Love Portland, Oregon, and want to share some of its best spots with the rest of the world?
Well to celebrate being able to get out and about again we’re launching a competition for you to be a travel blogging superstar for the weekend! We’re aiming to find someone who knows the city of Portland in Oregon well to report back on all their favorite recommendations for unique and under-the-radar destinations in Portland you can visit all year round – so both in winter and summer, hence our hashtag #PortlandBlogger365
In return for the weekend’s blogging, we’ll be paying the lucky winner $1000 as well as $300 expenses.
As our weekend Portland City Guide/Roving Reporter we’ll be asking you to…
- Plan out around 8-10 of your favorite spots in Portland that aren’t the usual tourist haunts that can be visited in both summer or winter. So these could include hip bars, cool microbreweries, a food market, a vintage store, or even your favorite live music venue or theater.
- Pick a weekend or two days in the second half of November 2021 or early December 2021 and then report back on your favorite destinations either by photographing and then writing about these destinations (in a post similar to this which will then be published on our blog) or if you’re a more in-the-moment kind of person then tell our audience via Instagram Stories. We will also publish the best photos on our Instagram Gallery with a credit back.
What we’re looking for
- We’re looking for people who love traveling, taking photos, and either writing or presenting on social media.
- The winner should live within easy weekender reach of Portland OR. They will need to know the city of Portland well and be confident in picking some of its best under-the-radar spots.
- We’re looking for people who have a fun and creative outlook.
- No need to be a pro photographer but being able to take clear, in-focus photos would be a definite bonus!
What You’ll Get
- $1,000 prize money.
- Up to $300 reimbursement for expenses.
How to Enter
Applicants also must be 21 years or older and be eligible to work in the USA. Submit your application via this form below and to apply we’ll be asking you the following questions…
- Tell us three of your favorite hidden gems in Portland, Oregon?
- Tell us why you think Portland is awesome?
- Where is your favorite place to photograph in Portland?
- Tell us what you think makes a good travel story whether written or on Instagram?
- Tell us your favorite joke?
Each answer is limited to 200 words.
The Entry Form…
The competition is currently open and due to popular demand, the competition has been extended to 5pm 31st October 2021 to take place in November 2021.
The winner will be judged by us based on who we think will be the best candidate. removed. We’ll announce the winner on Monday 8th November 20201 on our Facebook Page so be sure to like our page so you don’t miss out on the big reveal! We will also contact the winner via email when the winning applicant will have 5 days to accept or decline the offer. The hashtag for this competition is #PortlandBlogger365
Terms and Conditions
- The promoter of the Portland Travel Blogger Competition is GlobalGrasshopper.com
- Entry is open to people who are eligible to work in the USA.
- The entrant must be aged 21 or over.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or corrupted, or due to computer error in transit.
- The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no other alternatives will be offered.
- The winner is responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including any necessary travel documents, passports and visas.
- The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
- The winner agrees to the prospective use of their name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by GlobalGrasshopper Ltd. relating to any post-winning publicity. Any personal data relating to the Recipient or any other applicants will be used solely in accordance with current federal and state data protection legislation.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner does not reply with five days or is unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the runner up.
- The decision of the judge is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision. Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
- In the event of a discrepancy between these standard terms and conditions and the details in the promotional material (or any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry), the details of the promotional material (and any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry) shall prevail.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to apply.
- Limitation of liability – by entering this competition, applicants waive all right to and hold the promoter harmless from any claim, liability, loss, injury, damage (including punitive, incidental, and consequential damages), or expense (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with participation in this competition or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for: late, incomplete, or incorrect applications; an applicant’s failure to receive prize notices due to applicant’s spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for applicants’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information; technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled, or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in this competition, by any human error which may occur in the processing of the applications in this competition; or any typographical, technological, or other error in the publishing of the offer, administration of the competition, or announcement of the Recipient of the competition.
- The competition will close on 5:00 pm PST on 31st October 2021 and after this date, no further applications to the competition will be permitted.
- Applicants will be evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
- Promoter shall select one Recipient from the entire pool of eligible applicants. The recipient will be selected based on the quality of the application as judged by GlobalGrasshopper.com
- Odds of being selected depend on the number of applications received.
- The Recipient acknowledges that participation in the competition will be as an independent contractor. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employee-employer relationship is intended or created by acceptance of the competition. The Recipient has no authority to bind Promoter to contracts, make any agreement or representations without Promoter’s written consent. The Recipient shall not be eligible to participate in any vacation, group medical or life insurance, disability, profit sharing, or retirement benefits, or any other fringe benefits or benefit plans offered by Promoter to its employees. GobalGrasshopper.com is not responsible for withholding or paying any income, payroll, Social Security, or other federal, state, or local taxes, making any insurance contributions, including unemployment or disability, or obtaining worker’s compensation insurance on Recipient’s behalf. The recipient acknowledges that the stipend is subject to all applicable taxes. The recipient is solely responsible for all such taxes or contributions, including penalties and interest.
- The chosen city destinations must not include zoos, aquariums or any other attractions which include captive animals.
- The recipient must adhere to the competition requirements stated in order to be paid the full $1,000 stipend plus up to $300 reimbursement.
- Upon completion of the competition, (and delivery of all assets as agreed), the Recipient will receive a one-time payment of $1000.00 USD. The promoter will also reimburse Recipient up to $300 for: 1.) Gas and transportation costs traveling to Portland City, Oregon. 2.) food; 3.) and other miscellaneous expenses associated with this competition. Upon completion of the Travel Blogging weekend/48 hours, reimbursement funds shall be refunded within 10 days. Receipts will be required for the reimbursement.
- Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend this competition and these Terms and Conditions without notice.
- By submitting an application for this competition, applicants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.