Sometimes known as the ‘Modern Frontier’ Oklahoma City is known for its cowboy culture and oil as well as its awesome culinary scene, love of art, hip districts, trendy breweries and its interesting American Banjo Museum.
The capital of the U.S. state of Oklahoma’s unique attractions draw visitors from all over the USA, and if you’re staying for a while you can also find somewhere equally as interesting to stay. From beautiful intimate boutiques to sleek and modern hotels, here are some of the best cool and unusual hotels to stay in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (in no particular order, they’re all awesome)…
1. 21c Museum Hotel Oklahoma City – a hip and funky hotel that includes an art museum based in a former factory building
A hotel located inside an art museum, the 21c Museum Hotel Oklahoma City, can be found on Main Street. The boutique hotel has over 130 different rooms that come in all shapes, sizes, and settings.
Every week, unique events are held in the museum that you can attend. There are several different sized rooms available that fit all your requirements; these include Deluxe Double Queen, Deluxe King, Deluxe Loft Suite, Luxury Loft Suite, the Luxury Loft 1.5 Bedroom, and the ultimate 21c Suite. Furthermore, the trendy hotel also offers a 24-hour fitness center, free Wifi, a museum shop, and laundry service, along with several other amenities.
The 21c Museum Hotel Oklahoma City is one of the top-rated hotels in OKC; it is the perfect place for anyone looking for a unique experience.
Address: 900 W Main St, Oklahoma City, OK 73106, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for 21c Museum Hotel Oklahoma City
2. The Ellison, Oklahoma City, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel – a trendy contemporary hotel that offers a vibrant rooftop and a chill vibe
Another cool hotel in OKC, The Ellison, Oklahoma City, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel is a 120-room boutique hotel that provides you with an insight into the culture of Oklahoma City. The design and architecture are inspired by the lives of local people, folklore, and the culture of the city.
There are different types of rooms available at the hotel, which include The Tallgrass, Roserock Room, and The Swallowtail.
You also get an amazing dining experience at The Ellison with Milo, an American restaurant offering local specialties. The Ellison Rooftop Bar offers some great cocktails that you can enjoy, along with a perfect view of the OKC skyline.
Address: 6201 N Western Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73118, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for The Ellison, Oklahoma City, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
3. Bradford House – a unique hidden gem 4-star boutique-style hotel that offers a charming terrace
The Bradford House is a gorgeous and unique 4-star hotel that you can find in northwest Oklahoma City on 38th Street.
It offers both modern and historic rooms and guesthouses. The Historic Petite King, Historic Juliet Queen, and the Historic Classic King are some of the historic homes you can find at the Bradford House. Modern King, Queen, and Family rooms are also available.
As well as fabulous decor it also has its own onsite bar and restaurant.
Address: 1235 NW 38th St, Oklahoma City, OK 73118, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Bradford House
4. Colcord Hotel Oklahoma City, Curio Collection by Hilton – a cool historic hotel located in the heart of downtown Oklahoma city
Colcord Hotel Oklahoma City is a part of the Curio Collection of hotels by Hilton; it can be found in the north of the city on Robinson Avenue. The hotel has been around for almost a century; it is only a few minutes away from the Myriad Botanical Gardens.
You can choose between Deluxe King, Superior Corner King, and Deluxe Double Queen rooms depending on your needs. Different types of suites, including the Colcord King Suite and the Presidential King Suite, are also available.
The hotel also has pet-friendly rooms and offers free Wifi. A fitness center and onsite restaurant can also be found at Colcord Hotel.
Address: 15 N Robinson Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73102, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Colcord Hotel Oklahoma City, Curio Collection by Hilton
5. The National, Autograph Collection – a beautiful boutique hotel that is pet-friendly, listed on the National Register of Historic Places
A project of the Autograph Collection Hotels, The National is a truly stunning boutique hotel located on Robinson Avenue in north Oklahoma City.
You have a number of choices when it comes to the rooms; the Executive collection comes with two options; you can either go with 1 King Bed or 2 Queen Beds. The hotel also offers suites in the form of 1 Bedroom Suites and the 1 Bedroom Presidential Suites.
You can also find some great options when it comes to food; Teller’s is a restaurant that specializes in American-Mediterranean cuisines, and The Great Hall offers some tasty cocktails.
Address: 120 N Robinson Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73102, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for The National, Autograph Collection
6. Omni Oklahoma City Hotel – a conveniently located modern hotel near the airport and many cool attractions
Located on Oklahoma City Boulevard, the Omni Oklahoma City Hotel offers over 600 different rooms, together with several suites.
The location of the hotel is super-convenient and offers easy access to places like the Paycom Center and the Oklahoma City Convention Center. Deluxe and Premier rooms, along with 1 king bed suites, are available for you to stay in.
Free wifi is available, but you can also pay to get better wifi quality and speed. A modern fitness center, lobby bar, and numerous dining options can also be found at the Omni Oklahoma City Hotel.
Address: 100 Oklahoma City Blvd, Oklahoma City, OK 73109, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Omni Oklahoma City Hotel
7. Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel – one of Oklahoma’s favorite cool and unusual hotels, popular among couples
Located in downtown OKC on Broadway Avenue, Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel is close to several attractions that you must visit while you’re in the city.
The rooms of the modern hotel feature a luxury decor that you will hardly find in other hotels. Guest rooms with both king and queen beds, together with other options that can entertain multiple people are available here. An outdoor pool, a restaurant, a fitness center, and a gift shop all are available here.
Address: 1 N Broadway Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73102, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel
8. Renaissance Waterford Oklahoma City Hotel – a luxurious modern design hotel that is within easy access to top destinations
A stylish 4-star hotel that can be found on Waterford Boulevard, the Renaissance Waterford Oklahoma City Hotel is another cool hotel in downtown OKC, located in the posh neighborhood of Nichols Hills.
Paycom Center and Penn Square Mall all are situated close to the hotel and are only a few minutes away.
You can also find a 24-hour fitness center, an outdoor pool, and a racquetball court in the Renaissance Waterford Oklahoma City Hotel. Different types of rooms, along with suites, including 1 bedroom and executive suites, are all available at the hotel.
Address: 6300 Waterford Blvd, Oklahoma City, OK 73118, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Renaissance Waterford Oklahoma City Hotel
9. Aloft Oklahoma City Downtown – Bricktown – a fun one of a kind with live entertainment and great amenities perfect for millennials and Gen Zs
Located in north Oklahoma City on Walnut Avenue, Aloft Oklahoma City Downtown – Bricktown is the perfect mix of classic and modern architecture.
It also boasts a great location and lies close to The Criterion, Paycom Center, the Bricktown Canal, and the Cox Convention Center.
The hotel offers spacious rooms and suites that are decorated in a way that suits everyone. The 1 Bedroom Bi-level Suite comes with a balcony with some great views. Furthermore, you can find some amazing cocktails at the W XYZ bar, along with great food.
Address: 209 N Walnut Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Aloft Oklahoma City Downtown – Bricktown
10. AC Hotel Oklahoma City Bricktown – a deluxe and stylish hotel that provides in-house fitness facilities, perfect for a relaxing escape
A boutique hotel that can be found in east Oklahoma City on Sheridan Avenue, AC Hotel Oklahoma City Bricktown offers a modern getaway that comes with free wifi, smart TVs, mini-fridges, and many more amenities.
AC Hotel is a 3-star hotel that offers facilities you won’t find in many 5-star hotels. The dining options at the AC Hotel are also unique; the AC kitchen offers some great Spanish cuisines that will leave you wanting for more.
If you’re looking for quality drinks and cocktails, you don’t have to look far; the AC Lounge offers everything you might need.
Address: 411 E Sheridan Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for AC Hotel Oklahoma City Bricktown
11. Aloft Oklahoma City Quail Springs – a trendy and vibrant hotel that features a seasonal outdoor swimming pool
Located on Highland Park Boulevard, Aloft Oklahoma City Quail Springs is a 3-star hotel.
The hotel is based close to a number of exciting places like the iFLY, Red Door Escape Room, and Topgolf, along with several other attractions.
The Aloft King, Aloft Queen, and the Savvy Queen Room are some of the available rooms. When it comes to food, the hotel is only a few minutes away from some of the best restaurants in Oklahoma City.
Address: 13111 Highland Park Blvd, Oklahoma City, OK 73120, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Aloft Oklahoma City Quail Springs
12. Ambassador Hotel Oklahoma City, Autograph Collection – a grand chic upscale hotel that offers panoramic city views
A 4-star hotel located on Walker Avenue in north Oklahoma City. It is one of the best-rated hotels in the city and has a rich history of great customer service.
Different types of guest rooms, along with Larger Guest Rooms are available here. The hotel is close to Chesapeake Energy Arena and the Bricktown District. The Cafe Cuvee is a restaurant located in the hotel that offers French cuisines, together with unique cocktails.
Address: 1200 N Walker Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73103, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Ambassador Hotel Oklahoma City, Autograph Collection
13. Grandison Inn Bed & Breakfast – a unique quirky-chic Victorian architecture three-story inn, built-in 1904
Situated on Shartel Avenue, Grandison Inn Bed & Breakfast was established in 1904 and is one of the oldest hotels in Oklahoma City.
Hunter & Hound, Florence’s Room, Royal Retreat, Anna Augusta, Jim Bob, Memory Cove, Treehouse hideaway, and Divine Providence are the eight guestrooms, all of which offer an exclusive experience not available anywhere else.
Address: 1200 N Shartel Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73103, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Grandison Inn Bed & Breakfast
14. Tru By Hilton Oklahoma City NW Expressway – a sleek and modern hotel that provides many complimentary services, including free breakfast
The Tru By Hilton Oklahoma City Nw Expressway is an affordable and unique option for anyone looking to stay in a non-conventional hotel in Oklahoma City.
This trendy hotel offers both King and Queen rooms as well as a business and fitness center. There is also an outdoor pool onsite. Tru By Hilton offers its guests amenities such as free breakfast, and free wifi to name a few. Overall, this is a very affordable and clean hotel that is more than sufficient for a short stay in the city.
Address: 4100 Northwest Expy, Oklahoma City, OK 73116, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Tru By Hilton Oklahoma City NW Expressway
15. Embassy Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City Northwest – a modern industrial-chic hotel where guests can benefit from a heated pool and two onsite restaurants
Embassy Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City Northwest can be found on the Northwest Expressway.
Together with free made-to-order breakfast, you also get complimentary evening reception, free wifi, EV charging, an indoor pool, and a fitness center, among other unique amenities.
The Local Kitchen & Tap offers everything from appetizers to drinks and proper meals. Several different packages are also available that allow you to get your hands on exclusive discounts.
Address: 3233 Northwest Expy, Oklahoma City, OK 73112, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Embassy Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City Northwest
We also have posts on…
- Cool and unusual hotels in Dallas
- Cool and unusual hotels in Kansas City
- Cool and unusual hotels in St Louis
- Cool and unusual hotels in Denver
- Cool and unusual hotels in Austin
- Cool and unusual hotels in Memphis
- Cool boutique hotels in Tucson
- Cool and unusual hotels in New Orleans
- Cool boutique hotels in Tulsa
- Cool boutique hotels in Albuquerque
- Cool and Unique Hotels in Lubbock
- Cool and Unusual Hotels in Amarillo
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Hot Springs
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Fort Worth
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Eureka Springs
- Cool boutique hotels in Branson
Gary is an award winning full time professional photographer and videographer with too much wanderlust for his own good. Fuelled by strong coffee, you’ll often find him wandering well off hiking trails in search of interesting photographic subjects or scenery to video. Self taught and with the use of pioneering digital techniques, he quickly built up a strong client base and has worked with many prestigious organisations, including GQ, BBC, London Fashion Week, Grazia, Sky, Metro, Vogue Italia. He specialising in evocative images of people, places and cinematic videography and his goal is to make the viewer look twice and engage. As well as a penchant for good design, the ketogenic diet and Hungarian Vizslas, he also has a huge affection for Chicago, Bucharest, Scandinavia, Croatia and absolutely everywhere in Italy. Find him on Instagram @garynansome, Twitter @garynansome and his website https://garynunn.co.uk/