Combine friends, drinks and great music for a perfect night out at one of Portland’s Piano Bars. From casual and fun to vintage-inspired upscale spots, here are the best piano bars in Portland, Oregon…
1. Wilf’s Restaurant & Jazz Bar at Union Station – an exquisite bar known for its 1950s style that serves traditional American food
Visit a 1950’s inspired Portland piano bar that serves classic American cuisine and features live jazz musicians as entertainment during your meal.
Wilf’s Restaurant and Jazz Bar is a stellar piano bar to visit because of their delicious seafood-inspired appetizers and entrees, including their Catch of the Day entree that changes out every so often.
Located in the Old Town district in Portland Union Station, you can visit Wilf’s on Wednesdays through Saturdays from 5 pm to 10 pm with happy hours from 3 pm to 6 pm.
- Address: 800 NW 6th Ave, Portland, OR 97209
- Phone Number: (503) 223-0070
2. The 1905 – a hidden gem where you can enjoy craft cocktails whilst listening to live jazz
The 1905 is an upscale pizzeria experience that offers craft cocktails with jazz music as entertainment as you dine.
The 1905’s claim to fame is their tasty artisan pizza, which is worth your while to try during your visit. Thin, crispy, and crunchy Neo-Neapolitan style is the way they make their pizza.
Compliment your pizza meal with supplementary menu items of your choice such as small plates, salads, pasta, and more.
This restaurant is located in the Boise district and is open from 4 pm to 12 am, except they close at 11 pm on Sundays. Happy hours take place daily from 4 pm to 6 pm.
- Address: 830 N Shaver St, Portland, OR 97227
- Phone Number: (503) 460-3333
3. Huber’s Cafe – established in 1879 this lovely piano bar is one of Portland’s favorite
American eatery with clubby bar, founded in 1879, is known for roast turkey & Spanish coffee.
Huber’s Cafe has been open in Portland since 1879, offering a clubby bar scene and unique American cuisine. It’s known as Portland’s oldest restaurant.
You will love Huber’s Cafe roast turkey and Spanish coffee, which are the trademark foods in which this restaurant is known. Order their traditional turkey dinner special to enjoy the dish in its finest presentation and taste.
Located in Downtown Portland at the Hi-Ho Hotel, you can enjoy Huber’s Cafe daily from 11:30 am to 11 pm, except they open at 4 pm on Sundays.
- Address: 411 SW 3rd Ave, Portland, OR 97204
- Phone Number: (503) 228-5686
4. The Green Room – a charming whiskey library that offers a friendly environment and great music
Enjoy tasty bar bites, great music and unique cocktails in a casual environment when you visit The Green Room.
It’s worth a visit to The Green Room because of their delicious bar eats such as shrimp cocktail, oysters, and bone-in ribeye. Try the Old Fashioned or the Ace High cocktails to pair with your dinner.
You can find the Green Room when visiting Downtown Portland under the Multnomah Whiskey Library. The restaurant operates on Tuesdays through Sundays starting at 3 pm or 4 pm and closing at 11:15 pm or 12:15 am, depending on the day of the week. They are closed on Mondays.
- Address: 1122 SW Alder St, Portland, OR 9720
- Phone Number: (503) 954-1381
5. Eastburn Public House – a cozy public house known for their delicious craft beers and great entertainment
Eastburn Public House has 2 floors for dining and entertainment with a taproom, special events throughout the week, and even a heated patio to enjoy outdoor dining any time of the year.
You will appreciate a visit to Eastburn because of the daily events and specials. Enjoy a free stand-up comedy act on Mondays at 8 pm. On Tuesdays, 16-ounce draft beers cost half the price the entire day.
Open Mic Night takes place every Wednesday in the taproom along with $2 off whiskey drinks on the menu.
Buckman, open 8 am to 11 pm daily. Happy hours take place daily from 3 pm to 5 pm. Brunch hours are 8 am to 3 pm daily, too.
- Address: 1800 E Burnside St, Portland, OR 97214
- Phone Number: (503) 236-2876
6. Mississippi Studios – a lively music venue and recording studio perfect for music aficionados
Mississippi Studios is more specialized than the other piano bars in Portland because this is a recording studio and a live music venue. Founded in 2003 by co-owners Kevin Cradock and Jim Brunberg, there’s also an eatery in the establishment called Bar Bar.
You will be astounded when visiting Mississippi Studios not only because of the variety of live performances that you can enjoy but also because of Bar Bar’s classic burgers made with grass-fed beef and their draft beer selection.
Mississippi Studios is located in the Boise neighborhood. The restaurant operates daily from 11 am to 1 am with happy hours every day from 4 pm to 6 pm.
- Address: 3939 N Mississippi Ave, Portland, OR 97227
- Phone Number: (503) 288-3895
7. Clyde’s Prime Rib Restaurant and Bar – a great piano bar to enjoy anything from live jazz to R&Br in a nice intimate setting
Enjoy a traditional steakhouse experience inside velvet red seating booths paired with unique cocktails.
Clyde’s Prime Rib Restaurant and Bar are worth visiting because of their traditional prime rib dish, of course! Originating in 1955, Clyde’s has been serving up a delicious, slow-roasted prime rib to its Portland customers and tourists using the same recipe.
Located in the Rose City Park district, you can enjoy Clyde’s daily from 11:30 am to 10 pm, except they close at midnight on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Address: 5474 NE Sandy Blvd, Portland, OR 97213
- Phone Number: (503) 281-9200
8. Portland City Grill – a luxurious piano bar that offers happy hour whilst admiring Portland’s skyline view
New American dishes with an Asian touch, plus a happy hour, served with a 30th-floor skyline view.
Come taste New American cuisine that’s been fused with an Asian twist for a unique dining experience that you have never witnessed.
Portland City Grill hosts guests during their happy hour on a skyline patio on the 30th floor of the U.S. Bancorp building, which is a great reason alone to visit here! They specialize in their seafood dishes such as seafood alfredo, cioppino, and rockfish jambalaya.
Portland City Grill is nestled in Downtown Portland. The restaurant is open daily from 4 pm to 9 pm, except they close at 10 pm on Thursdays through Saturdays.
- Address: 111 SW 5th Ave 30th Floor, Portland, OR 97204
- Phone Number: (503) 450-0030
9. The Waypost – an eccentric blend between a coffee house and a music venue perfect for all ages and groups
For something a bit different from the traditional enjoy American bar eats and DJs on staff as entertainment every evening that you visit The Waypost.
$9 margaritas and house cocktails and $2 tacos are some of their delicious menu items that you can try.
If you visit during happy hour from 4 pm to 6 pm on any day of the week, you can enjoy discounts on your meal such as $1 off a food purchase if you buy a drink. Enjoy $1 off draft beer, well liquor, and house-infused liquors as well.
The Waypost is stationed in the Eliot district and is open daily for dinner from 4 pm to 11 pm.
- Address: 3120 N Williams Ave, Portland, OR 97227
- Phone Number: (503) 367-3182
We also have posts on…
- Best Juice bars in Portland
- Best cocktail bars in Portland
- Best rooftop bars in Portland
- Best Gay bars Portland
Gary is an award winning full time professional photographer and videographer with too much wanderlust for his own good. Fuelled by strong coffee, you’ll often find him wandering well off hiking trails in search of interesting photographic subjects or scenery to video. Self taught and with the use of pioneering digital techniques, he quickly built up a strong client base and has worked with many prestigious organisations, including GQ, BBC, London Fashion Week, Grazia, Sky, Metro, Vogue Italia. He specialising in evocative images of people, places and cinematic videography and his goal is to make the viewer look twice and engage. As well as a penchant for good design, the ketogenic diet and Hungarian Vizslas, he also has a huge affection for Chicago, Bucharest, Scandinavia, Croatia and absolutely everywhere in Italy. Find him on Instagram @garynansome, Twitter @garynansome and his website https://garynunn.co.uk/