Whoever had the idea of opening the first spa hotel has our gratitude. Nothing beats a relaxing, soothing session at the spa to get back in spirits after a long journey. The cozy atmosphere alone can be enough to melt away all worries and tiredness and help us feel refreshed. Portland has its fair share of unmissable hotels that give new meaning to spa hotels. From independent hotels to popular chains, here are the best Spa Hotels in Portland, Oregon (in no particular order)...
1. McMenamins Edgefield Spa – a very popular hotel spa carefully designed for everyone’s needs
The ever-popular McMenamins Edgefield hotel is located on the historic farm which has since been renovated to create a stunning estate. You will find around 100 rooms in the main building and dozens of other amazing spots in the area.
The hotel has tons of options for everyone including dorm rooms with bunk beds, private family suites, and shared rooms. You can discover the beautiful gardens on-site and visit the pool, spa, theatre, live music, and more.
Address: 2126 SW Halsey St, Troutdale, OR 97060, United States
Distance from Portland: 20 min (15.5 mi)
- To book, check prices or availability for McMenamins Edgefield Spa
2. Royal Sonesta Portland Downtown – an exquisite hotel that offers a premier spa
Royal Sonesta is one of the leading hospitality and hotels companies in the USA. The Sonesta Portland Downtown is nothing short of a marvelous spectacle combining beauty and class at every step. The hotel is built in a royal, luxurious style with tall ceilings, elegant furniture, and generous lighting.
Never miss a workout with the 24/7 Fitness Center which you can find right on the premises. You can choose from a catalog of around 221 rooms to find the best place for your needs. For our spa lovers, the hotel features the Dosha 5th Avenue Spa on the main level.
Address: 506 SW Washington St, Portland, OR 97204, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Royal Sonesta Portland Downtown
3. Portland Regency Hotel & Spa – an elegant and comfy hotel that offers a luxury spa, perfect for relaxation
Portland Regency is the first choice hotel for many people who travel to Portland for a business venture or to spend a much-needed vacation. The spacious, open-plan hotel features spacious rooms, a spa, and even a fitness gym.
The hotel is truly one of the best spa hotels in Portland and is great for everyone from love birds to business officials. For maximum comfort, you can book one of the beautiful, luxury suites that offer additional benefits like a deck and Jacuzzi tub.
Address: 20 Milk St, Portland, ME 04101, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Portland Regency Hotel & Spa
4. BW Premier Collection, Mt Hood Oregon Resort – one of the best resorts in Portland, surrounded by nature and tranquillity
Mt. Hood Oregon Resort brings spectacular views right home to you. Situated near the popular Mt. Hood, this beautiful resort is surrounded by greenery and garners thousands of visitors throughout the year.
The resort features one of the best 27-hole golf courses and on-site spas in Portland. You can also access the fitness gym, play at the tennis courts, or take a dive in the hotel pool. The rooms are spacious and feature living rooms, coffee makers, TVs, free WiFi, and more.
Address: 68010 E Fairway Ave, Welches, OR 97067, United States
Distance from Portland: 1 hr (45.0 mi)
- To book, check prices or availability for Mt Hood Oregon Resort
5. Best Western Portland West Beaverton – the perfect place to enjoy a cozy spa in a serene location
Best Western’s Portland West Beaverton Hotel is one of the coziest and peaceful spa resorts in Portland. The unique location despite being calm is only 5 miles away from downtown Portland.
You will run into the hotel after getting off Highway 217 and immediately notice the characteristic brass chandelier upon entering the lobby. The hotel has an on-premises pool, fitness gym, and a beautiful garden featuring a fountain and gazebo.
Address: 9900 SW Canyon Rd, Portland, OR 97225, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Best Western Portland West Beaverton
6. Camas Boutique Hotel – a century-old charming hotel where you can relax in style in a hot tub
Camas Boutique Hotel is one of the historic sites near Portland that still enjoys wide public attention and serves the residents eloquently. Built-in 1911, the hotel has been upgraded carefully to preserve most of the historic vibe and bring a ton of facilities to the people.
The hotel features simple, cozy rooms with minifridges, TVs, and free WiFi. Most rooms have shared bathrooms but you can book a suite to get bigger and better rooms. The best suite in the hotel features a fireplace and a Jacuzzi tub.
Address: 405 NE 4th Ave, Camas, WA 98607, United States
Distance from Portland: 25 min (20.2 mi)
- To book, check prices or availability for Camas Boutique Hotel
7. Radisson Hotel Portland Airport – a beautiful hotel that offers a well-equipped fitness center
Radisson Hotel is only three miles from the PDX International Airport and enjoys being travelers’ go-to spot when they land in Portland. The hotel offers some of the best views due to its unique location and its proximity to a lake.
The rooms have mini-fridges, microwaves, TVs, and free WiFi. You can also get upgraded suites that have private living rooms and Jacuzzi tubs.
Address: 6233 North, NE 78th Ct, Portland, OR 97218, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Radisson Hotel Portland Airport
8. Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Portland – Jantzen Beach, an IHG Hotel – a great hotel where you can take advantage of amazing discounts and re-energize
IHG Hotels and Resorts company is one of the most popular British companies working on a multinational level. The Holiday Inn Express features some of the best views owing to its unique location near the Columbia River.
The cozy, spacious rooms have coffee makers, free WiFi, and TVs. You can also get access to whirlpool tubs if you go with a suite.
Address: 2300 N Hayden Island Dr, Portland, OR 97217, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Portland
9. Oregon Garden Resort – a lavish resort ideal for a pampering day that offers a great variety of treatments
Oregon Garden Resort is situated in the beautiful and tranquil Oregon Garden that expands around 80 acres of land. The resort has around 103 rooms and was built to provide the residents with a beautiful home to escape all their worries.
The highlighting features of the resort included its proximity to the Moonstone Spa, Garden View Restaurant, and Fireside Lounge. The hotel is situated in the historic city of Silverton and is only an hour away from Portland.
Address: 895 W Main St, Silverton, OR 97381, United States
Distance from Portland: 59 min (42.6 mi)
- To book, check prices or availability for Oregon Garden Resort
We also have posts on…
- Best Waterfront hotels in Portland
- Best Budget hotels in Portland
- Best luxury hotels in Portland
- Best Historic hotels in Portland
Born and raised in Brazil, Gaby has always had a taste for the intriguing, the off-beat and the far flung. After travelling around most of South America, living in Spain and Italy and then moving to England, her feet have stayed continually twitchy. Studying for a degree in Spanish translation and then learning five more languages only poured more fuel onto her travelling ardor.
Gaby likes nothing better than discovering new destinations and meeting the locals, tasting the cuisine and hearing about the local stories. Her other indulgences include French cinema, boxing, photography, colourful manicures and soaking up the rays on a sun-infused beach. She counts Rio de Janeiro, Rome, Barcelona, Lisbon and Cornwall as her most favourite places in the world.