1. Aloft Portland Airport Hotel, Cascade Station (2 miles) – a colorful and upbeat hotel conveniently located near both the airport and attractions
Aloft use their characteristic funky designs to full effect at Portland Airport. A good quality top hotel, beautifully designed and furnished with all the amenities you would expect. Rooms and public spaces are bright, cheerful, relaxed and comfortable.
There’s a lovely indoor pool, a great little breakfast café and bar and, because it’s located in the heart of the Cascade Station, a big choice of shops and restaurants right outside – plus the light railway into downtown Portland if you have a bit more time and fancy taking in a few local sights. When you have to leave, there’s a free regular shuttle to the airport.
- To book, check prices or availability for Aloft Portland Airport Hotel
2. Clarion Hotel Portland International Airport (2.8 miles) – a very homely airport hotel that caters for all your needs
Imposing on the outside but a bit dated on the inside. The Clarion Hotel has all the facilities you might want, including an indoor pool, fitness room, laundry room, and free shuttle service to the airport terminal. They serve good breakfasts but there is no restaurant or bar on-site; although that’s not an issue as there is a handful of places to eat within a short walk.
The entire hotel appears to have last been refurbished before the millennium, but this is reflected in good room rates – you could easily pay more for the same amenities with a bit of frou-frou chucked about.
- To book, check prices or availability for Clarion Hotel Portland International Airport
3. Country Inn and Suites by Radisson Portland International Airport (2 miles) – a fine airport hotel located very closely from Portland International Airport
An unusual hotel located next to the Portland Airport industrial zone giving the appearance of being designed in the 1980s with plenty of dark wood and faux marble when, maybe, it actually was in the countryside? The rooms and suites are big and simply styled with a practical, corporate look.
There is an indoor pool and fitness center and a restaurant serving American cuisine, plus plenty of parking which is useful as you will need a car to reach the nearby shops and restaurants or the light railway station. All the necessities for a stopover coming or leaving through PBX.
- To book, check prices or availability for Country Inn and Suites by Radisson Portland International Airport
4. Holiday Inn Express & Suites Portland Airport, an IHG Hotel (1.6 miles) – an amazing hotel that offers an array of amenities and fantastic deals
Holiday Inn Express doesn’t often make it into top lists of places to stay, purely because these IHG hotels are exactly what you expect: clean, practical, comfortable, friendly, efficient with few frills and no surprises. This one adds an indoor pool and fitness center, a small laundry room, and a business center alongside their comfortable rooms and hot breakfast.
Most importantly, for an airport hotel, it is perfectly located close to the terminal, the Cascade Station shops and restaurants, and the light railway into Portland. That’s all boxes ticked for an airport hotel – what more could anyone want?
- To book, check prices or availability for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Portland Airport
5. Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel (1 mile) – a prime hotel that offers a complimentary airport shuttle
All the style and comfort you would expect from a Sheraton Hotel, with big bright airy rooms and glossy public spaces all themed in grey, beige and gold – this one just happens to be walking distance from Portland International Airport (PDX), and an airport shuttle is available 24/7 if you don’t feel like walking.
There’s a good informal restaurant with a bar, room service, a heated indoor pool and a hot tub, plus a 24-hour fitness center, a salon, and 17 meeting rooms. There’s even a ballroom which can accommodate up to 750 people if you feel like hosting a wedding before your flight.
- To book, check prices or availability for Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel
6. Hampton Inn Portland-Airport (1.2 miles) – great airport hotel where you can enjoy daily free hot breakfast and wifi
Just a small warning here: There’s a Hampton Inn Portland-Airport in Maine and Hampton Inn Portland-Airport in Oregon – only a 3,000-mile difference between the two, so make sure you book the right one! This Hilton hotel is just 10 minutes from Portland International Airport with a free 24-hour local shuttle and five minutes to the Cascade Station for shopping and food, or the Mt. Hood Avenue MAX station for trains to whisk you into downtown Portland.
Hampton Inn Portland-Airport does a good breakfast, has a fitness center and seasonal outdoor pool, and hot tub. It is simply and practically styled as a very good place to overnight.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hampton Inn Portland-Airport
7. Red Lion Hotel Portland Airport (1.7 miles) – one of the best airport hotels that is one of the most favorable locations among Portland Airport hotels
Slightly dated traditional motel-type accommodation located on the more industrial side of Portland Airport. There’s an odd restaurant-bar adjacent to the Red Lion, but you’ll want a car to reach the Cascade Station shopping center or light railway for eating choices.
This is a far from luxurious stopover, but a great choice if you need a quiet budget place to crash and leave the car for an early flight the next morning. There’s a small fitness center on-site and was a swimming pool, but that appears to have closed for good.
- To book, check prices or availability for Red Lion Hotel Portland Airport
8. Hyatt Place Portland Airport, Cascade Station (2 miles) – pet-friendly three stars airport hotel
Big, classy rooms with comfortable seating areas featuring a sofa bed so you can keep the whole family together. Hyatt Place Portland Airport is perfectly located in the Cascade Station amongst the shops and restaurants and with a MAX light railway stop right outside for trips to the city center. Complimentary amenities include parking and an airport shuttle.
There’s also a very good café-bar, a 24-hour convenience store, a lovely indoor pool and a fitness room, as well as a business center for when you need to get things done, and a good breakfast each morning to get you motivated.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hyatt Place Portland Airport
9. Ramada by Wyndham Portland Airport (2.1 miles) – a very cozy airport hotel that welcome pets
There are two Ramada by Wyndham in Portland, one at the airport the other not too far away at the Montavilla district. Take care to book the right one otherwise you might see more of the city than planned. The warm, somewhat dated, budget rooms have balconies and minifridges, microwaves and coffeemakers and suites add living areas, wet bars or whirlpool tubs.
There’s plenty of parking and a free 24-hour airport shuttle. Additional amenities include a casual all-day restaurant and a sports bar, as well as a fitness center, an outdoor pool for the summer, and a sauna. The whole place could do with a full makeover but, until that happens, it’s great value as an overnight place to crash.
- To book, check prices or availability for Ramada by Wyndham Portland Airport
10. Studio 6 Portland (2.8 miles) – a budget-friendly motel within close proximity to Portland Airport
On the perimeter of Portland Airport, in a not-so-great suburban area, Studio 6 Portland is a modest budget hotel just a 12-minute walk from the cliffside Grotto sanctuary – although you might prefer to drive around these streets. The simple studios are nicely designed for function, rather than style, with small kitchenettes and good beds.
There are a few vending machines in the foyer and a small food store on the other side of the road for provisions but no restaurants nearby, so you’ll need that car. Other amenities include a seasonal outdoor pool and coin-operated laundry facilities. All in all, not luxurious but a decent place to stop over on a budget.
- To book, check prices or availability for Studio 6 Portland
11. Shilo Inns Portland Airport (2.9 miles) – an excellent airport inn where you can benefit from an indoor pool or a hot tub
A large all-suites hotel with sizeable rooms in an odd Benidorm-type styling that somehow generates a homely, relaxed atmosphere. Shilo Inns Portland Airport has a very good-sized indoor pool, small fitness space and a restaurant-bar that serves better food than you’d expect.
If you can see past the very unusual décor this is an excellent hotel for the money. It’s too far to walk to a station for the MAX light railway into Portland, but a pleasant short walk to the banks of the Columbia River if you want an escape with a glimpse of the distant mountains.
- To book, check prices or availability for Shilo Inns Portland Airport
12. SpringHill Suites by Marriott Portland Airport (3 miles) – an up-scale hotel, ideal for that business or leisure trip
The charming, simple studios at SpringHill Suites by Marriott are bright and modern with desks, ergonomic chairs and separate living areas with pull-out sofas. All also provide coffeemakers, minifridges, microwaves and wet bars. Freebies consist of a good breakfast buffet, an airport shuttle and lots of parking.
Other amenities include a 24-hour convenience store, a lobby bar, a business center and guest laundry facilities, plus an indoor pool, a hot tub and a fitness center. All designed in a simple, but very effective, cheerful style of clean lines and splashes of color. There is no restaurant but there are a few eateries within a short walk.
- To book, check prices or availability for SpringHill Suites by Marriott Portland Airport
13. La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Portland Airport (3 miles) – an exquisite inn that offers a 24-hour fitness center
A collection of rooms and suites nicely furnished in a simple style with a good indoor swimming pool, hot tub and fitness center. La Quinta is slightly out of the way for restaurants, so you’ll probably need a car to reach them, or take your chances trying to cross a busy road or get a taxi to the nearby Cascade Station.
Overall, the rooms are comfortable and bright. It’s good, honest accommodation for the price which includes a nice breakfast and free regular shuttle to the airport terminal. Nothing here to get excited about but better than many.
- To book, check prices or availability for La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Portland Airport
14. Best Western Plus Portland Airport Hotel & Suites (3 miles) -newly renovated airport hotel perfect for a short break
Straightforward, nicely styled, comfortable rooms come with the usual amenities, as well as microwaves, but are slightly smaller than usual. The suites have the benefit of a bit more space and separate sitting areas. There is a complimentary airport shuttle and a breakfast buffet to get you moving.
Other amenities include a small fitness room and a guest lounge. Parking is limited here, so you need to pre-book a space, and there’s no restaurant – but there are a few choices within walking distance. This is a neat, unpretentious hotel, doing a good job of providing comfortable short-stay accommodation.
- To book, check prices or availability for Best Western Plus Portland Airport Hotel & Suites
15. Howard Johnson by Wyndham Portland Airport (3.2 miles) – a superb airport hotel that features an outdoor swimming pool
A cheerful-looking hotel in the suburbs away from the noise of the airport. The rooms are sadly, very dated with lots of dark wood, heavy patterns, and wood-chip wallpaper. If you can, try to get one with a balcony to escape the oppressive décor.
On the plus side, amenities include a bar, an Indian restaurant and an outdoor pool when it’s warm enough, plus a gym, and meeting and event space. There’s an airport shuttle, free breakfast, and plenty of parking. It’s also across the street from The Grotto; a few peaceful acres of gardens and there’s a few shops outside for essentials or takeout.
- To book, check prices or availability for Howard Johnson by Wyndham Portland Airport
We also have posts on…
- Best Hotels with swimming pools
- Best Two bedroom hotels Portland
- Best Historic hotels in Portland
- Best Extended Stay hotels in Portland
Ever since he was knee-high to a grasshopper Michael has always been a sucker for an adventure. Growing up he was lucky enough to live in a handful of exotic far flung locations including Hong Kong, Pakistan, Kenya and Tanzania and since then he’s continued his taste for seeking out new cultures. So much in fact he now travels the world as a trading digital nomad, exploring everything from the sizzling street markets in Bangkok to random back alleys in Sri Lanka and everything in between! He also has a special fondness for Cohibas, street food, playing carrom, and fine wine and knows his clarets from his chiantis. He counts Cuba, Amsterdam, Indonesia, Cambodia and Italy as his favourite destinations.