Seoul, a city where ancient palaces and dazzling cityscapes combine to a nonstop K-Pop beat, is a place where old and new exist in blissful harmony. A deep blend of tradition and technology has formed a city where an early-morning temple visit can be followed by traditional tea-sipping and finished with a stroll through an effervescent, neon-lit metropolis.
Famed for its upbeat districts, eclectic fashion scene, and vibrant street food markets, Seoul never ceases to amaze.
Seoul’s amalgam of luxury and wonder attracts visitors from near and far to its stunning range of exceptional hotels. From heritage-infused boutiques to cutting-edge high-rises, here are the best cool and unusual hotels in Seoul, South Korea (in no particular order)…
1. L7 Hongdae by LOTTE – an urban, hip and quirky hotel with cool industrial chic decor perfect for partying Millennials and Gen Zs
Lying adjacent to Hongik University Station, L7 Hongdae is nestled in the heart of a youthful street where various cultural events are held.
The hotel was established as a creative haven for innovators and is a melting pot of artists, partiers, and hip travellers. The 340 guestrooms reflect the tasteful individuality of the area, topped with plush bedding and quirky décor.
Cultural content synthesizes with digital convenience, and the stunning roof-top pool area is a brand-new hot spot for famous DJs and musicians.
A delicious dining experience awaits at the New York-style restaurants ‘Floating’ and ‘Blue Roof Lounge’, which coalesce locally inspired fare with delicious international dishes.
- To book, check prices or availability for L7 Hongdae by LOTTE
2. Moxy Seoul Insadong – a fun, stylish and trendy hotel featuring a rooftop bar with a vibrant and youthful atmosphere
Indulge your irreverent side at this downtown gem, and experience South Korea’s traditional architecture, dazzling nightlife, and quirky shopping spots.
This sleek and trendy hotel is located smack bang in the heart of Seoul! The rooftop bar is a perfect hangout spot for creative cocktails, music, and electric vibes, while the on-site bar ‘Seoul at Moxy’ features breathtaking views of the effervescent cityscape.
Once you check in, you can unpack your bags in your affluently designed guestroom or suite, which features tech-forward initiatives including a flat-screen smart TV.
You can pick up a snack or coffee at the hotel’s 24/7 Grab & Go Lounge on the 2nd floor, before heading out to soak up the charm of one of the world’s most bustling metropolises.
- To book, check prices or availability for Moxy Seoul Insadong
3. Andaz Seoul Gangnam – a cool, contemporary and very Intagrammable upscale hotel where guests can enjoy an on-site spa and wellness facilities
Bridging the senses of local culture with modern living, this luxury lifestyle hotel is directly connected to Apgujeong metro station, and is smack back in the beating heart of Gangnam.
Inspired by the traditional Korean cloth art Bojagi, all 241 guestrooms were eloquently designed by the award-winning studio Piet Boon, and reinterpret quirky patterns in a futuristic way.
The multi-functional atmosphere of the in-room design oozes glamour and sophistication, and the sense of space is enhanced through a diagonally designed wall.
The on-site dining experience Jogakbo is inspired by the gourmet alleys that shape the Apgujeong area, and consists of three interactive zones – Bites & Wine, Seafood Grill, and Meat & Co. Distinctive cooking techniques characterize the ingredients of all three kitchens.
- To book, check prices or availability for Andaz Seoul Gangnam
4. L7 Myeongdong by LOTTE – a fun, trendy and creative hotel surrounded by some of the best shopping and tourist activities
Blending trailblazing technologies with a cosy radiance, L7 Myeongdong is a rejuvenating haven in the city centre of Seoul, where lifestyle and culture harmonize to create a unique hospitality experience.
The sophisticated guestrooms are a space for trend-leading visionaries and boast a minimalistic interior design, topped with Korean-style boutique accessories.
The floating rooftop bar features dazzling vistas of Namsan Mountain and the cityscape, where guests can enjoy a handcrafted cocktail accompanied by business enthusiasts and global artists.
Other facilities include a 21st-floor foot spa, and a unique VR experience where guests can embrace the colourful art of animation.
- To book, check prices or availability for L7 Myeongdong by LOTTE
5. Vista Walkerhill Seoul – formerly W Seoul – a chic, stylish and wow-inducing urban resort with Insta-worthy views overlooking the Hangang River
This enchanting urban resort combines incomparable natural beauty with advanced technologies, inviting guests to a futuristic insight and a cultural experience teeming with sustainable luxury.
The lobby boasts an 800-year-old olive tree, which has been reborn to reflect Vista’s constant search for originality. As the vibrant beats and eclectic music pours over you, the vigour of this signature lifestyle hotel will inspire a sense of creativity.
Impeccable interior design and modern décor characterize the elegantly appointed guestrooms which are brimming with boundless energy, and the hotel’s unique art programme ‘VISTART’ showcases the latest trends in Korean culture.
A healthy lifestyle is at the core of Vista’s passion, with an invigorating wellness experience is on offer through trendsetting fitness programmes.
- To book, check prices or availability for Vista Walkerhill Seoul – formerly W Seoul
6. SR Hotel Sadang – a hip, trendy and industrial-chic hotel located next to the subway and offers Insta-worthy views
SR Hotel welcomes you to an unrivalled blend of chic sophistication and traditional Korean grandeur, in a stunning high-rise property where boutique meets modern luxury.
The guestrooms boast dark tones and quirky furnishings, whilst mixing and matching exotic materials to ooze a unique sense of splendour.
A stunning roof-top bar is dotted with ambient lights and thoughtful touches to create a lavish flare, as you soak up the dazzling cityscape backdrop.
An internationally fused buffet-style breakfast is served each morning at Bel Ami Restaurant, which evolves into a vibrant night scene where business visionaries and hip travellers come to embrace a unique sense of connection.
- To book, check prices or availability for SR Hotel Sadang
7. Henn na Hotel Seoul Myeongdong – a fun, weird/crazy and unique hotel where robots work providing guests with a unique, modern and tech-savvy stay
Utilizing various advanced technologies to offer a unique hospitality experience, Henn na Hotel is a pioneer of a new style of accommodation in East Asia, sensitive to modern trends.
Think contactless smartphone check-in, and robots on hand to provide a first-rate service, this cutting-edge hotel is step into the future.
The hotel’s interior has the captivating layout of a spaceship and is enhanced with impeccable attention to detail.
Totally contrasting any preconceived ideas of a typical hotel design, your stay here will be a quirky venture into one of Asia’s booming mega-cities, and from the minute you step out of the hotel’s doors you are in a bright world of neon lights, surrounded by a bustling cityscape.
- To book, check prices or availability for Henn na Hotel Seoul Myeongdong
8. HOTEL ANTEROOM SEOUL – a creative, industrial-chic and cool hotel in an ideal location for sightseeing
Anteroom is a light-hearted gem inviting guests to experience Seoul beyond a mere travel destination. Treating you to a stay steeped in inspiration, this stunning boutique is teeming with Seoul’s local culture and art, and boasts an exquisite range of guestrooms offering optimum home comforts amid natural woods and eco-friendly amenities.
Anteroom has formed great bonds with local artists, and has become a popular cultural haven for visitors from all over the world.
The on-site Vietnamese café I PHO U delivers exceptional flavours, and is the brainchild of a two-Michelin star chef who broke new ground in modern fine dining with ‘Jungsik’ in New York and Seoul.
- To book, check prices or availability for HOTEL ANTEROOM SEOUL
9. L’Escape Hotel – a very unique, Instagrammable and glamorous Parisian-themed boutique hotel
A Parisian retreat in the heart of Seoul, L’Escape is designed to reawaken the lust for life, and is a graceful insight into the splendour of the 19th-century Belle Époque.
An unconventional atmosphere is created through perfect symmetries of antique furniture in a French-style châteaux. The fragrance of roses will lure you into the gentle serenade upon arrival, and the richly ornamented floral décor will offer a seamless backdrop to create special moments.
The charming selection of guestrooms is intended to emanate the elegance of a French boutique, with premium bedding and comfort you won’t find anywhere else.
- To book, check prices or availability for L’Escape Hotel
10. Gangnam Boutique Hotel Sohsul – a chic, stylish and intimate boutique hotel with striking interiors close to some really great dining options
This charming boutique hotel emanates Seoul’s sophisticated glamour through impeccable stone walls and a lush garden setting of low trees and soft grass, conveniently located under 5 minutes’ walk from a subway station.
Fluffy carpets, hard marble, and undisturbed wallpaper ooze a sense of refined elegance in the stunning array of unique guestrooms, where an ambient lighting system offers a blissful serenade to your epic city break
. At Hotel Sohsul, a stunning range of quaint indoor pools provide a tranquil scene to rejuvenate mind, body, and soul, while an opulent spa experience is topped with soothing treatments amid a chic environment.
- To book, check prices or availability for Gangnam Boutique Hotel Sohsul
11. Conrad Seoul – a sleek and sexy contemporary 5-star hotel within walking distance of local popular attractions
A luxury experience awaits at Conrad Seoul. Selected as one of the Best New Hotels by Conde Nast Traveller, this five-star hotel boasts 434 exquisite guestrooms with an open, refreshing atmosphere, where sweeping views are combined with the convenience of Apple digital devices.
Located in the heart of Yeouido Business District, an area famed as Korea’s Wall Street, the Conrad is connected to IFC Mall and is conveniently situated with transport links to central Seoul.
Guests are invited to remain inspired by an optimum blend of opulence and sophistication, through an eclectic range of exceptional restaurants, banquet facilities, and a state-of-the-art wellness centre.
- To book, check prices or availability for Conrad Seoul
12. Imperial Palace Boutique Hotel – a hip, vibrant and modern hotel perfect for design-loving Millennials and Gen Zs
Imperial Palace Boutique Hotel is more than just an accommodation option, it is a refined cultural space designed to allow the discerning traveller to thrive, and connect with the city in incomparable ways.
Each room is embellished with pop art murals and top-rate amenities to offer a soothing tone to your Seoul visit. The on-site fitness facility is a healing space boasting trend-setting equipment, while the hotel’s restaurant is on hand to treat you to a vivid menu in an open kitchen.
The optimum blend of relaxation and style is oozed in every facet of this stunning hotel, which showcases epic performances from globally recognised artists.
- To book, check prices or availability for Imperial Palace Boutique Hotel
13. RYSE, Autograph Collection Seoul – an eco-friendly, lifestyle boutique hotel designed for guests to have an inspiring and chic stay
RYSE is much more than hotel. It is a marketplace, a gallery, and a hub of nomads and tastemakers under one roof.
Located in Hongdae, the hotel’s prime location is caught between underground clubs and the art university, and promotes sustainability initiatives which are embodied with exceptional dedication. RYSE believes that art defines everyday life, a notion which features prominently throughout every corner of the hotel.
It is a place for creators to leave their mark in Seoul. A proud member of the Autograph Collection, a mark of craft is felt immediately on arrival, and a sense of inclusivity will be felt long after you depart.
- To book, check prices or availability for RYSE, Autograph Collection Seoul
14. L7 Gangnam by LOTTE – a trendy, lavish and lifestyle hotel featuring a footspa and fitness center
Enriching moments amid a global destination are an ever-present reality at this stunning LOTTE hotel, which reflects pride and genuine heartfelt respect for its guests.
Consistently providing a top-rate service which represents pure refinement and delicacy, this lifestyle hotel combines a warm, attentive service with a luxuriously modern style.
A delightful world of haute cuisine is served in the all-day restaurants and bars, while multi-purpose lounges and spaces can be used to seek a quiet spot of requiescence amid a sprawling metropolis.
L7 is a supremely located recreational space brimming with energy and inspiration, where curious travellers and business visionaries can connect their creative minds.
- To book, check prices or availability for L7 Gangnam by LOTTE
15. Ambassador Seoul – A Pullman Hotel – an elegant, striking and grand hotel located in the heart of the city
Offering an atmosphere steeped in traditional beauty bolstered by the sophistication of smart, wooden furnishings, a unique blend of heritage and modern comfort is evoked in this classic, grand hotel.
Timeless elegance is a prominent feature which suffuses the hotel’s interior, and the 269 guestrooms and 49 residences reinterpret the Korean beauty through state-of-the-art amenities and stunning city views.
Guests are welcomed to the ultimate dining experience at the premium live buffet ‘The Kings’, as well as a top-of-the-range Teppanyaki restaurant ‘The Chef’s Table’.
Leisure facilities include screen golf, yoga, and a blissful swimming pool. Your treasured moments will be topped with top-notch service at the sleek and sophisticated Ambassador Hotel.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Ambassador Seoul – A Pullman Hotel
16. La Casa Hotel Seoul – a cute, trendy and intimate boutique design hotel located in the hub of fashion and culture
Art and culture synchronise into a peaceful spot of paradise at this lifestyle design boutique, which beautifully illustrates the lush nature and exceptional traditions of South Korea.
Leading a residential trend in South Korea’s thriving capital, La Casa Hotel boasts a gorgeous garden which evolves with the seasons, as well as an elegant scattering of exquisite, locally crafted art pieces.
The hotel’s business spaces allow you to let work and life coexist, while energy and vitality flow in perfect harmony in the state-of-the-art wellness facilities.
The fresh look in the guestrooms invites you to a blissful atmosphere, sparked with lavish furniture and comforting amenities.
- To book, check prices or availability for La Casa Hotel Seoul
17. Aloft Seoul Myeongdong – a bright, fun and chic hotel with a rooftop bar located in downtown Seoul
Abounding in hip sophistication, Aloft is the perfect base to explore South Korea’s electrifying Capital. The hotel’s chic limestone exterior rises above the cityscape, overlooking the neon nighttime extravaganza.
The fun and functional guestrooms are steeped in modern charm and invite you to embrace the future through tech-savvy amenities and ultra-high-speed Wi-Fi. Airy ceilings, plush bedding, and lavish bathroom features enhance the elegance of your in-room experience.
The hotel’s signature lounge, W XYZ Bar, is the ultimate spot to unwind after a busy day of sightseeing thrills, while the 24-hour fitness centre welcomes you to a world of high-end equipment as you pop in to re-energize.
- To book, check prices or availability for Aloft Seoul Myeongdong
18. AC Hotel by Marriott Seoul Gangnam – a chic, urban and European-inspired hotel perfect for a family-friendly vacation
A scintillating branch of the Marriott brand, a truly cosmopolitan vibe permeates the hotel’s urban setting.
Modern sophistication, European-influenced design, and warm hospitality beautifully coalesce into an exclusive haven, where the incredible cityscape views offer a brand-new way to live and feel the charm of Seoul.
The Premier Lounge offers a diverse scene, which evolves from an afternoon tea spot by day to a vivacious happy hour space by night.
In select rooms, private jacuzzi tubs and terraces offer the ultimate bliss, while a supervised children’s playground provides a safe spot for your little ones as you kick back and soak up the elegance poolside.
- To book, check prices or availability for AC Hotel by Marriott Seoul Gangnam
19. NagNe House (Boutique Hanok) – a historic, cute and quirky-chic accommodation with a beautiful, traditional garden
Set in a renovated 200-year-old Korean wood-framed house, NagNe House combines the convenience of contemporary living with the beauty of traditional aesthetics.
Topped with lush bamboo elements, a stunning garden shares a nod to the glamour of Jeju Island. Located on the main strip and boardwalk of Jongno, this charming boutique is designed with the colour concepts of sunrise and sunset, symbolizing a synthesis of hope, joy, calm, and rest.
A new lease of life has been given to this graceful property, mixing and matching zen minimalism with elegant naturalism. The guestrooms radiate a vibrant charm through peaceful gradation wall art and offer a safe haven from the hustle and bustle of the city.
- To book, check prices or availability for NagNe House (Boutique Hanok)
20. Seochon Guesthouse – a Korean-style, charming and traditional lower-priced accommodation which offers delicious breakfast
Located in Seochon, a quaint neighbourhood which is home to a vibrant art scene, this charming boutique is housed in a hanok (a traditional Korean House).
Whilst this two-story guesthouse is brimming with almost 100 years of history, a unique combination of Western and Korean styles permeates the property. The guesthouse runs a programme called ‘Jaeminangol’ which roughly translates to ‘Funny Village’.
This programme offers you a unique opportunity to explore various aspects of Korean culture and food. A delicious homemade breakfast is served each morning, providing the fuel for a memorable day out amid the quirky backstreets of Seochon.
The delightful staff presence is always on hand to draft up the perfect, tailored itinerary for you.
- To book, check prices or availability for Seochon Guesthouse
We also have posts on…
- Cool boutique hotels in Tokyo
- Cool boutique hotels in Kyoto
- Cool boutique hotels in Osaka
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Hiroshima
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Fukuoka
- Cool boutique hotels in Phuket
- Cool boutique hotels in Koh Samui
- Cool boutique hotels in Singapore
- Cool boutique hotels in Bangkok
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Hakuba
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Kuala Lumpur
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Hanoi
My first true adventure began as a six month voyage around South East Asia as a fresh faced backpacker and ever since I’ve lived a semi nomadic existence, clocking up visits to over 40 countries. I’m a lover of US Road Trips, deserted beaches bathed in warm glow of a sunset, Cuban mojitos, travel destinations far away from the tourist crowds and all things Scandinavian – from cloudberry liquors to Nordic noirs. When not wandering the world and running Global Grasshopper, you’ll find me walking my rescued Greek street dog in leafy South West London, strolling around the Brighton Lanes on random day trips, hunting for photogenic landscapes or daydreaming about my favourite places; Havana, Copenhagen, Italy, Laos, California and the surreally beautiful landscapes of a wintry Iceland.