Sometimes, it is almost impossible to enjoy a vacation without your little friend by your side.
Portland has plenty of gorgeous surroundings which are perfect for exploring with your pooch and there are also several self-catering options available in Portland which allow guests to bring their dogs along with them too.
Here are the best dog-friendly vacation rentals in Portland, Oregon…
1. Washington Park Place – a beautiful holiday home that welcomes pets, perfect for a self-catering experience
Located in Southwest Portland, Washington Park Place is a pet-friendly accommodation in Portland that can house up to four people.
It is less than a kilometer away from the Hoyt Arboretum, the World Forestry Center, and Audubon Society of Portland Nature Center and offers a number of fun activities to undertake.
Apart from 2 bedrooms, you also get a seating area, a private bathroom, and a kitchen that comes with a dishwasher, microwave, and refrigerator.
Wireless internet, Television, and BBQ facilities are some of the many amenities offered by the host.
Address: 4619 W Burnside Rd, Portland, OR 97210
- To book, check prices or availability for Washington Park Place
2. Vaulted Cathedral Townhome – a radiant vacation home that offers private parking and plenty of space for your furry friend
A 300 meter square holiday home, the Vaulted Cathedral Townhome is a self-catering option in Portland that allows you to bring your pets with you.
The place is fully air-conditioned and offers easy access to a number of tourist spots within the city.
Along with 3 bedrooms, the accommodation also provides a living area, a kitchen, and a balcony. There is a flat-screen TV and free WiFi so that you are never bored.
Furthermore, there you also get free parking. Other amenities include a microwave, refrigerator, oven, dining table, washing machine, and kitchenware. Heating options are also available to keep you warm in the winter.
Address: 9606 North Lombard Street, Portland, OR 97203
- To book, check prices or availability for Vaulted Cathedral Townhome
3. Artsy PNW Home – one of the most beautiful vacation properties in Portland that is pet-friendly
Situated close to the Moda Center, the Oregon Convention Center, and the Lan Su Chinese Garden, the Artsy PNW Home comes with a garden and a patio. Featuring 2 bedrooms, the holiday home covers an area of 111 meters square.
You get air conditioning and a kitchen containing a microwave, refrigerator, and other essentials. The Artsy PNW Home also provides you with a hot tub, which is something you won’t find in many places.
BBQ facilities are also available if you are looking to have an outdoor cookout. A fireplace, cable TV, and free toiletries are some of the many amenities available at the place.
Address: Portland, OR 97227
- To book, check prices or availability for Artsy PNW Home
4. Cozy Studio with Deck – a well-equipped rustic apartment, ideal for self-catering
Covering an area of 41 square meters, the Cozy Studio with Deck is a fully air-conditioned studio apartment that encourages you to bring your god along.
It is located less than 10 miles from downtown Portland and has a number of shopping centers in its close vicinity.
A flat-screen TV, free Wifi, and a fully equipped kitchen with a highchair for children are some of the many offerings you can find in the apartment.
Address: Portland, OR 97220
- To book, check prices or availability for Cozy Studio with Deck
5. Urban Oasis – a contemporary ample apartment that has everything you need for a self-catering stay
Located less than a kilometer from the Moda Center and the Oregon Convention Center, the Urban Oasis is a spacious apartment that features modern architecture and design, perfect for an urban setting.
The apartment offers 2 bedrooms, a bathroom, and an equipped kitchenette with everything you need. Moreover, there is an on-site ATM machine as well, so that you never run out of cash.
The Lillis Albina City Park is located only half a kilometer away from the apartment, meaning you can take your dog out for a walk every day.
Address: Portland, OR 97212
- To book, check prices or availability for Urban Oasis
6. Boutique Style Apartment – a cozy rental that provides a spacious garden for your beloved pet
An apartment located on Alder Street; it offers a garden for your pet to play in. Built in 1908 and has a rich history, you get a patio and garden views that allow you to relax and absorb the surroundings.
It is situated on the ground floor of the apartment complex and offers 1 bedroom with a bathroom and kitchenette.
The kitchenette contains everything, including a fridge, microwave, and toaster. The host also provides outdoor furniture along with WiFi and a flat-screen TV.
Address: 3215 Alder Street, Portland, OR 97214
- To book, check prices or availability for Boutique Style Apartment
7. Johnson Creek – one of the greatest holiday homes in Portland that provides all the amenities if you wish to have a self-catering vacation
A Holiday home located in southeast Portland on Fern Avenue, Johnson Creek is a pet-friendly accommodation that can house up to six people.
The three-bedroom self-catering option comes with a seating area, kitchen, and a private bathroom with free toiletries.
In the kitchen, you can find basic essentials like a microwave and refrigerator, among other offerings. The living area also contains a fireplace. Wireless internet and satellite TV are also provided by the host.
Address: 6392 SE Fern Ave, Portland, OR 97206
- To book, check prices or availability for Johnson Creek
8. Southeast Portland Retreat – one of the best dog-friendly self-catering rental homes in Portland
Situated on 32nd Avenue in Southeast Portland, the holiday home is only a few kilometers away from the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry, the Moda Center, and the Portland Art Museum.
Along with a bedroom, you also get a living room, a kitchenette, and a washroom.
The kitchen comes with a microwave and refrigerator, and you get free toiletries as well. Satellite channels and a DVD player are also available for entertainment.
Address: 2124 SE 32nd Ave, Portland, OR 97214
- To book, check prices or availability for Southeast Portland
9. Irvington Casa – a modern and colorful studio that features a homey vibe, perfect for self-catering guests
Irvington Casa is an apartment that is built over an area of 51 square meters and is open to pets. The accommodation comes with a garden for your pet to play in.
You get free internet, a television, a heating system, and laundry services among other amenities. The studio apartment also has a seating area, combined with a dining area and a kitchenette.
Kitchenware, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator, and an electric kettle, among other options, are also available at the Irvington Casa.
Furthermore, it is only 1.2 kilometers away from Lloyd Center and 1.4 kilometers from Holladay Park. The Moda Center and the Lan Su Chinese garden are also nearby.
Address: Portland, OR 97212
- To book, check prices or availability for Irvington Casa
10. Tiny Digs Boho Wagon House – a petit house that allows pets featuring a great outdoor area, ideal for a small family
Located in northeast Portland on Glisan Street, the Tiny Digs Boho Wagon House is a cute little holiday home that welcomes all types of pets, including dogs.
It is based in a convenient location, close to several tourist spots in the city.
Designed in a wagon-style trailer, the Boho Wagon house offers all amenities, from a hot shower to an electric heater and air conditioning; there is everything you expect from a top-tier accommodation.
Address: 2546 NE Glisan St, Portland, OR 97232
- To book, check prices or availability for Tiny Digs Boho Wagon House
11. Renu Suites at The Burlington Portland – a city view suite that accepts pets where you can appreciate breathtaking
Situated on 10th Avenue, Renu Suits offer luxury and comfort in the heart of Pearl District. The location is super-convenient as it is close to Moda Center, Lan Su Chinese Garden, and Powell’s City of Books, along with several other well-known tourist spots.
You can choose between a range of apartments, including one-bed and deluxe apartments of different types. Free WiFi, laundry services with dry cleaning, lockers, and heating, along with several other amenities, are available.
The complex also has a fitness center, a shared lounge, and a games room, which you do not get with many other options. Furthermore, the rooms are soundproof and offer the ultimate experience.
Airport drop-off and pick-up services are also available for additional charges.
Address: 920 Northwest 10th Avenue, Pearl District, Portland, OR 97209
- To book, check prices or availability for Renu Suits at The Burlington Portland
12. Tiny Digs Barn House – a cute little barn where you can have an amazing time away with your pet
Tiny Digs Barn House is a holiday home designed to provide you with a farmhouse feel. Equipped with a customized Dutch barn door, the accommodation offers a unique experience that is hard to find anywhere else. It welcomes well-behaved dogs.
You also get free WiFi, running water, air-conditioning, a mini-fridge, and heating facilities, along with several other services that make it the perfect holiday home.
A private bathroom with free toiletries is also available.
Address: 2646 NE Glisan St, Portland, OR 97232
- To book, check prices or availability for Tiny Digs Barn House
We also have posts on…
- Best kayak rentals in Portland
- Best Bike shops in Portland
- Best Tiny House Rentals in or near Portland
- Best Family friendly vacation rentals in Portland
My first true adventure began as a six month voyage around South East Asia as a fresh faced backpacker and ever since I’ve lived a semi nomadic existence, clocking up visits to over 40 countries. I’m a lover of US Road Trips, deserted beaches bathed in warm glow of a sunset, Cuban mojitos, travel destinations far away from the tourist crowds and all things Scandinavian – from cloudberry liquors to Nordic noirs. When not wandering the world and running Global Grasshopper, you’ll find me walking my rescued Greek street dog in leafy South West London, strolling around the Brighton Lanes on random day trips, hunting for photogenic landscapes or daydreaming about my favourite places; Havana, Copenhagen, Italy, Laos, California and the surreally beautiful landscapes of a wintry Iceland.