Combing beautiful scenery with great food is probably one of the best ways you can spend an evening.
With two mighty rivers to choose from (Columbia River and Willamette River) you’ll be spoilt for choice for awesome waterside restaurants in Portland, from laid back casual eateries to upscale restaurants, here are the best waterfront restaurants in Portland, Oregon…
1. Clarklewis Restaurant – a classy converted warehouse turned into a romantic waterfront restaurant with great vegan options
Located in the Central Eastside Industrial District, Clarklewis is a vibrant eatery set in a converted warehouse. The best feature of Clarklewis Restaurant is plenty of free parking space.
Clarklewis Restaurant is particularly known for its classic oyster dishes. The most liked dish at Clarklewis Restaurant is Oyster In Carrot Habanero Sauce.
This is a must-have for spicy food lovers. They also have a large selection of desserts, vegan options and cocktails that satisfy even the most sophisticated palates.
- Phone Number: +1 503-235-2294
- Address: 1001 SE Water Ave, Portland, OR 97214, United States
2. Salty’s on the Columbia River – one of the best waterfront restaurants in Portland
Located on the Columbia River, Salty’s is the most vibrant seaside restaurant in the state. At Salty’s, you can enjoy fresh Northwest seafood cuisine while indulging in the mesmerizing views of the Columbia river.
The restaurant is anchored right on the river with Mt. Hood in the background.
Salty’s Waterfront Seafood Grill has a huge selection of seafood that can satisfy even the most discriminating palate. They also offer luncheon salads, sandwiches, chicken and pasta among other food choices.
Salty’s is open throughout the week with different timings on the weekends.
- Phone Number: +1 503-241-6433
- Address: 3839 NE Marine Dr, Portland, OR 97211, United States
3. Portland City Grill – a chic award-winning restaurant where you can enjoy a waterfront breathtaking view
If you’re looking for a mix of Asian and American cuisine, it’s worth eating at Portland City Grill. The restaurant has a 30th-floor skyline view of Portland.
From farm-fresh salads to classic American dishes, the eatery has a huge selection of foods. The staff is very competent, attentive, and friendly.
Located 30 floors above the city, Portland City Grill allows you to indulge in the cityscape while drinking a well-crafted cocktail.
Portland City Grill is open Sundays through Wednesdays from 4 to 9 p.m. On Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, the restaurant closes an hour later.
- Phone Number: +1 503-450-0030
- Address: 111 SW 5th Ave 30th Floor, Portland, OR 97204, United States
4. Portland Spirit Cruises and Events – the perfect combination for food and a cruise
If you want to enjoy global cuisines while cruising through Portland waterways, Portland Spirit can help.
They offer a variety of one-day cruises including lunch cruises, brunch cruises, and sightseeing cruises.
You can cruise the amazing rivers of Portland for less than $100. In addition to delicious food and craft wines, Portland Spirit offers a wide range of on-board amenities.
- Phone: +1 503-224-3900
- Address: 110 SE Caruthers St, Portland, OR 97214, United State
5. Rivershore Bar and Grill – an informal bar where you will find a peaceful atmosphere with a waterside deck
Rivershore Bar and Grill is an old-school restaurant and bar with an exquisite riverview. The place has a super friendly wait staff and serves excellent quality food.
If you want to soak in the mesmerizing river views while having your dinner, Rivershore Bar and Grill is an eatery worth visiting.
The place is open Mondays through Sundays from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. They also have happy hours every day from 2 to 6 p.m. and 8 to 9 p.m. The best time to eat at Rivershore Bar and Grill is during summer.
- Phone: +1 503-655-5155
- Address: 1900 Clackamette Dr, Oregon City, OR 97045, United States
6. Bottle and Kitchen – an awesome eatery that offers delicious food and a spectacular view of the Willamette river
Located in Downtown Portland, Bottle and Kitchen is an eatery serving locally sourced seafood and funky cocktails. If you’re staying at Hotel Rose, you must visit this quiet restaurant with a peaceful ambience.
At Bottle and Kitchen, you have an assortment of entree options to choose from including pancakes, sandwiches, burgers, and omelettes. The wait staff at Bottle and Kitchen is very friendly and super attentive.
The place is open Tuesdays through Saturdays from 4 to 11 p.m. On Sundays and Mondays, the restaurant closes an hour early.
- Phone: +1 503-484-1415
- Address: 50 SW Morrison St, Portland, OR 97204, United States
7. Kimpton Riverplace Hotel – an elegant hotel that provides a riverfront area near a charming park
Located a few miles away from Keller Auditorium, Kimpton Riverplace Hotel is a downtown hotel with a beautiful place to eat. The eatery at Kimpton Riverplace Hotel specializes in Japanese, Italian, and American cuisine.
From lobster rolls to quaffable cocktails to whole grilled fish, they have everything in their menu. If you want to indulge in the engrossing views of the Willamette River while having your Sunday breakfast, it’s worth visiting the Kimpton Riverplace Hotel.
The eatery at Kimpton Riverplace Hotel is open for breakfast Mondays through Fridays from 7 to 10 a.m. On weekends, the place is open for breakfast from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Address: 1510 S Harbor Way, Portland, OR 97201, United States
- Phone: +1 503-228-3233
8. Riverplace Marina – one of the most sought locations for riverfront restaurants in Portland
Located on the edge of Downtown Portland, Riverplace Marina gives you direct access to the Willamette River with boat docking available beside the restaurant.
This floating restaurant has a giant selection of seafood that includes sushi, shrimp pasta and rice, salmon dishes, and fish tacos.
At Riverplace Marina, you get to enjoy different cuisines while watching the fascinating water of the Willamette River.
- Phone Number: +1 503-241-8283
- Address: 0315 SW Montgomery St, Portland, OR 97201, United States
9. King Tide Fish and Shell – a contemporary seafront restaurant that serves traditional American food
King Tide Fish and Shell is a modern eatery that specializes in both raw and grilled seafood. The warm ambience of the restaurant allows you to have a wonderful dining experience.
In addition to seafood classics, the King Tide Fish and Shell bar has an impressive selection of beers, local wine, and cocktails. The restaurant is open Monday through Friday from
The wait staff at King Tide Fish and Shell is super friendly and attentive. If you want to savour Portland-style seafood, this is the place to go. The restaurant is open Mondays through Fridays and closed on Saturdays and Sundays.
The place is open for brunch from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. everyday. They have happy hours from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Phone Number: +1 503-295-6166
- Address: 1510 S Harbor Way, Portland, OR 97201, United States
10. LeChon – an exotic south American inspired restaurant with a scenic waterfront
Located in the southwest of Natio Parkway, Lechon is a bustling eatery that specializes in South American cuisine. The place has a lively ambience charged with culinary fragrance.
Much of Lechon’s success is attributable to its master chef. Chef Jaco often shares his inspirations and recipe secrets with customers.
From Spanish appetizers like tapas to American entrees you can indulge in a wide range of cuisines at Lechon. Lechon is open Mondays through Saturdays from 4 to 9 p.m.
They have happy hours from 4 to 5 p.m. They also offer takeout service from 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Phone Number: +1 503-219-9000
- Address: 113 SW Naito Pkwy, Portland, OR 97204, United States
11. McCormick & Schmick’s Harborside at the Marina – a picturesque riverfront restaurant famous for its happy hour
McCormick & Schmick’s Harborside at the Marina is a pleasant eatery with both inside and outside seating. However, you can avail the happy hours inside the bar only.
If you choose to sit outside, you get to relish the beautiful view of the river while sitting under a large canopy.
While you’re at McCormick & Schmick’s, you must try their apple pie dessert and shrimp salad. They offer delicious seafood at reasonable prices. At McCormick & Schmick’s, you can have a dinner for under $100 dollars including an appetizer, main course, and drinks.
The place is open daily from 12 to 9 p.m. They have happy hours from 3 to 6 p.m. and 9 to 10 p.m. The place is also open for brunch on Saturdays and Sundays from 11:30 to 2 p.m.
- Phone Number: +1 503-220-1865
- Address: 309 S Montgomery St, Portland, OR 97201, United States
12. The Cove – a very popular seafront pub by Chesil Beach
Located on the front of the Columbia River, The Cove is a peaceful eatery serving fresh seafood, locally sourced beer, and craft cocktails.
With a beautiful riverfront environment, The Cove is one of the most delightful places in Columbia Way.
While you’re at The Cove, you must try their famous starter, Five Spiced Prawns. The Cove doesn’t offer takeaway or delivery service. The place is open Tuesdays through Sundays on different timings.
- Phone Number: +1 360-360-5000
- Address: 5731 SE Columbia Way, Vancouver, WA 98661, United States
13. Little River Cafe – a cute riverfront cafe where you can enjoy gluten-free snacks
Located at the west bank of the Willamette River, Little River Cafe is a delightful eatery serving North American food. Little River Cafe has a relaxed ambience and specializes in Oregon-style food.
From Northwest wines to hamburgers to ice cream and desserts, you’ll find everything on Little River Cafe’s menu.
The place is open Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. On Saturdays and Sundays, the cafe closes 2 hours early.
- Phone: +1 503-227-2327
- Address: 315 S Montgomery St #310, Portland, OR 97201, United States
14. Dockside Saloon and Restaurant – a hidden-gem sports bar with a waterfront view
The Dockside is a family-owned restaurant and sports bar offering delicious food with both indoor and outdoor seating. They offer a wide selection of North American dishes.
From Belgian waffles to breakfast burritos to oatmeal, you get plenty of breakfast options. You can even customize your omelete according to your liking.
In addition to American cuisine, the Dockside menu also features a large selection of Italian and French dishes. The place has a relaxed ambience and is perfect for casual breakfasts, brunches, and dinners.
The Dockside is open Thursdays through Sundays from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. The place is closed Mondays through Wednesdays.
- Phone Number: +1 503-241-6433
- Address: 2047 NW Front Ave, Portland, OR 97209, United States
We also have posts on…
- Drive in theatres in Portland
- Best yoga studios in Portland
- Best Comedy Clubs in Portland
- Best Portland Movie Theaters
Gary is an award winning full time professional photographer and videographer with too much wanderlust for his own good. Fuelled by strong coffee, you’ll often find him wandering well off hiking trails in search of interesting photographic subjects or scenery to video. Self taught and with the use of pioneering digital techniques, he quickly built up a strong client base and has worked with many prestigious organisations, including GQ, BBC, London Fashion Week, Grazia, Sky, Metro, Vogue Italia. He specialising in evocative images of people, places and cinematic videography and his goal is to make the viewer look twice and engage. As well as a penchant for good design, the ketogenic diet and Hungarian Vizslas, he also has a huge affection for Chicago, Bucharest, Scandinavia, Croatia and absolutely everywhere in Italy. Find him on Instagram @garynansome, Twitter @garynansome and his website https://garynunn.co.uk/