There’s nothing quite like staying in a hotel where you can gaze at the city or country views and watch the sunset too. From independent stays to larger more well-known chains, here are the best hotels with balconies in Portland, Oregon…
1. Staypineapple Hotel Rose – a funky hotel where you can appreciate an amazing balcony view
Staypineapple Hotel Rose is a 3-star hotel located in Downtown Portland.
What makes the Staypineapple Hotel Rose one of the top hotels with balconies in Portland is how the hotel overlooks the Willamette River for a great view of it during nighttime.
You can enjoy signature amenities such as the Naked Experience and SurfPineapple and StreamPineapple (Wi-Fi and streaming for an applicable fee).
The Naked Experience gives you access to personal towels and robes so that you can dress comfortably or go naked if you want to do so as the website says.
Address: 50 SW Morrison St, Portland, OR 97204
- To book, check prices or availability for Staypineapple Hotel Rose
2. River’s Edge Hotel Portland – a very modern hotel where you will benefit from spectacular views from the terrace
River’s Edge is a 4-star hotel with a great view of the Willamette River located in Downtown Portland.
Besides private balconies, some rooms give you access to private terraces, gas fireplaces, and even lovely artwork in the room to give you a different note of relaxation and inspiration during your stay.
If you become a River’s Edge Hotel member, you can reap the benefits of cheaper rates for hotel booking. If you stay for 3 nights or more, you will save 15% on your online hotel booking.
Address: 455 SW Hamilton Ct, Portland, OR 97239
- To book, check prices or availability for River’s Edge Hotel Portland
3. Sentinel, a Provenance Hotel – a luxury hotel that offers spacious terrace studio suites with rooftop views
Sentinel is another 4-star hotel situated in Downtown Portland. While it’s only an extra $20 to gain access to signature amenities, they include free beer when you check into your room, complimentary Wi-Fi, free bike rentals to explore Downtown Portland, access to the fitness center to work out on a Peloton, and more!
If you stay 2 nights, the hotel gives you a 3rd night for free! Booking in a suite gets you up to 30% off your online hotel booking.
Plus, you can enjoy creatively crafted cocktails at their on-site restaurant, Fortune. Enjoy delicious dishes from the renowned chef, Plant Based Papi as well as music from a DJ.
Address: 614 SW 11th Ave, Portland, OR 97205
- To book, check prices or availability for Sentinel, a Provenance Hotel
4. DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland – a lavish hotel said to be one of Portland’s best hotels with balconies
DoubleTree by Hilton is a 3-star hotel located in the Lloyd District. Besides being able to look at the sights from your room’s balcony, you will also enjoy a swimming pool, fitness center, and on-site restaurant. Get premium services including concierge and room service. If you are traveling for work, a business center and meeting rooms are available for your convenience.
Nearby a half a mile from the hotel is the Oregon Convention Center and the Moda Center as well as the Lloyd District shopping centers. The MAX Light Rail is conveniently located next to the hotel if you need convenient travel to Downtown Portland.
Address: 1000 NE Multnomah St, Portland, OR 97232
- To book, check prices or availability for DoubleTree by Hilton Portland
5. Inn at Northrup Station – a cozy hotel that provides great amenities and cute balconies
The Inn at Northrup Station is a 3-star hotel located in the Northwest District.
Become a part of the “Inn Crowd” which is considered their hotel membership. You will get 1 on-site parking pass, continental breakfast every morning you stay, and complimentary tickets to the Portland Streetcar. Plus, every stay counts as one point towards a complimentary night which will be rewarded after 10 stays (10 points accumulated).
Get 10% off Early Bird Booking when you plan a stay at the Inn at Northrup Station a month or more ahead of time. If you have Fido coming with you, there is a 20% off discount for hotel guests to use at Sniff Dog Hotel since the two businesses are partners.
Address: 2025 NW Northrup St, Portland, OR 97209
- To book, check prices or availability for Inn at Northrup Station
6. Rodeway Inn & Suites Portland – Jantzen Beach – a pet-friendly inn where you can enjoy the weather in a comfortable balcony
You will find Rodeway Inn & Suites at Jantzen Beach in the Hayden Island neighborhood of Portland.
Book a room with a balcony to enjoy a peaceful night outside your room. For claiming to be a budget hotel, a room with a balcony is a great accommodation! Other amenities include free Wi-Fi, pet-friendly rooms, family suites (if you need them), access to a copy machine and fax machine, free coffee, convenient outdoor parking, and more.
The hotel is located 5 minutes from the Jantzen Beach Center for brand name shopping adventures and only 15 minutes from the Alberta Arts District to enjoy restaurants, art galleries, and boutiques.
Address: 1401 N Hayden Island Dr, Portland, OR 97217
- To book, check prices or availability for Rodeway Inn & Suites Portland – Jantzen Beach
7. Hotel The Porter Portland, Curio Collection By Hilton – one of Portland’s favorite balcony hotels
Rated as a 4-star hotel and located in Downtown Portland, The Porter Portland is 16 stories high and offers a signature Meditation Spa and fitness to relax and focus on your health during your hotel stay.
The hotel is only two blocks away from the Tom McCall Waterfront Park and the Keller Auditorium so that you and your family can go on water-based adventures or go see a play when you are not relaxing in your hotel room.
Specific rooms come with balconies, but better yet, you can enjoy the on-site rooftop restaurant.
Address: 1355 SW 2nd Ave, Portland, OR 97201
- To book, check prices or availability for The Porter Portland, Curio Collection By Hilton
8. Howard Johnson by Wyndham Portland Airport – a great affordable hotel that offers homey balconies
While Howard Johnson by Wyndham Portland Airport is a 2-star hotel, you can still receive great amenities at a quality price.
Sit on the balcony to enjoy a peaceful rest during the day or night. Other amenities include free parking, free Wi-Fi, a bar, business center, free breakfast, outdoor pool, and so much more.
If you have an infant or young toddler staying with you, there are cribs available upon request, which makes Howard Johnson the best hotel when traveling with babies in Portland.
Address: 8247 NE Sandy Blvd, Portland, OR 97220
- To book, check prices or availability for Howard Johnson by Wyndham Portland Airport
9. Best Western Portland West Beaverton – an amazing hotel that offers great free amenities and gorgeous balcony scenery
Best Western is a 2-star hotel located near West Beaverton and offers simple yet very sought after amenities besides their rooms connected to balconies.
Free breakfast, free parking and free access to the pool and fitness center are examples of their amenities.
If you have stayed at other Best Western locations before, you can pay with your points for a possible complimentary stay when you visit Portland. Select rooms based on whether you want the flexible rate or if you want to get an additional 1,000 bonus points on your Best Western rewards card by paying a little more per night for a specific room.
Address: 9900 SW Canyon Rd, Portland, OR 97225
- To book, check prices or availability for Best Western Portland West Beaverton
10. Holiday Inn – Portland – Columbia Riverfront, an IHG Hotel – an attractive hotel with a magnificent riverfront view
Located in the Hayden Island Neighborhood of Portland, Holiday Inn is a 3-star hotel that offers rooms with balconies, a tennis court, swimming pool, and other complimentary amenities.
Plus, kids stay and eat free at Holiday Inn. Children 18 and younger stay for free. Kids aged 11 and under get to eat for free as well. There must be one adult for each child present for him or her to be able to eat for free when an adult orders from the on-site restaurant’s menu.
Because of this policy for kids staying and eating for free, Holiday Inn is the best hotel when staying with kids in Portland.
Address: 909 N Hayden Island Dr, Portland, OR 97217
- To book, check prices or availability for Holiday Inn – Portland – Columbia Riverfront, an IHG Hotel
We also have posts on…
- Romantic hotels in Portland
- Best Two bedroom hotels Portland
- Best Historic hotels in Portland
- Best luxury hotels in Portland
My first true adventure began as a six month voyage around South East Asia as a fresh faced backpacker and ever since I’ve lived a semi nomadic existence, clocking up visits to over 40 countries. I’m a lover of US Road Trips, deserted beaches bathed in warm glow of a sunset, Cuban mojitos, travel destinations far away from the tourist crowds and all things Scandinavian – from cloudberry liquors to Nordic noirs. When not wandering the world and running Global Grasshopper, you’ll find me walking my rescued Greek street dog in leafy South West London, strolling around the Brighton Lanes on random day trips, hunting for photogenic landscapes or daydreaming about my favourite places; Havana, Copenhagen, Italy, Laos, California and the surreally beautiful landscapes of a wintry Iceland.