One of Nebraska’s stand out cities is known for being vibrant and artful as well as being home to excellent museums, a lively cultural center and a colorful pioneer history. Located on the Missouri River not too far from the Iowa border, the city is also becoming an increasingly cool city with a good handful of interesting hipster neighborhoods where you’ll find quirky shops, live music venues, trendy bars and restaurants and plenty of art. Want to find an equally creative place to stay? Here are some of the best cool and unusual hotels in Omaha, Nebraska (in no particular order)...
1. Magnolia Hotel Omaha – a hip upscale, downtown design hotel set in a grand 1920s building near the Old Market
This is a chic and trendy upscale, downtown hotel housed in a grand historic 1920s building. The Magnolia Hotel Omaha offers a blend of class and style and some guest suites offer a bi-level living area and kitchen. It also offers city views with tubs and wet bars, as well as TVs and free Wi-Fi, among others.
The Omaha hotel is easily accessible from the Old Market (8 minutes), Interstate Highway 480 (0.8 miles), and Epply Airfield (5 miles). Other amenities include a 8,000 sq. ft. event space, an American cuisine restaurant, and a transport service which will shuttle you to the airport.
- To book, check prices or availability for Magnolia Hotel Omaha
2. Element Omaha Midtown Crossing – a hip eco-friendly design hotel in Omaha perfect for Instagram lovers
This is a great trendy and modern design hotel with eco-friendly credentials. The Element Omaha Midtown Crossing is located 2.4 miles from the University of Nebraska and 1.9 miles from International Highway 480.
Their unique and beautiful rooms come with flat-screen TVs, Wi-Fi, and fully equipped kitchen facilities. Stay on top of events with the business center and don’t leave without trying the breakfast. Oh, and you can also bring your pooch too – bonus!
- To book, check prices or availability for Element Omaha Midtown Crossing
3. The Peregrine Omaha Downtown – a polished nouvelle art deco inspired boutique hotel housed in a historic landmark building
This classy and trendy hotel is housed in a well-known landmark building in downtown Omaha, and highlights include trendy and unique boutique style decor, a rooftop bar offering gorgeous city views and the chic Habitat Restaurant & Bar for contemporary cuisine.
Other stand-out amenities include Nespresso machines, Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, stylish rooms, a 24-hour fitness center. You can also take advantage of their breakfast and parking services.
The Peregrine can be easily reached from Interstate 480 (one mile), and the Joslyn Art Museum (12 minutes).
- To book, check prices or availability for The Peregrine Omaha Downtown
4. EVEN Hotel Downtown Omaha – a cool, bright and modern ‘wellness’ hotel
This is a bright, upbeat and modern wellness hotel located in the heart of downtown Omaha. Stand out features at the EVEN Hotel Downtown Omaha include trendy decor, fitness apparatus in its guest rooms, ergonomic desks and excellent modifications for sitting and sleeping.
Other highlights include one gigabit free high-speed Wi-Fi, a popular restaurant, a King Bed Guarantee, all-natural Eucalyptus linens, spa-inspired showers, a bar, a best in class Athletic Studio and pool, airport shuttle services and the healthy food and beverage options that can be made to order and can be conveniently packaged for you to grab and go. Breakfast (with healthy options available of course!) is available and you can park conveniently – with a little payment.
The hip design hotel Omaha is easily accessible from Epply Airfield, Creighton University, and the Joslyn Art Museum.
- To book, check prices or availability for EVEN Hotel Downtown Omaha
5. The Farnam, Autograph Collection – a sophisticated modern hotel set amongst shops, bars and eateries in the Old Market neighborhood
This is a sophisticated design hotel which offers warmth, elegance and stylish decor. Located one mile and three miles from the Joslyn Art Museum and Interstate 80 respectively, and an 11-minute walking distance from the Heartland of America Park; the cool place to stay is also surrounded by lots of eateries and shops.
The hip, polished rooms at The Farnam, Autograph Collection feature floor-to-ceiling windows which of course come with wonderful views of the city of Omaha. Other great amenities include the New American restaurant, cocktail bar with terrace, art gallery, and gym.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Farnam, Autograph Collection
6. Hotel Deco – an upscale themed boutique hotel set in a downtown art deco building
This is a newly renovated chic luxury art deco hotel themed hotel in Omaha. Known as one of the best places to stay in Omaha, Hotel Deco is placed strategically as it is accessible with a short walk from Orpheum Theatre and about half a mile from Interstate Highway 480.
The 14-story hotel boasts custom art and furniture in luxurious rooms. The rooms also feature flat-screen TVs, free Wi-Fi, and iPod docks. Also enjoy the lounge, in-room massages, and American food from the onsite restaurant.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Deco Omaha
7. Kimpton Cottonwood Hotel, an IHG Hotel – a unique luxury boutique-style hotel set in a historic 1916 building located in the Midtown’s hip Blackstone District
Located in the hip Blackstone District, the beautiful Kimpton Cottonwood Hotel combines early classic twentieth-century design with plenty of modern touches. Formally called the Blackstone Hotel, the chic and refined hotel is housed in a 1916 redbrick building and is located a mile and two from the Joslyn art Museum and Old Market neighborhood respectively.
The elegant guest rooms offer Wi-Fi and TVs and some offer balconies and scenic views of the pool. Don’t leave without taking a tour of the fitness center, pool, and gorgeous rooftop terrace.
- To book, check prices or availability for Kimpton Cottonwood Hotel
8. Hotel Indigo – a pet friendly upscale boutique hotel with a fun theme
Hotel Indigo is a unique upscale boutique hotel that aims to provide a refreshing, inviting atmosphere. Located in the North Downtown axis of the Old Market district of Omaha, it’s easily accessible from Orpheum Theater and Creighton University.
It offers bright, funky but tasteful decor (with a nod to the probation-era) fitness equipment for guests and shuttle services for clients that want to go to the airport. This classy hotel also provides free Wi-Fi services besides modern restaurants, a fun bar, and room services. The hip hotel is also dog friendly – bonus!
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Indigo Omaha
9. Aloft Omaha Aksarben Village – a fun and funky hotel perfect for Millenials and Gen Z’s looking to party
This fun high-tech hotel in Omaha is aimed at urban travelers looking for both relaxation and partying. The cool design hotel is located two miles from Interstate 80 and 5 miles from both Joslyn Art Museum and Lauritzen Gardens and opposite the hotel is a residential quarter.
Aloft offers flat-screen TVs, Wi-Fi, and minifridges in its trendy rooms. It also offers an indoor pool, a games room, a cool bar, a fitness center and a laundry machine. Other amenities are the parking services and breakfast.
- To book, check prices or availability for Aloft Omaha Aksarben Village
10. Omaha Marriott Downtown at the Capitol District – a sleek and chic hotel which is known as one of the best places to stay in Omaha
This popular hotel offers a sleek and chic design with a fabulous riverfront location. The award-winning 4-star Omaha Marriot Downtown is easily accessible from CHI Health Center and Durham Museum as well as Interstate 480.
With 333 rooms, this hotel stands tall as it faces the city and offers lots of packages. It has sofas and minifridges, free Wi-Fi, TVs, and coffee makers. Other amenities include a restaurant, coffee shop, pool, and bar among others. The is onsite parking which will require a fee.
- To book, check prices or availability for Omaha Marriott Downtown