Perfect for road trips or short stays, if you just need a cheap bed to lay your head for the night then a motel will fit the bill without breaking the bank. The motels make the most of their great location with easy access to state highways, while also ensuring that their guests have a good night’s sleep and plenty of parking. Here are some of the best motels in Portland, Oregon…
1. Eastside Lodge – a great lodge near Portland’s downtown that provides complimentary tea and coffee
This lodge is barely a mile from downtown Portland if you’re searching for a location to stay close to the action. In the foyer, guests can enjoy free coffee and tea and a 24-hour receptionist is available at the front desk of the resort. There is free parking available.
As a bonus, the owners will go above and beyond to give you city advice and to ensure you feel at home. It is also a great venue for holding your meetings and unwinding. Old Town is only a 15-minute walk away from the river. Also within walking distance was the Hawthorne Asylum food cart pod.
Address: 949 E Burnside St, Portland, OR 97214
- To book, check prices or availability for Eastside Lodge
2. Capitol Hill Motel – one of Portland’s favorite motels based in a good neighborhood
Capitol Hill Motel is near Portland Children’s Museum and Portland State University in Oregon. The motel has non-smoking rooms with cable TV and flat-screen televisions.
The motel is in a good location, and the loading and unloading process is simple with your car. A kitchenette and walk-in shower are included.
Address: 9110 SW Barbur Blvd, Portland, OR 97219
- To book, check prices or availability for Capitol Hill Motel
3. Viking Motel – one of the best Portland’s cheap motels that offer private bathrooms in each room and free toiletries
Interstate 5 and downtown Portland are just a few minutes away from the Viking Motel, a Portland hotel.
This motel has rooms with independently controlled air conditioning. There is also a flat-screen television in the room, a coffee maker if you fancy a beverage in the evening and a private bathroom.
Price and location are both good features of this motel accommodation. The Alibi tiki bar, which serves a range of beverages, is located near the nighthawk.
Address: 6701 N Interstate Ave, Portland, OR 97217
- To book, check prices or availability for Viking Motel
4. Aladdin Inn and Suites – a favorable inn that is conveniently located in Southwest Portland where you can explore amazing free amenities
Portland, Oregon’s Southwest Portland is just a short drive away from this motel. It provides free Wi-Fi and daily continental breakfast in its rooms. In just ten minutes, you’ll be in the heart of downtown Portland.
The rooms at Aladdin Inn and Suites are basic, but they come equipped with a work desk and cable television with HBO. Depending on the room, there is either a microwave and refrigerator or a full kitchen, including a stove and utensils.
Address: 8905 SW 30th Ave, Portland, OR 97219
- To book, check prices or availability for Aladdin Inn and Suites
5. Nordic Inn – a cozy inexpensive motel with a nice decor where you can enjoy beautiful seating areas
The Oregon Convention Center is around 6 miles from the Nordic Inn & Suites in Portland, Oregon. The Moda Center is also approximately 6 miles away, as are Lan Su Chinese Garden and the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry.
The motel offers family suites for those traveling with children. Everything about your stay at the Nordic will be first-rate. The bathroom is spotless, exterior cleanliness and upkeep are also top-notch. If it’s cleanliness and modernity you are after, they’ll be evident in your room as you’ll love the beautiful wood floors.
Despite the room’s small size, it will include everything you’ll need for your stay: a refrigerator/freezer combo, a microwave, a coffee maker, and a flat-screen TV/DVD combo. In addition, you’ll appreciate that you can park right outside your door.
Address: 11942 NE Sandy Blvd, Portland, OR 97220
- To book, check prices or availability for Nordic Inn
6. Shilo Inn – a stunning hotel located nearby Portland’s airport where you are entitled to a free shuttle
It’s less than a half-mile from the Oregon Convention Center. As a guest, expect a complimentary continental breakfast served every morning in the rooms. The mattresses are comfy and wonderful. The beds are comfortable, and the design has an old-world vibe.
If you’re looking for a great discount on a vintage motel in a great location, this is your best option.
Address: 11707 NE Airport Way Portland, OR 97220
- To book, check prices or availability for Shilo Inn
7. Monticello Motel – a charming motel that offers spacious rooms and fully equipped kitchens, ideal for families
In addition to standard rooms with free Wi-Fi, this Oregon motel near Interstate 5 provides suites with full kitchens and basic rooms. There are only three miles between the motel and the heart of Portland.
Large, comfortable rooms are available at the Monticello Motel, equipped with cable tv, microwave, and refrigerator. It’s located in a great place, at night it’s very peaceful.
Address: 4801 N Interstate Ave, Portland, OR 97217
- To book, check prices or availability for Monticello Motel
8. Downtown Value – an affordable motel with bunk beds too
The cost of this motel is very reasonable and a great option for a quick weekend break.
If you’re after a hostel without beds, this is your place. Individuals who stay in the same room with another person get to pay the same rate. Every penny counts when it comes to cleanliness and comfort and Downtown Value sure knows that.
You may find food trucks just down the street from Powell’s Books and a few blocks away from the river. The moniker “downtown” implies that it’s in the city’s heart.
Address: 415 SW Montgomery St, Portland, OR 97201
- To book, check prices or availability for Downtown Value
9. Econo Lodge City Center – a top lodge that is within walking distance to the beach and many famous attractions
Book your room now to get the best value for your money when staying at the Econo Lodge City Center in Portland, OR. A few attractions include Portland State University, and the Portland Art Museum.
The location is convenient for public transportation. Proximity to health institutions such as Shriners Hospital for Children, Doernbecher’s Children’s Hospital, the VA Portland Health Care System, and the Casey Eye Institute are all in check and within a short distance. Additionally, the motel offers free Wi-Fi and daily continental breakfast, and guest laundry facilities. There is a microwave, a refrigerator, and a coffee maker in each room.
Address: 1889 SW 4th Ave, Portland, OR 97201
- To book, check prices or availability for Econo Lodge City Center
10. Hospitality Inn – a stylish motel where you can explore a hot tub and a fitness centre
Waffles are served as part of the daily continental breakfast at this Portland, Oregon motel. For entertainment purposes, the motel got you as they provide a satellite television to allow you to catch up on your favorite shows.
There is a sofa and chair in every room at the Hospitality Inn. A small refrigerator, a microwave, and a coffee and tea preparation set are provided. The personnel at the front desk is quite kind and helpful when it comes to recommending nearby restaurants.
Address: 10155 SW Capitol Hwy, Portland, OR 97219
- To book, check prices or availability for Hospitality Inn
We also have posts on…
- Best Portland hostels
- Best staycations in Portland
- Best campsites near Portland
- Best Historic hotels in Portland
Gary is an award winning full time professional photographer and videographer with too much wanderlust for his own good. Fuelled by strong coffee, you’ll often find him wandering well off hiking trails in search of interesting photographic subjects or scenery to video. Self taught and with the use of pioneering digital techniques, he quickly built up a strong client base and has worked with many prestigious organisations, including GQ, BBC, London Fashion Week, Grazia, Sky, Metro, Vogue Italia. He specialising in evocative images of people, places and cinematic videography and his goal is to make the viewer look twice and engage. As well as a penchant for good design, the ketogenic diet and Hungarian Vizslas, he also has a huge affection for Chicago, Bucharest, Scandinavia, Croatia and absolutely everywhere in Italy. Find him on Instagram @garynansome, Twitter @garynansome and his website https://garynunn.co.uk/