A popular pastime, a fun family afternoon or a great evening out, there is a great range of ten-pin bowling alleys to choose from in Portland. From kid-friendly to high-tech, here are the best bowling alleys in Portland, Oregon (in no particular order)…
1. Grand Central Bowl and Arcade – a fun modern upscale bowling alley with a restaurant
Located on Morrison Street in East Portland, this high-octane spot has something for everyone. Bowling lanes, video games in the arcade, and places to have a few drinks and indulge in your favorite snacks.
Twelve boutique bowling lanes are available for pure beginners or passionate near-pro bowlers. The atmosphere is more suited to adults than kids, as it’s got a club vibe, according to online reviews. The Grand Central Bowl and Arcade is open until 11 on the weekends.
- 808 SE Morrison St, Portland, OR 97214
2. Kingpins Family Entertainment Center – the newest bowling and arcade center in Portland
King Pins has two locations, one in Portland and another in Beaverton. It offers everything from bowling to video games to virtual reality – something for all ages. King Pins will host your child’s birthday party one day and your corporate event the next.
Lots of online praise for wholesome fun, but that doesn’t mean the Tap House Bar and Grill, on-site, doesn’t serve a mean cocktail or cold pitcher of your favorite brew.
- 2725 SW Cedar Hills Blvd., Beaverton, OR 97005
3. Superplay (Valley Bowling Lanes) – a large bowling alley with a state-of-the-art Qubica/AMF scoring system
This bowling spot has been operating on the Hillsdale Highway in Beaverton since the early 1960s, so it’s practically a local institution. Open weekdays till 11:30, but the weekend go later depending on crowds.
There are bowling lanes designated just for children learning the game, so it’s perfect for a night out with the family. Also hosts parties and corporate events, and has other attractions besides bowling, including an arcade chock full of video games. Easily one of the best places to bowl in Portland. Definitely one of the best bowling alleys in Portland!
- 9300 SW Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy. Beaverton, OR 97005
4. Punch Bowl Social – a hip and fun new bowling alley with games and a giant bar
This massive center – 32,000 square feet – rocks with plenty of activities in addition to bowling. At the Social you can indulge your love of billiards and play darts too, then quench your thirst with a popular cocktail, plate of wings and a pint of your preferred lager.
Located downtown, close to the Waterfront, this establishment is open late on Saturdays, and closes (at the earliest) by 11 on weekdays.
- 340 SW Morrison St #4305, Portland, OR 97204
5. Big Al’s Bowling and Sports Bar – upscale bowling lanes, arcades and a buzzing big game sports bar
Spend the afternoon bowling with friends and then settle in at the sports bar to watch a hockey or baseball game, depending of course on the season.
Big Al’s also has an arcade, plenty of games for the kids and will host your co-worker’s birthday party for a reasonable rate.
- 14950 SW Barrows Rd, Beaverton, OR 97007
6. Park Lanes Family Entertainment Center – a kid-friendly 0ld-school bowling alley with a pro shop, restaurant, batting cages and a large arcade
Situated in Beaverton, this center has so much more than just bowling, although the lanes are impressive, according to online reviews.
But in addition to bowling, there are batting cages, arcades, and a jungle maze that covers three storeys, has two bridges, and will keep the kids moving, laughing and engaged for several hours. The maze is the perfect theme for a child’s birthday party, which Park Lanes has plenty of experiencing hosting.
- 6360 SE Alexander St, Hillsboro, OR 97123
7. Hood Lanes – known as one of the best bowling alleys in Portland
This is an easy-on-the-wallet option for a night of family fun, eating burgers or pizzas and helping the youngsters master the fine art of bowling.
Located on East Powell Boulevard in Gresham, Mt. Hood is doing big business now that some restrictions for COVID-19 have eased, but that means you’ve got to call in advance to book lanes. If you don’t, you may find yourself turned away at the doors because the bowlers who telephoned got all the lanes!
- 2311 E Powell Blvd, Gresham, OR 97080
8. Milwaukie Bowl – a spacious old-school family-friendly bowling alley with bumpers and tournaments
This bowling center located in Milwaukie, Oregon, is glad to be open again after all the restrictions and lockdowns. However, the owners ask that folks call in advance to confirm hours and how many lanes are open.
There are burgers on the menu, cold beer waiting to be poured for you, and lots of other activities for young families.
- 3056 SE Harrison St, Milwaukie, OR 97222
9. Four Seasons Bowling Center – offers an unforgettable experience for people of all ages near Portland
This entertainment locale has lots to keep the whole family busy – lots of lanes, lots of video games, and a full bar for the grown ups in the crew.
Situated on Hillsboro, Four Seasons attracts experienced league bowlers and plenty of families out for a night of fun together. Open until 11 on weekends.
- 322 SE Washington St, Hillsboro, OR 97123
10. Better Off Bowling – Social Leagues – a coed social bowling league for young professionals, young alumni, and fun corporate teams
If you absolutely love bowling but are a novice, or you’re an advanced bowler looking for a league in Portland, Better Off Bowling (BOB) is the place for you. This group has leagues in plenty of cities, and Portland is one of them.
Contact them at: http://www.betteroffbowling.com for details on where and when the group is meeting. BOB helps you become part of Portland’s bowling community.
- 3550 SE 92nd Ave, Portland, OR 97266
11. Tigard Bowl – a classic old school family-friendly bowling with bumpers, snacks and arcade games
Located on the Pacific Highway, this bowling center has been in business for more than 60 years, so it must be doing a whole lot of things right!
In addition to bowling, there is an amusement center kids love, as well as video games, an arcade, and other attractions. Open till after midnight most days, and later on weekends.
- 11660 SW Pacific Hwy, Tigard, OR 97223
12. Nicoli’s Grill and Sports Bar – bowling with a bar & grill
This popular spot is on Lake Oswago, so technically it’s not in Portland proper. But it earns such wonderful reviews from locals and visitors alike that it deserves inclusion on this “best of” spots for eating, bowling, playing video games and having an around rollicking good time on a Saturday night.
You can have a burger while you bowl, or sit back and enjoy a sports event on a big screen TV. Lots of options at Nicoli’s.
- 17880 SW McEwan Rd, Lake Oswego, OR 97035
We also have posts on…
- Best boat rental companies in Portland
- Best Neighbourhoods in Portland
- Best Weekend trips from Portland
- Best road trips from Portland
Ever since he was knee-high to a grasshopper Michael has always been a sucker for an adventure. Growing up he was lucky enough to live in a handful of exotic far flung locations including Hong Kong, Pakistan, Kenya and Tanzania and since then he’s continued his taste for seeking out new cultures. So much in fact he now travels the world as a trading digital nomad, exploring everything from the sizzling street markets in Bangkok to random back alleys in Sri Lanka and everything in between! He also has a special fondness for Cohibas, street food, playing carrom, and fine wine and knows his clarets from his chiantis. He counts Cuba, Amsterdam, Indonesia, Cambodia and Italy as his favourite destinations.