The progressive, fun, and friendly city also make a great backdrop for a romantic break. Head out on a scenic New England drive, enjoy a picnic in gorgeous Boston Common, stroll hand-in-hand along the Charles River Esplanade, gaze at the beautiful views from the Skywalk Observatory, catch a performance in the Theater District, and then enjoy a candlelit dinner at the Top of the Hub for one of the best views in town. Need an equally special place to stay? Here are the most romantic hotels to stay in Boston…
1. The Liberty, a Luxury Collection Hotel – one of the most unique and romantic places to stay in Boston
This gorgeous Boston hotel is both upscale and romantic with a very distinctive design flair and located in a wonderfully unique building (it’s actually a converted jail but looks much better than it sounds!). It offers stylish rooms, on-site dining, a fitness center, and large suites – so a perfect choice if you want to impress your loved one.
The suites are exceptionally beautiful and many of the rooms have gorgeous views of the city. The Liberty Hotel Boston is a great choice for an upscale romantic stay with a difference!
• To book, check prices or availability for The Liberty Hotel Boston
2. Boston Hotel Commonwealth – a swish upscale hotel set in Boston’s Back Bay perfect for couples in love
If you want to stay in a Boston hotel that offers the ultimate in luxury as well as romance, then this is a great option. The Boston Hotel Commonwealth offers dozens of suites with separate living areas that make you feel like you’re at home, as well as three different on-site restaurants and bars to enjoy.
Located near Fenway Park, Kenmore Square, and the House of Blues, you’ll never run out of things to do. If you’d like to stay in night after night for some romance, you’ll be able to enjoy great views, great dining, and great accommodation but for a price that won’t totally break the bank.
• To book, check prices or availability for Boston Hotel Commonwealth
3. Encore Boston Harbor – an extra special upscale hotel perfect for impressing your special someone
Situated right on the water, the romantic Encore Boston Harbor offers numerous on-site dining facilities and some of the most comfortable rooms you’ll ever experience. Included are basic rooms, a suite with over 3,000 square feet, and everything in between, meaning they truly offer something for everyone.
The romantic rooms offer beautiful views, luxurious furnishings, super-comfortable bedding, and a décor that is second to none. Whether you want to venture out and see some of the nearby sights or stay in and get cozy together, this is a great option for a romantic Boston stay.
• To book, check prices or availability for Encore Boston Harbor
4. The Eliot Suite Hotel – an elegant and romantic European style hotel to stay in Boston
If you want European-style romantic luxury with all of the most modern amenities, not to mention a great price, this is the hotel for you. The Eliot Suite Hotel Boston offers both standard rooms and fantastic suites, making this the perfect getaway for couples both old and young.
They have an on-site restaurant that truly offers something for everyone, and it is located very near some of Boston’s best shopping locations, restaurants, and of course, their historic attractions. You also get free Wi-Fi, 24/7 room service, and complimentary passes to some of the area’s most exciting tourist spots, none of which are too far away from the hotel itself.
• To book, check prices or availability for Eliot Suite Hotel Boston
5. Boston Harbor Hotel – a high-end harborfront hotel offering gorgeous views for a special romantic break
With an on-site bar and several dining facilities, you’ll be well taken care of at this romantic Boston hotel, and they even offer romance packages if you’re looking for one of the most romantic hotels in Boston.
They always have a special or discount going on at the Boston Harbor Hotel, and their rooms range from a basic room all the way up to a room that looks and feels like your own home. Most of the rooms offer views of either the water or the city skyline, and one of the things that make all of their rooms special is their décor, which is homey and comfortable and just plain luxurious.
• To book, check prices or availability for Boston Harbor Hotel
6. InterContinental Boston – a chic polished hotel overlooking Boston Harbor perfect for romance
This is a newly renovated hotel that sits right on the water and offers tremendous views that fit perfectly with their amazing rooms. All of their rooms have beautiful furnishings and are incredibly comfortable, and their amenities include romantic suites, executive rooms, an on-site spa, turndown service, a fitness center, a 24-hour business center, and lots more.
There is plenty to eat and drink even if you never leave the hotel, mainly due to the combination of a great location, beautiful rooms, and lots of places to go in the meantime.
• To book, check prices or availability for InterContinental Boston
7. Four Seasons Boston – an extra-special romantic retreat
This 5-star luxury hotel is perfect for couples with very discerning tastes. It offers everything you could possibly want in a hotel, including beautiful rooms, excellent dining facilities, a luxurious spa, and a whole lot more.
You can choose rooms at the Four Seasons Boston with views of the city, the garden, or the courtyard, and each room comes with comfortable bedding and amenities that include large-screen TVs, contemporary décors, marble bathrooms, and much more. You even get an indoor pool and fitness center to enjoy, so regardless of what you want to do on your romantic getaway, there are plenty of options on offer!
• To book, check prices or availability for Four Seasons Boston
8. The Whitney Hotel Boston – a refined and romantic hotel located in the posh Beacon Hill neighborhood
The Whitney Hotel is perfect when you’re looking for romantic couples’ hotels in Boston because it offers everything you could want for either a short-term or long-term getaway.
It offers on-site dining and both standard rooms and suites, and because there are constant specials and discounts, you can enjoy some time away without breaking the bank. The gorgeous hotel offers special amenities for couples looking for romance, including champagne, chocolate, spa treatments, and even your own camera to celebrate your outing.
• To book, check prices or availability for Whitney Hotel Boston
9. Westin Boston Waterfront – enjoy a contemporary romance break in this chic waterfront hotel
This is an upscale hotel indeed that sits right on the Boston waterfront and offers beautiful romantic views regardless of which room you choose. The amenities include a Starbucks, a lobby bar, a sports bar, and a pub where you can enjoy the perfect food or drink.
The rooms are comfortable and have a great décor, and the bedding is both attractive and cushiony. Whether you’re there for a night or an entire weekend, each day will be unique. Room prices start at just over $100 a night, which means you can have a stylishly romantic room for two for a reasonable price.
• To book, check prices or availability for Westin Boston Waterfront
10. XV Beacon Hotel – an intimate upscale set in a beaux-arts building dating from 1903 in Beacon Hill
This luxury boutique hotel located in the middle of Boston offers some of the finest perks you’ve ever experienced, including mahogany paneling, a marble staircase, a caged-glass elevator, and 63 luxurious rooms that offer the ultimate in beauty, comfort, and romance.
The XV Beacon Hotel offers a variety of romantic packages that include wine, gift cards, luxurious bath salts, and a whole lot more. You can visit this hotel for business purposes, too, but if you want a getaway that is designed for couples of all ages, this is where you want to be.
• To book, check prices or availability for XV Beacon Hotel
11. Hyatt Regency Boston – a gorgeous romantic accommodation option in Boston
If you need a romantic getaway but you’re on a budget, then the Hyatt Regency Boston is for you. It offers extraordinary rooms that are super-accommodating, as well as on-site dining, rooms, and suites of all sizes, and access to some great tourist attractions that aren’t that far away.
The Presidential Suite, for example, is over 1,300 square feet of luxury and beauty, and you get amenities such as a walk-in closet, premium bath products, a separate living room, and large windows that open, to name a few. The regular rooms start at under $100 per night, so they are affordable for everyone.
• To book, check prices or availability for Hyatt Regency Boston
12. The Ritz-Carlton Boston – a luxury urban hotel offering upscale romance
With super-elegant furnishings and a total of 193 rooms, the romantic Ritz-Carlton hotel is nothing short of spectacular. It offers on-site dining and a spa, not to mention rooms and suites with contemporary furnishings that can make anyone feel right at home. Furthermore, since they offer attractive vacation packages of all types.
If you’re researching couples’ getaways in Boston, don’t forget to check out this one because with prices that start at around $200 a night it’s a great option for a romantic break.
• To book, check prices or availability for The Ritz-Carlton Boston
13. The Godfrey Hotel Boston – a high-design romantic hideaway
At The Godfrey Hotel, you can enjoy in-room service and several facilities to eat and drink at, so you’ll never go hungry or thirsty. The rooms offer both comfort and beauty, and they start at under $100 per night, making them very affordable.
There are beautiful views of the city and have amenities such as large screen television sets, contemporary furnishings, and nice quiet surroundings so you can sleep peacefully at bedtime. They also have Bluetooth speakers, luxurious bath products, fast Wi-Fi, and a way to stream from your smartphone to the TV, which includes Netflix, Pandora, Hulu, and many others. A perfect romantic getaway in Boston!
• To book, check prices or availability for The Godfrey Hotel Boston
14. Revere Hotel Boston Common – enjoy elegance and romance at this historically inspired hotel
One of the first things you’ll notice about this Boston hotel is the number of rooms they have available, which includes rooms of different sizes and with many different views. Whether you want a regular room or a suite for your romantic getaway, you’ll be offered a great space with historically inspired decor.
Included in the hotel are 356 guest rooms, a lobby bar, a rooftop lounge and bar, pet-friendly rooms, and rooms that are handicap-accessible, making this a hotel that offers something for everyone.
• To book, check prices or availability for Revere Hotel Boston Common
15. Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel – a chic, sexy and romantic modern hotel stay in Boston
Located at 90 Tremont Street in downtown Boston, the Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel has specials galore, including one for couples trying to get away that includes a bottle of champagne, chocolates, and even a special late-day checkout time.
With stone countertops in the bathroom and great views of the city, each room is exquisite and makes staying there a romantic vacation even if it’s just for a short break. With prices starting at just $129 per night, and swish decor this hotel is a great choice for you and your special someone.
• To book, check prices or availability for Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel
We also have posts on…
- Romantic hotels in Philadelphia
- Romantic hotels in Atlanta
- Romantic hotels in Denver
- Romantic Hotels in Nashville