Known for its beauty, its world-class beaches, its waterfalls, its rum, for being the birthplace of reggae and its laid-back lifestyle, the much-loved Caribbean island is a place that dances to its own tune.
Visit the famous Bob Marley Museum, discover a rare glowing lagoon, sample one of the world’s rarest coffee, go diving or snorkelling at one of the 100 different sites, gaze at the beauty of Seven Mile Beach, party in Montego Bay then relax in a hammock attached to a swaying palm tree.
There are also some equally special places to stay, from quirky boutiques to hip, modern and fun, here are the best cool and unusual hotels in Jamaica, Caribbean (in no particular order)...
1. Ocean Coral Spring Resort – All Inclusive – a new, Instagrammable and elegant resort filled with activity, perfect for Millennials and Gen Zs
Here we have a newly built, state-of-the-art, five-star resort. Ocean Coral Spring features modern, spacious rooms, beautifully-appointed swimming pools, its very own water park, and a lazy river with a gentle current.
The exclusive rooms boast elegant interior designs, and all come equipped with high-end amenities. A true gourmet experience is also on offer, and guests can let their taste buds travel the world with a delicious range of international flavours and signature local cuisine on offer across a variety of themed bars and restaurants.
Furthermore, the resort’s Despacio Spa Centre and the complete entertainment programmes on offer, make this resort a haven which you will definitely not want to leave.
- To book, check prices or availability Ocean Coral Spring Resort – All Inclusive
2. Breathless Montego Bay – a unique, trendy and upscale resort with a social atmosphere, perfect for partying Millennials and Gen Zs
At this all-adult, 150-suite tropical oasis, guests can sway to their own rhythm, and venture to new altitudes at the stunning rooftop pool and car.
The 360-degree, unobstructed mountain and bay views are a sight to behold, and the amenity-packed, tech-savvy suites offer the perfect pampering opportunities to its visitors.
Breathless Montego Bay is committed to redefining and elevating the all-inclusive experience, with top-shelf cocktails at chic bars and limitless gourmet dining, by a beachfront haven.
On a typical morning, guests can wake up to the sun peeking through full-length windows, before soaking in the private hot tub, and sipping on a ready-to-order mimosa.
- To book, check prices or availability Breathless Montego Bay
3. S Hotel Jamaica – Boutique All Inclusive – a fun, cool and contemporary wow-inducing hotel located in the heart of Hip Strip
This boutique, all-inclusive hotel lends itself to an authentic Caribbean experience, positioned within close proximity to an abundance of sightseeing attractions in the isle’s mesmerizing tourism capital.
All 120 rooms and suites boast monochromatic colour schemes, sleek interiors, and awe-inspiring sea views. The pinnacle of exclusivity and service is on offer in the Sky Club Spa Suites, whilst all the rooms feature amenities and plush bedding.
The two restaurants at S Hotel, the poolside grill and the all day café, and the two bars onsite bars, feature artisanal Jamaican and international cuisine, and a custom selection of crafted beverages. A full range of specialty house-made local elixirs is on offer.
- To book, check prices or availability S Hotel Jamaica – Boutique All Inclusive
4. Ocean Eden Bay – Adults Only – All Inclusive – an Insta-worthy, new and 5-star resort steps away from white sand beaches and pristine turquoise waters
Ocean Eden Bay is a brand new five-star resort, located perfectly along the shores of Montego Bay, where guests can enjoy easy access to spectacular white sand beaches with turquoise waters.
The resort offers rooms featuring contemporary chic décor, a large swimming pool, and a whole host of delicious dining options. The evening meal includes an exclusive show with themed performances.
A buffet, and four à la cartes, provide countless options to suit every visitor. The outdoor swimming pool is surrounded by the tall palm trees that characterize a dreamlike Caribbean holiday. There are four bars to choose from, each boasting individually appointed themes.
- To book, check prices or availability Ocean Eden Bay – Adults Only – All Inclusive
5. Azul Beach Resort Negril, Gourmet All Inclusive by Karisma – a trendy, contemporary and hip resort featuring a world class spa and fun swim-up bar
Embraced by some of Jamaica’s most pristine beachfronts and the symbolic tropical sunshine, this all-inclusive escape comes in the form of a paradise brimming with beauty, topped with impeccable service, and one of the worlds most dramatic sunsets.
The ocean-view resort features commodious, contemporary accommodations, with exclusive, adults-only honeymoon suites. A variety of restaurants are on offer, serving exquisitely prepared and artfully presented international cuisine.
A world-class spa, live entertainment day and night, premium liquor, near endless ranges of activities amidst crystal clear waters – These are just some of the amazing offerings at this gorgeous resort, steeped in beautiful landscapes.
- To book, check prices or availability Azul Beach Resort Negril, Gourmet All Inclusive by Karisma
6. AC Hotel Kingston, Jamaica – a classic, modern and urban hotel surrounded by a live music scene and entertainment, perfect for partying Millennials and Gen Zs
Situated in the golden triangle (the business and entertainment mecca of New Kingston) on 6 acres of island greenery, the vacation begins the moment the plane touches down, owing to AC’s fantastic location close to the International Airport.
At the private outdoor pool and bar, island-style relaxation is available whilst the AC Lounge, a hub known for its creativity by day and social buzz by night, is the perfect spot to return to after a day of exploring.
During the day, courtesy of the hotel’s entrepreneurial spirit, guests can feel comfortable working in a modern space, before sharing tapas-style hors d’oeuvres and sipping on signature cocktails at night. All drinks are prepared by an expert mixologist.
- To book, check prices or availability AC Hotel Kingston, Jamaica
7. Zoetry Montego Bay – a chic, modern and 5-star boutique resort with breathtaking views of the Caribbean Sea and lush tropical scenery
Zoëtry Montego Bay is an iconic island paradise with a laid-back Caribbean casual atmosphere. Tucked away in the upscale Rose Hall neighbourhood on its own private beach, this five-star boutique resort delivers an enriching experience inspired by the colours, sounds, and tastes of Jamaica.
This is complimented by a personalized service, luxury amenities, and plush linens across its 49 suites and rooms. The three main buildings, Wood &Water, Bamboo, and Blue Mountain, feature unique architecture, but all share a nod to Jamaica’s ecological tapestry and a commitment to guests’ well-being.
The hotel brings harmony and beauty of nature to a coastal setting. Authentic and vibrant cuisine is on offer here, inspired by the soul and flavours of Jamaica, across 3 á la carte restaurants and a café, where the atmospheres range from polished and formal to breezy and lighthearted.
- To book, check prices or availability Zoëtry Montego Bay
8. Royalton White Sands Montego Bay, An Autograph Collection All-Inclusive Resort – an elegant, fun and modern resort that blends Jamaica’s culture with ultimate luxury
For an all-ages getaway, where daytime excitement meets night-time celebrations, here we have a little spot of Paradise. This modern and luxurious, all-inclusive Caribbean resort provides endless opportunities to create lasting memories.
Whether that means sharing a spa day, having a splash at the water park, or lounging by a lush beach and pools, the very best of Montego Bay can be enjoyed.
Here, guests can take their taste buds to new heights, feasting on the eclectic dining sensations inspired by global ingredients, in both a la carte or buffet-style dining venues. Afterwards, signature cocktails are handcrafted to accompany you whilst you mingle with other guests at the many on-site bars.
- To book, check prices or availability Royalton White Sands Montego Bay, An Autograph Collection All-Inclusive Resort
9. Secrets Wild Orchid – a vibrant, chic and lavish hotel ideal for a couple’s romantic getaway
Located on a peninsula, in over a mile of a gorgeous beach haven, guests can escape into luxury at Secrets Wild Orchid. This is a vibrant, AAA Four Diamond retreat which takes inspiration from the radiant surroundings of the island, steeped in Ethiopian roots.
With the signature Unlimited-Luxury experience, guests can enjoy free flow access to Secrets St. James, and the party at nearby Breathless Montego Bay Resort & Spa. 350 luxurious guest suites at the hotel each feature colonial British décor, an intimate private balcony, and a hot tub.
This is an island retreat which can be enjoyed with all of the elements for relaxation and reconnection, backdropped by a gorgeous view of the Caribbean Sea.
- To book, check prices or availability Secrets Wild Orchid
10. White Sands Negril – a bright, charming and quiet accommodation featuring a private beach and ocean front restaurant
For true Jamaican charm and ambiance in a simple family-run environment, White Sands is the perfect choice. Bolstered by beach views and local Jamaican vibes, this accommodation is suited for those seeking an authentic experience at an affordable price.
The hotel offers one-bedroom apartments, gorgeous deluxe rooms, and standard rooms which look out onto both the garden, and the beach. White Sands is a laid-back and informal hotel, without the trappings of a traditional hotel.
The staff take pride in calling it a hotel with a ‘non-hotel atmosphere’, so for the traveller who values local charm over extensive in-room amenities, White Sands is the perfect choice.
- To book, check prices or availability White Sands Negril
11. Jamaica Inn – one of the best boutique hotels on the island where guests can experience an elegant and lavish ocean front stay
Jamaica Inn is often referred to as the home of legends. The soft sophistication and gracious service has attracted the world’s biggest and brightest for generations.
The exquisite, island-fresh cuisine on offer, can be accompanied by the magnificence of the glistening Caribbean Sea along the inn’s private beach. The antique-appointed accommodations are the perfect spot to unwind, due to their spacious, impeccable, and tasteful settings, topped with a gorgeous veranda.
This inn is timeless yet modernized, traditional and classy, with an opulent ambiance. Guests often return here year after year, for an other-worldly pampering experience helping them to connect mind, body, and soul.
- To book, check prices or availability Jamaica Inn
12. Spanish Court Hotel – a Spanish-inspired, beautiful and contemporary hotel located in the entertainment district
The Spanish Court Hotel is the go-to destination for the discerning traveller. Boasting a city-centric location, the business hubs, tourist attractions, and many exquisite restaurants can be enjoyed with easy access.
The hotel serves as a hub for Kingston’s movers and shakers, who flock to its buzzing, eclectic café, or indulge in chill vibes around the Cabana pool. The Sky Terrace, complete with a 50-foot infinity lap pool, boasts a tremendous nightlife scene.
The 125 beautifully-designed rooms come in 7 different categories, each featuring unique décor, opulent furnishings, with premium, tech-savvy amenities. All bathrooms are tiled from floor to ceiling and feature an exclusive roman tub.
- To book, check prices or availability Spanish Court Hotel
13. Hermosa Cove Villa Resort & Suites – an idyllic, serene and ec0-friendly accommodation where guests can enjoy kayaking and snorkelling
Clayton Korver, an American art collector, sharpened his machete in 2021, shaping twelve acres of lush tropical forest, resulting in a magnificent haven brimming with natural landscape, as an artful offering to the discerning traveller.
With stone-lined paths cutting through the tree and rock formations, this resort offers a varied twist on your typical Jamaican paradise.
Here, guests also contribute to the artistic atmosphere, with writers, painters, and musicians traveling in from all over the globe to create their own masterpieces. Christophers, the onsite restaurant, is a unique fusion of European, Asian, and Indian flavours, where guests can sample one of the chef’s many elaborate creations.
- To book, check prices or availability Hermosa Cove Villa Resort & Suites
14. GoldenEye – a hip, stylish and famous hotel set on 52 acres overlooking the Carribean Sea
GoldenEye has a magnetic quality, which attracts guests from all disciplines of creativity. Fleming created the James Bond character, sting wrote ‘Every Breath You Take’, and Bono wrote the theme song to the GoldenEye film, all whilst staying at this hotel. At that point, the original fleming Villa (what it used to be called), didn’t have enough rooms.
What followed was magical. A mega extension and refurbishment saw the birth of brand new masterpieces: rooms varieties such as The Originals, Beach and Lagoon Villas, Lagoon Cottages, and Beach Huts.
The hotel has been furnished with gorgeous outdoor showers and deep clawfoot tubs, set between oversized palm leaves. Each room features airy verandas and kitchens. A stay at the GoldenEye will be rather extraordinary, courtesy of its timeless luxuries and thoughtful room arrangements.
- To book, check prices or availability GoldenEye
15. The Caves – one of the most romantic hotels in Jamaica where guests can enjoy an upscale, vibrant and boutique-style stay
The Caves is a specially handcrafted utopia, combining a modernized, metropolitan attitude with the natural glamour of Negril. Blue skies, bright nights, and evocative moments characterise this stunning hotel, where every room is unique and bursting with character.
From heart-stopping coastal views atop spectacular caves, to custom-designed cliffside cottages, the artful hideaways at The Caves all come with the cosiness of home.
Here, guests experience wholesome home cooking at its very finest, through a wide array of sumptuous dishes thoughtfully prepared with local ingredients. The dining experiences range from authentic Jamaican ‘Jerk’ barbeques to stunning candlelit 5-course affairs. A truly one-of-a-kind experience!
- To book, check prices or availability The Caves
16. Geejam – one of Jamaica’s most upscale boutique accommodations providing guests with a cool and hip stay
Overlooking the azure seas of Port Antonio, a region frequented by celebrities and renown explorers, we have the awesome Geejam.
Nestled in the rainforest at the foot of the Blue Mountains, this is the perfect spot for guests who are looking to not escape life, but inspire it.
This is an intriguing, rather quirky haven for culturalists and creative galvanizers, and the discerning adventurist. The duality of natural beauty and modern convenience is celebrated in abundance, whilst the sound of tree frogs and rock-steady rhythms provide an epic soundtrack to your Jamaican journey.
The 12 luxurious rooms are designed to amplify the beauty of nature, in a spot where scenic seclusion, and sun-drenched daydreams await, backdropped by rainforest views.
- To book, check prices or availability Geejam
17. Catcha Falling Star – a rustic-chic, bright and serene resort that is a favourite for being the true Gem of Jamaica
Overlooking the Caribbean Sea from the cliffs of Negril, here we have a whimsical resort where timeless memories are made. The sweetest vibes of this amazing country are captured effortlessly at the cliff-side cottages and suites at Catcha Falling Star.
Here, guests can return to their inner bliss, whilst watching the waves crash into shore, or observe dolphins leaping in and out of the water from one of the many cosy lounging nooks that tier over rising rocks.
A true Jamaican gem, the friendly culture and thoughtful hospitality make for an exceptional stay, meaning guests can focus on savouring the delicious table-side fare on offer.
- To book, check prices or availability Catcha Falling Star
18. Sunset at the Palms Resort – Adults Only – All Inclusive – a rustic, unique and chic accommodation just moments away from a white sandy beach
Sunset at the Palms is the gateway to the most blissful beach in Jamaica. Relaxed, serene, and chic, guests can awaken each morning to the sounds and scents of nature, amongst tropical gardens and flowering plants at the edge of Negril.
This gorgeous resort offers 85 elegantly appointed ‘treehouse-style’, guestrooms and suites, set on 10 acres of whimsical landscape. In these graceful, airy guestrooms, white drapes flutter over French doors, and the sleek, modern bathrooms feature splendid slate tiles.
The Asian-inspired furnishings feature gauzy linens, natural fibers, and dark wood trappings. The hotel also offers an activity desk, where there is plenty of adventure-fuelled options to choose from.
- To book, check prices or availability Sunset at the Palms Resort – Adults Only – All Inclusive
19. Wild Coffee Retreat – a Bohemian-style, 5-star and art deco accommodation in close proximity to local attractions and restaurants
At the Wild Coffee Retreat, rustic art meets roots and culture, and compounds to form a handcrafted boutique hotel, tucked behind stone walls and lush gardens.
Brimming with magical experiences which captivate guests from the moment they step inside, the design highlights a staggeringly bold art collection.
This is the perfect place to relax, unwind, read books, write stories, listen to reggae, and learn about Jamaican culture, away from the hustle and bustle of Negril.
Known for its good vibes and down-to-earth hospitality, the onsite restaurants serve excellent farm-to-table fare, featuring locally sourced produce and healthy seafood dishes.
- To book, check prices or availability Wild Coffee Retreat
20. Bluefield Bay Villas – a unique, upscale and stylish accommodation with each villa featuring a private pool
An ultra-luxurious escape like no other, Bluefield Bay Villas provide a tailored, elegant experience in Jamaica’s exotic countryside.
Guests are invited to enjoy breathtaking views, endless activities, and gourmet cuisine, all enveloped by the calm and stunning Bluefields Bay. The villas are surrounded by pristine waters and lush mountains, and define a private world of rare luxury and stunning beauty.
Here, the concierge can arrange any experience, whether relaxing or adventurous, ensuring the personalized getaway of a lifetime. Ranging from two to six bedrooms, each accommodation is appointed with spacious indoor/outdoor living and dining areas, private pools, and unparalleled sea vistas.
- To book, check prices or availability Bluefield Bay Villas
We also have posts on…
- Cool and unique hotels in Barbados
- Cool and unique hotels in Punta Cuna
- Cool and unique hotels in The Bahamas
- Cool boutique hotels in St Lucia
- Cool and unique hotels in Bermuda
- Cool and unique hotels in Maui
- Cool and unique hotels in Key West
- Cool and unique hotels in Miami
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Cancun
- Cool and Unusual hotels in US Virgin Islands
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Aruba
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Playa del Carmen
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Isla Mujeres
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Tulum
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Goa
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Puerto Rico
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Belize
- Cool and Unusual hotels in the British Virgin Islands
- Cool and Unusual hotels in The Cayman Islands
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Curacao
- Cool and Unusual hotels in St Martin
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Martinique
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Guadeloupe
Beth was born under a wandering star, with drama in her veins and ink in her pen. After stints studying theatre in Dublin and Utrecht she used her creative streak to see as much of the world as she could on as little money. She toured Italian Schools with a children’s theatre troop, lived as an au-pair in both Rome and Washington DC, explored the British countryside, worked her way through much of Europe, Salsa danced in Cuba and road tripped down America’s west coast where she discovered her spiritual home; Portland, Oregon. In between adventures she resides peacefully with her family, cats and ukulele.