis that provides a peaceful setting where you can unplug and unwind
Situated in the middle of a former coconut plantation, this unique Caribbean gem evokes a true family boutique atmosphere, featuring 46 secluded casitas tastefully decorated in fresh Caribbean colours.
Thriving on details in design, guests at the Boardwalk can experience the vacation of their dreams, by lounging around a lush tropical oasis teeming with hammock spots, tranquillity zones, two elegant swimming pools, and a private beach.
The Boardwalk community is well-connected with the Aruban nature and heritage, and enhances the hospitality experience through complimentary perks and privileges.
Food and beverages are available for both take-out and as an elegant night of dining at a shaded shack, offering the ultimate romantic experience.
- To book, check prices or availability for Boardwalk Boutique Hotel Aruba
4. Bubali Bliss Studios – a casual and stylish hotel perfect for a blissful romantic break
Once a prestigious villa, Bubali Bliss evokes charm and grandeur through typical Aruban architecture, where a unique retro-Caribbean style suffuses the 10 trendy studios.
A modern, boutique-style design surrounding the property’s interior is the result of exceptional design work, carefully envisioned to improve travellers’ independence and flexibility. The hotel’s concepts are based on excellent location, trendy boutique design, and value for money.
Coalescing these three focal points has catalysed a unique hospitality experience, in a tropical oasis only steps away from the white sands of the esteemed Eagle Beach.
A comfortable pool area decked out with lounge chairs and hammocks opens the doors to a truly intimate, one-of-a-kind vacation experience.
- To book, check prices or availability for Bubali Bliss Studios
5. RH Boutique Hotel Aruba – an ultra-chic and refined hotel very close to the airport
The owners of RH have searched around the island for a peaceful open space to construct this unique boutique hotel, which offers a serene ambiance where you can spiritually reconnect.
The hotel oozes peacefulness amid the fresh air of the surrounding evergreen, and maintains an ethos rooted in sustainability and eco-conscience.
Throughout the property, be that in the guestrooms, dining room, or gym, you will be charmed with colourful fixtures pointing to the azure landscape which girdles Aruba. Cosy sunbeds are spaciously sprinkled around a lush outdoor pool, and pops of tropical hues give the hotel an invigorating, Caribbean charm.
- To book, check prices or availability for RH Boutique Hotel Aruba
6. Mammaloe – a unique design boutique B&B set in the heart of the island of Aruba
Mammaloe offers a quirky twist on your typical island vacation lodge, with feature-rich wagons brimming with vivid character. If you’re in the mood for an eccentric and extravagant vacation, then this is your type of space.
Surrounded by lush plants and framed by tropical scenery, a stay here can be both a heart-thumping adventure and a peaceful retreat. Services range from spiritual sessions encompassing yoga and meditation, to epic water sport excursions, and everything in between.
Mammaloe’s famed dream catcher retreat is designed for holistic growth, and guides guests on a personal journey to unwind and recharge while enjoying the Aruban sunshine.
- To book, check prices or availability for Mammaloe
7. Radisson Blu Aruba – the perfect place to explore a Caribbean adventure
Placing you within easy walking distance of the white sands of Palm Beach, and mere steps from an eclectic list of restaurants and vibrant bars, the Radisson Blu brand emits its world-famous splendour onto Aruba’s sunny shores.
Whether you’re in the mood to sip a tropical beverage by a sparkling pool or embark on a memorable sailing adventure, this LEED-certified green hotel has you covered.
You can find your inner bliss in a private oasis overlooking either the ocean, the island, or the hotel pool, with all suites boasting a spacious living room and dining area.
For a Peruvian fusion dining experience, you are invited to unwind at Blu Bar, before enjoying seasonal drinks at Acqua Breeze Pool Bar.
- To book, check prices or availability for Radisson Blu Aruba
8. Courtyard by Marriott Aruba Resort – a contemporary and family-friendly resort that provides free daytime tennis practice
Setting the stage for an unforgettable getaway, this modern Marriott masterpiece is located in the heart of Palm Beach, offering you the chance to step out of your door and straight onto the pristine white sand.
The hotel’s trailblazing GoBoard technology provides guests with a tailored hospitality experience in their rooms, which boast contemporary design and ergonomic work areas.
Delicious meals are served in a relaxed atmosphere at Allegro Bistro, and a scenic swim-up pool bar offers the convenience to sip a refreshing drink while you’re soaking up the tropical magnificence.
Catering to the modern business traveller, additional hotel perks include a fully decked-out fitness centre, and a versatile venue space for business and social events.
- To book, check prices or availability for Courtyard by Marriott Aruba Resort
9. Boutique Hotel Swiss Paradise Aruba Villas and Suites – a cozy aparthotel that is travel sustainable
Located in the ‘Beverly Hills’ of Aruba, in the gorgeous northern neighbourhood of Malmok, this idyllic boutique property boasts brand-new luxurious villas, suites, and apartments.
Contemporary and chic, a stay here will be a step away from the ordinary and into a world of sophisticated opulence, at a budget-friendly price point.
This customized concept of an Aruban vacation rental sparks a relaxed atmosphere through modern décor and comfy furnishings, while the lush, palm-fringed pool offers the perfect spot to soak up Aruba’s relaxed charm.
Rainfall showers and jacuzzi tubs enhance the beautiful plunge into island life, while on-site barbeque facilities offer opportunities to craft up your own delicious meals.
- To book, check prices or availability for Boutique Hotel Swiss Paradise Aruba Villas and Suites
10. Manchebo Beach Resort and Spa – an upscale resort that features Caribbean-style decor
A classic Aruban experience is on offer at Manchebo Beach Resort and Spa, where a blissful Caribbean charm has welcomed guests for over half a century.
Featuring locally inspired thatched roof architecture and framed by lush tropical gardens of swaying palms, Manchebo Beach offers a warm, enthralling twist on the island’s typical resorts.
The multitude of relaxation opportunities are a favourite for couples, honeymooners, and beach lovers alike. Imagine lounging beneath a Palapa on the white sand, or indulging in a massage overlooking the ocean from a Balinese spa pavilion, or sitting down for a romantic candlelit dinner for two directly on the beach.
Experiences like these define the laid-back brand of romance which characterizes Manchebo Beach.
- To book, check prices or availability for Manchebo Beach Resort and Spa
11. Arubiana Inn Hotel – a cool and trendy hotel perfect for a relaxing stay
Once you walk through the gates of Arubiana Inn, you have entered a world of refined comfort taken from the pages of a fairy-tale.
The Caribbean atmosphere has you immediately fixated on total relaxation, a feeling that follows you into the stunning guestrooms which surround a gorgeous palm tree courtyard.
Around the soothing swimming pool area, thatched-roofed umbrellas, comfy deckchairs, and swaying hammocks offer you spots to kick back and relax.
You can take advantage of daily afternoon happy hours, or let your tastebuds run wild with an eclectic pool bar menu, as you invite the rhythms of island life serenade you into a state of inner peace.
- To book, check prices or availability for Arubiana Inn Hotel
12. Ocean Z Boutique Hotel – a charming and intimate boutique to stay in Aruba perfect for Millennials and Gen Zs
At Ocean Z, the magic begins on arrival, as you sip complimentary champagne. This Aruba gem was lovingly designed by a Venetian architect, and has been decorated with an artistic European vibe.
Here, gorgeous indoor spaces are combined exquisitely with outdoor beauty. A wide, curving staircase leads up to the suites, which boast a fresh, chic colour palette to evoke an air of island splendour.
A full bar in the lobby and a lush outdoor pool area girdled by cosy sun loungers spark a stylish tropical welcome, creating a soothing ambiance which emanates throughout this graceful, elegant boutique.
- To book, check prices or availability for Ocean Z Boutique Hotel
13. Karibu Aruba Boutique Hotel – a fun, kitsch, tropical pet-friendly hotel that is within walking distance from the beach
In Swahili, the word ‘karibu’ means ‘welcome’ – A fitting appellation for this charming, three-pearl boutique. Situated peacefully on a residential street in Noord, special touches add a unique twist on a typical hotel stay, owing to the attentive Dutch staff who offer rides to nearby landmarks.
Topped with an endearing courtyard modelled after a Spanish hacienda, the barefoot, island style is bolstered through quaint, modern decorations, and a homey feel is enhanced through cosy nooks and couches.
White and cream shades blend with bright turquoise accents and terra cotta-tile flooring in the guestrooms, which boast hardwood furniture with rustic silhouettes and evoke a romantic ambiance.
- To book, check prices or availability for Karibu Aruba Boutique Hotel
14. Blue Residences – a modern quirky-chic spacious seafront aparthotel near major shops and restaurants
A luxury condominium resort which combines the hospitality of a full-service resort with the space and comfort of a condo apartment, Blue Residences are a prime spot to lounge around and soak up the island charm.
Multi-bedroom suites and private terraces reveal awe-inspiring ocean panoramas, and the resort’s two picturesque infinity pools are topped with exceptional facilities and a personalized poolside service.
Further on-site offerings include an internationally inspired menu and handcrafted cocktails at the restaurant & bar, blissful wellness treatments at a full-service spa, and a first-rate fitness room. Aruba’s world-famous Eagle Beach and Palm Beach are located just a stone’s throw away!
- To book, check prices or availability for Blue Residences
15. Serene by the Sea – a charming boutique hotel close to popular points of interest
Offering a tropical welcome like no other, this opulent Aruba boutique displays a stunning collection of cosy nooks, through thatched roofed hang-out spots, swinging hammocks by the beach, and beanbags taking shade under soaring palms.
Well-appointed with a vivid showcase of island colours, the tropical flare is a common embellishment of the trendy furniture around the property’s lush grounds.
This authentic paradise is locally owned and operated, offering a bespoke family atmosphere which emanates into the 6 cosy guestrooms. Private patios and balconies expose the most mesmerising sunsets Aruba has to offer, while state-of-the-art amenities provide the comforts of home.
- To book, check prices or availability for Serene by the Sea
16. All-Inclusive Holiday Inn Resort Aruba – Beach Resort & Casino, an IHG Hotel – a laid-back beachfront resort surrounded by palm trees
Whether you’re in pursuit of a romantic retreat, a family vacation, or just a little downtime, this graciously elegant all-inclusive resort offers something for everyone.
Located in Palm Beach, the glamorous high-rise area of Aruba, a unique atmosphere surrounds the property, with an exotic world of shopping and sizzling nightlife on your doorstep.
At night, you can fall into a blissful sleep surrounded by premium amenities and plush linens, before waking peacefully to the harmonic cacophony of tweeting birds and crashing waves.
This lavish Holiday Inn haven offers multiple beachside pools, as well as unforgettable adventures in the form of thrilling water sports.
- To book, check prices or availability for All-Inclusive Holiday Inn Resort Aruba – Beach Resort & Casino, an IHG Hotel
17. MVC Eagle Beach – a colorful, kitsch, and fun family hotel to stay in Aruba
Retreat to your own spot of private bliss on the island’s pristine shores at this intimate boutique resort. A homey, sustainable stay is offered to guests at an affordable price point, making your dream beach vacation an imminent reality.
The Tulip Restaurant offers serene dining experiences in a garden setting, while the Tulip Bar treats guests to lively happy hours and an electric social scene.
The divine restaurants of MVC’s sister property, Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort, offers further culinary delights. Located across the road from one of Aruba’s quietest beachfronts, a scenic stretch of sand lies right on your doorstep.
- To book, check prices or availability for MVC Eagle Beach
18. Kamerlingh Villa – a relaxed inn popular amongst solo travelers
Palm fringed elegance and nautically inspired resplendence coexist in perfect harmony at this gorgeous, chic property. Quirky furnishings are complemented plentifully by vivid colours, and exquisite artwork reflecting Aruba’s natural surroundings.
A comprehensive range of accommodation options are designed to inspire a special island charm, bolstered by contemporary amenities and state-of-the-art kitchen utensils.
Every room has a patio, where you can sit in splendour and revel at sweeping vistas. A shared lounge, garden, and lush outdoor swimming pool offer optimum spaces to rejuvenate mind, body, and soul, while bike and car rentals can be arranged to kick start your epic adventures.
- To book, check prices or availability for Kamerlingh Villa
19. The Palm Leaf Apartments – a chic adult-only boutique apartment ideal for large groups
Through contemporary furnishings and opulent embellishments, this securely gated 1-bedroom apartment embodies a trendy, well-cultivated charm.
The Palm Leaf Apartments complex is a brand-new addition to the island, located on the edge of the famous Noord strip, a stone’s throw away from the crystal-clear Caribbean waters.
Welcoming you to a unique lodging experience, a strong eco-focus suffuses the property which manifests through Aruba Aloe toiletries made fresh on the island, and double-glazed windows designed to reduce heat transfer.
The property features a private salt water pool, as well as a conveniently appointed lounge area, where guests can rejuvenate and draft up the perfect Aruba itinerary.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Palm Leaf Apartments
20. Aruba’s Life Vacation Residences – BW Signature Collection – a down-to-earth aparthotel that offers great facilities
A brand new, state-of-the-art hospitality journey awaits you at Aruba’s Life, a stunning BW Signature Collection experience which oozes a sensation of luxury from the minute you enter.
Fully equipped accommodations graced with modern, minimalist charm are designed to add a flare of functionality to your blissful sanctuary.
The suites feature a fully stocked kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, as well as a cable flat-screen TV and a plush seating area with sofa bed.
Experience Aruba like a local as you bask under the golden sunshine by the radiant L-shaped pool area, or have a hit on one of two beachside tennis courts.
- To book, check prices or availability for Aruba’s Life Vacation Residences – BW Signature Collection
We also have posts on…
- Cool boutique hotels in Bermuda
- Cool boutique hotels in Cancun
- Cool boutique hotels in US Virgin Islands
- Cool boutique hotels in The Bahamas
- Cool boutique hotels in Jamaica
- Cool boutique hotels in St Lucia
- Cool boutique hotels in Punta Cuna
- Cool boutique hotels in Maui
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Puerto Rico
- Cool and Unusual hotels in the British Virgin Islands
- Cool and Unusual hotels in The Cayman Islands
- Cool and Unusual hotels in St Barts
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Curacao
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Martinique
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Guadeloupe
My first true adventure began as a six month voyage around South East Asia as a fresh faced backpacker and ever since I’ve lived a semi nomadic existence, clocking up visits to over 40 countries. I’m a lover of US Road Trips, deserted beaches bathed in warm glow of a sunset, Cuban mojitos, travel destinations far away from the tourist crowds and all things Scandinavian – from cloudberry liquors to Nordic noirs. When not wandering the world and running Global Grasshopper, you’ll find me walking my rescued Greek street dog in leafy South West London, strolling around the Brighton Lanes on random day trips, hunting for photogenic landscapes or daydreaming about my favourite places; Havana, Copenhagen, Italy, Laos, California and the surreally beautiful landscapes of a wintry Iceland.